Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Beast edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mofous From what I've seen there aren't any listed merits or powers to allow a Beghotten to feed by deliberately releasing their Horror upon the dreamscape.

SdeSpencer I didn't see anything that explicitly says that its impossible for a Beast to become kin with a Hero, but in my mind this would be an ST call that borders on a houserule. I mean the Hero in Conquering who was most amiable to Beasts pretty much had the rule of pass through and don't cause trouble and I won't kill you. So while I wouldn't say its explicitly against the RAW it feels less like a thing that would happen in a Chronicle on the player's side and very much like something that would be more of a story hook based on, "Wait why would a Hero go out of their way to save a Beast?"

Comment

• Originally posted by mofous View Post
      A simple, and potentially stupid, question. Can a beast enter a dream and deliberately feed on a victim in that dream. I know the Horror can do that when left at Starving for too long, but can a PC feed this way?
      Take control of your horror, have them travel through the local hive of the primordial dream. The horror can potentially then travel into the dream of someone, in which it can then attempt to terrify the individual in a manner appropriate for your hunger. Finding the dream of someone specific could be rather difficult though and there are no rules for it.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
        SdeSpencer I didn't see anything that explicitly says that its impossible for a Beast to become kin with a Hero, but in my mind this would be an ST call that borders on a houserule. I mean the Hero in Conquering who was most amiable to Beasts pretty much had the rule of pass through and don't cause trouble and I won't kill you. So while I wouldn't say its explicitly against the RAW it feels less like a thing that would happen in a Chronicle on the player's side and very much like something that would be more of a story hook based on, "Wait why would a Hero go out of their way to save a Beast?"
        Thank you!

Comment

• I know you merge and take control of your Horror if you enter your lair, but if you physically travel to a chamber of the primordial dream do you also merge with your horror?

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

• Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
            I know you merge and take control of your Horror if you enter your lair, but if you physically travel to a chamber of the primordial dream do you also merge with your horror?
            Only if it's within or merged with your own Lair.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Here's a question: does the Beast have to be the direct cause the fear in order to potentially gain Satiety from it? In other words, can a Beast feed by witnessing "natural" (or otherwise incidental) trauma?

All of the instances I could find of a Beast feeding would seem to suggest the affirmative, but I don't see anywhere that it is explicitly specified that the Beast must be the instigator to feed from someone. The obvious exception is Family Dinner, in which they don't even have to directly participate, but that seems to operate on different metaphysical rules than normal feeding.

The character concept I had in mind was storm-chaser with a Hunger for Ruin, who would hypothetically feed primarily off the despair and destruction felt by the storms he chases, which he doesn't (necessarily) have any hand in causing.

The longer I study science the more I am convinced that it is functionally indistinguishable from what our ancestors would refer to as sorcery. And I would know, being both scientist and sorcerer.

Comment

• Considering there's a sample character that gains satiety by unleashing her social media followers into doxxing folk to feed from that, signs point to no.

Comment

• She's an Insatiable though, so the normal rules may not apply.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                  Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                  He/him pronouns, please

Comment

• Originally posted by Malus View Post
                    Considering there's a sample character that gains satiety by unleashing her social media followers into doxxing folk to feed from that, signs point to no.
                    I believe that she has to see a video or live feed of the victim killing themselves to feed, though.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
                    X