Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Beast edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    Who would there boss be Dionysus
    Assuming they had a boss and gods actually have that much relationship to things.

    Realistically, who says they have a boss, and if it they do, it depends on their circumstances.


    Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
    Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

    Comment


    • Dionysus is a very inter string god https://youtu.be/5brAr51ip_k

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
        Dionysus is a very inter string god https://youtu.be/5brAr51ip_k
        Even if he is, CofD gods don't tend to be that involved, unless they're something weaker pretending to be a god.

        Another option would be to have the Horror be the madness-causing horned god and have the Maenads as Thralls or Minions, as per the Lair Traits.


        Comment


        • You mean Pan, i presume

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

            Even if he is, CofD gods don't tend to be that involved, unless they're something weaker pretending to be a god.

            Another option would be to have the Horror be the madness-causing horned god and have the Maenads as Thralls or Minions, as per the Lair Traits.
            I actually did something similar. Talassii Enabler with Maenad-like minions, playing with the "get trapped and lose yourself in the wine/dance/woods/bacchanals/dionysiac mysteries" theme

            Not exactly and antagonist but a source of trouble for sure. Fun times
            Last edited by Cinder; 07-08-2018, 06:43 PM.


            Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

            I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

            This is what I'm working on

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Cinder View Post

              I actually did something similar. Talassii Enabler with Maenad-like minions, playing with the "get trapped and lose yourself in the wine/dance/woods/bacchanals/dionysiac mysterious" theme

              Not exactly and antagonist but a source of trouble for sure. Fun times
              Mycaenean Dionysus reincarnated, anyone?

              EDIT: Oh, hey, that's already been brought up. But yeah, I'd be more interested in that as a Horror than simply as a Temenos God, particularly since that kind of ends up low-balling in the ChroD-verse.
              Last edited by ArcaneArts; 07-09-2018, 12:50 PM.


              Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
              Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                You mean Pan, i presume
                Nope. Earlier versions of Dionysus had horns and were HEAVILY associated with driving people crazy. The video that was linked above is a good one with plenty of info that, from the checking I've done, is solid.


                Comment


                • Oh ok. I know he was known as bringing people into frenzy, like making people jump off a ship to drown. I just didn't know he used to be depicted with horns

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

                    Nope. Earlier versions of Dionysus had horns and were HEAVILY associated with driving people crazy. The video that was linked above is a good one with plenty of info that, from the checking I've done, is solid.
                    Where they once the same god?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                      Regarding epic obascus rites. Has anyone ever thought about how powerful those are, especially kingdom of fear? What do y'all believe mages think of this, and the god machine too


                      Considering there are ways in which Beasts can amass actual cults dedicated to them, I like to imagine that in those scenarios, the Beast is worshiped as some sort of pagan deity. And that by providing them with ritual sacrifices, the cultists benefit from the Beast's magical protection.

                      Comment


                      • That's pretty likely, hell if beast were real and I knew they could do that, i would think there is something mythical about them.

                        I just think it's crazy that Obascus Rites are capable of doing that. I like to think the dark mother and the god machine are anathema to each other, so Is there a possibility the god machine has trouble getting around such things

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                          That's pretty likely, hell if beast were real and I knew they could do that, i would think there is something mythical about them.

                          I just think it's crazy that Obascus Rites are capable of doing that. I like to think the dark mother and the god machine are anathema to each other, so Is there a possibility the god machine has trouble getting around such things


                          Beasts do not consider Demons to be family, and since Demons are fallen Angels, and Angels are created by the God Machine, then logic would indicate the God Machine is not related to the Dark Mother.

                          Comment


                          • Yup, which is why I wonder what demons and angels think when such occult things happen. Especially when knowing pacts don't work against them

                            Comment


                            • So here's a question, specifically regarding the innate power Beasts have with Skeleton Key, where they can open any gateway they know about.

                              Beasts don't seem to have anything in their kit that let them sense gateways like Avernian Gates to the Underworld and other otherworldly avenues to other places of reality. How do you describe to Players how their Beast knows they can do this, when they're interacting with something they can't seem to sense, and yet somehow have the capability to manipulate?

                              I'm kind of at a loss of what to do with this and would appreciate hearing suggestions or advice on how to handle this. I can always go the path of "Older Beast tells PC Beast that this can be done", but that doesn't really lay out what to describe to the player they're experiencing and... it kinda falls apart when I'm trying to be "Show, not Tell" in approach to the story of the game.

                              So how does a Beast know they can do this?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Paradim View Post
                                So here's a question, specifically regarding the innate power Beasts have with Skeleton Key, where they can open any gateway they know about.

                                Beasts don't seem to have anything in their kit that let them sense gateways like Avernian Gates to the Underworld and other otherworldly avenues to other places of reality. How do you describe to Players how their Beast knows they can do this, when they're interacting with something they can't seem to sense, and yet somehow have the capability to manipulate?

                                I'm kind of at a loss of what to do with this and would appreciate hearing suggestions or advice on how to handle this. I can always go the path of "Older Beast tells PC Beast that this can be done", but that doesn't really lay out what to describe to the player they're experiencing and... it kinda falls apart when I'm trying to be "Show, not Tell" in approach to the story of the game.

                                So how does a Beast know they can do this?
                                *When you know the gate is there you can feel a seam, a crack something there that you're pretty sure if you can get a proper grip on you can force it open.
                                *You're literally a nightmare sharing space in the real world with your human self. All they've done is slammed a fancy door shut. Tell me, how often do doors ever hold up to the monster when it wants to get in during these stories?
                                *Beasts get a free dot in occult just due to instinctive knowledge from being a Beast the power can pretty easily be justified as something instinctive.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X