Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Beast edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Does anyone use the legendary horror merit, I've been thinking about getting it for an upcoming chronicle, but I find merits like it risky with a fear the reward ain't worth it
    I think it is cool, especially as a sort of hereditary merit.
    Also, one way to use it: a Player decides they do not like their Current beast, but still Loves their horror and wants to see it included in the chronicle further on. By buying the merit, it can serve e.g. as a pack's totem. If they want to reincorporate the horror into a Current character, obcasus Rites are your friends.
    Can make for awesome scenes.
    Use it more for NPC's, though.

Comment

• So it has pretty story potential is what I'm understanding. Would you say it's pretty useful mechanically though (but honestly I'll probably get it for the story)

Also a horror totem sounds awesome

Comment

• Has it ever been addressed if horrors have a maximum/minimum size? Its something ive always wondered, especially considering how it would effect inheritance

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
          Has it ever been addressed if horrors have a maximum/minimum size? Its something ive always wondered, especially considering how it would effect inheritance
          They do not. They are created by the primordial dream. However their "effective" size that is responsible for creating their pull of health is not infinite, they start from size 5(if I recall correctly), and can go higher by some atavisms, having points in lair trait and such.
          I believe that their seize in the dream is just visual, It does not really correspond with their health and such.

Comment

• A quick question for Collector Beasts. Can they collect abstract things? Like feelings, names, or memories? If so, how would they? Would they need some magical deals, or could they do it all by themselves? As RAW, is it possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBeard View Post
              A quick question for Collector Beasts. Can they collect abstract things? Like feelings, names, or memories? If so, how would they? Would they need some magical deals, or could they do it all by themselves? As RAW, is it possible?
              Collector's need a trophy for their hoard. So if you were collecting names you would need something to function as a trophy of the name you took.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                Collector's need a trophy for their hoard. So if you were collecting names you would need something to function as a trophy of the name you took.
                So... would like a book with them. Which would store them could be describes as such a trophy?

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBeard View Post

So... would like a book with them. Which would store them could be describes as such a trophy?
                  I think part of this is going to need explanation on the thing you're collecting. Like an obvious one would be you can't just collect names by meeting people and getting their names to write in the book, whereas a scrapbook full of contract envelopes for the unchained you've helped seal these deals* on would probably work well.

*It isn't easy and everyone thinks you're nuts for working with one of those life swapping weirdos, but hey no one else in the neighborhood has an album literally containing the deeds to human souls.

Comment

• when merging with horror, do you just use it's stats or merge like with spirit-claimed?

Also, how do beasts detect supernatural portals? like Avernian gates, hedge portals, etc.

Also, 'well stocked lair' merit. How do you divide the merit points for minions? 1 merit point gives 2 pt to spend on minions, but no instructions for strength/number distribution and how about it's ability to house lair dot's number of guests in EACH room? related question is Thralls lair trait. What are those things? a type of a horrorspawn?
                    Last edited by Warpwind; 08-16-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Merging with the Horror you just use highest of Power Finesse and Resistance attributes and then assign bonus dots equal to 2xLair.

Beasts have no inherent ability to detect portals. They have to see someone else use it (or at least get an accurate description of its location).

Well stocked Lair gives you merit points, which would translate into minions by way of the usual social merits: Staff, Retainer, etc. The way I read the merit, you can make as many rooms as you want habitable, but you can only manifest enough food and other necessities to support 3xLair people per dot. It's mostly just a question of do you cram all of your guests into one chamber or let them spread out as much as the Lair allows. It's not clear whether making a room habitable allows hostiles to traverse it safely, but given Beasts' inherent ability to apply traits with complete selective discretion inside their domain I'm guessing you can have your eternally burning desert provide a picnic for your supernat buddies and still scorch Heroes to a crisp.

Comment

Working...
                      X