X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GibberingEloquence
    started a topic Inspirational Images For Beast

Inspirational Images For Beast

The Demon forum has a thread for this where people posted lots of great images, so I thought I'd do the same here. I'll start us off with some imgur albums.

Dragons, Behemoths, Deamons, Angels And Gods
    Creepy Monster Pics (Warning: may startle you)
    50 Mythical Creatures From Around The Globe
    Concept Art: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4

• MrParaduo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    "Not the kind of centaur you were hoping to meet, is it?"

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    The latter comes with a fun bit of lore:

Hiranyakashipu(golden-haired) after his brother Hiranyaksha(golden-eye) was killed by Vishnu, he vowed revenge on the Gods. Hiranyakashipu performed penance for thousands of years to attain supernatural powers meditating on the self-created Brahma. He asked for the boon of immortality, but Brahma refused saying "there can be no creature of a form which can be immortal, I my-self I am not so ask for any other boon!" Hiranyakashipu then asked Brahma that he would never be killed by any human form, animal,with weapons or bare-handed, neither in the day nor at night, neither outside nor inside,neither above nor below. Brahma told him "so be it!"

Hiranyakashipu conquered the three worlds and sat on the throne of the king of gods Indra, but unlike Indra the great he was arrogant, lived like a tyrant and made all the gods including Indra, Vishnu ,Brahma and Shiva bow before him, for none of humanoid form could defeat him. But Hiranyakashipu had a son, his name was Prahrada and though he was just a child he was not fond of material pleasures.

Prahrada always supported Vishnu in the matter of his uncle's death and this angered Hiranyakashipu greatly. Hiranyakashipu tortured Prahrada everyday for he did not heed to his father's words.

One day, Hiranyakashipu beholding a pillar near him mocked his son asking him "if the almighty is everywhere, is he in this pillar too?" Prahrada said yes, and in anger Hiranyakashipu broke the pillar with a single blow from his mighty fist. But then they heard a crackle, like the crackling of thunder! and lo came out from the pillar the incredible Narasimha(man-lion), whose form was neither human nor of an animal.

Narasimha and Hiranyakashipu entered into a fierce battle, and finally Narasimha gained the upper-hand by fighting with his claws, as he was neither armed nor bare-handed. He took him near the entrance of the hall and sat below the arch, neither outside nor inside. He forcefully kept Hiranyakashipu on his thigh, neither above nor below. Naraismha finally tore Hiranyakashipu apart with his claws and wore his intestines as a garland of victory at twilight, which is neither day nor night.

In other words, don't piss off a pantheon who strives to achieve ultimate wisdom. They WILL find a way to bring you down!

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    #JustLionAround

The latter comes with a fun bit of lore:

Hiranyakashipu(golden-haired) after his brother Hiranyaksha(golden-eye) was killed by Vishnu, he vowed revenge on the Gods. Hiranyakashipu performed penance for thousands of years to attain supernatural powers meditating on the self-created Brahma. He asked for the boon of immortality, but Brahma refused saying "there can be no creature of a form which can be immortal, I my-self I am not so ask for any other boon!" Hiranyakashipu then asked Brahma that he would never be killed by any human form, animal,with weapons or bare-handed, neither in the day nor at night, neither outside nor inside,neither above nor below. Brahma told him "so be it!"

Hiranyakashipu conquered the three worlds and sat on the throne of the king of gods Indra, but unlike Indra the great he was arrogant, lived like a tyrant and made all the gods including Indra, Vishnu ,Brahma and Shiva bow before him, for none of humanoid form could defeat him. But Hiranyakashipu had a son, his name was Prahrada and though he was just a child he was not fond of material pleasures.

Prahrada always supported Vishnu in the matter of his uncle's death and this angered Hiranyakashipu greatly. Hiranyakashipu tortured Prahrada everyday for he did not heed to his father's words.

One day, Hiranyakashipu beholding a pillar near him mocked his son asking him "if the almighty is everywhere, is he in this pillar too?" Prahrada said yes, and in anger Hiranyakashipu broke the pillar with a single blow from his mighty fist. But then they heard a crackle, like the crackling of thunder! and lo came out from the pillar the incredible Narasimha(man-lion), whose form was neither human nor of an animal.

Narasimha and Hiranyakashipu entered into a fierce battle, and finally Narasimha gained the upper-hand by fighting with his claws, as he was neither armed nor bare-handed. He took him near the entrance of the hall and sat below the arch, neither outside nor inside. He forcefully kept Hiranyakashipu on his thigh, neither above nor below. Naraismha finally tore Hiranyakashipu apart with his claws and wore his intestines as a garland of victory at twilight, which is neither day nor night.

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
    Been a while since I posted something. Lemme know if I'm putting stuff up that's already been shown.
    Oh, I like the first and the last one a lot! The last one especially could make for a fun Kindred-oriented Inguma. Do we have an aetherial-form-granting Atavism? If not, I'd reskin Infestation to give her some sort of Blood Mist form or something.
    Definitly has Alien Allure and Storm-Lashed, the latter only for the sake of making dramatic entrances (think cheesy romance movies where the love interest enters the room and their hair is moved by some inexplicable wind). Probably a Tyrant.

Leave a comment:

• MrParaduo
    replied
    Been a while since I posted something. Lemme know if I'm putting stuff up that's already been shown.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    "What? I like to swim through the stars at night. Don't judge me!"

"Well, Doctor, it burns when I do ANYTHING!"

"This used to be such a nice neighborhood, too."

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    "Oh, great, dad's drunk again!"

"Dinner time in five minutes!"

"You can not fathom the level of depth perception I have."

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied

(Slightly NSFW) - A Beast and her spawn!

"You ever see somebody dual wielding flails before, Hero?"

Mistakes have been made!

"A wild hunt, you say? Sure, I was getting bored out here, anyways!"

Leave a comment:

• Daigotsu Max
    replied
    Cracked just posted a list of folklore monsters, some of which could be good inspirational fodder. TW for several mention of sexual assaults though.

http://www.cracked.com/pictofacts-11...-around-world/

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied

A Nightmare taking effect:

Unwilling Anakim Ravager with her Horror:

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied

Anakim from ages past:

Eshmaki using a Nightmare, likely You Must Obey:

Namtaru:

Horrormask wearing Beast:

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    This one is something a bit different, a short poem that I feel has plenty to offer to Beast. I originally found it almost two years ago and I keep going back to it regularly.

Anyways, a bunch of days ago I've found it in picture form around the web and figured I might as well share it here.

Last edited by Cinder; 10-19-2018, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X