Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Beast edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gallus View Post
    They can either meet then in the Dream and find out who they are there, or they can use Seek the Child to find them.
    Unfortunately the would be mentor has no access to rites.
    In fact until now i believed casual dream meeting the only way for a mentor to find the undevoured.
    The strange phrase about the "beacon effect" puzzles me.

Comment

• Just think of it as a subconscious feeling in the primordial dream, leading beast to that dormant beast ready to go off

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
        Just think of it as a subconscious feeling in the primordial dream, leading beast to that dormant beast ready to go off
        Sounds nice, but do you think that once the beast see her it s "love at first sight" or some more investigation is needed?

Comment

• If by love at first sight you mean "I'm gonna wake that boy up" then I believe so. Beast, to my understanding, want to have a dormant be what they truly are, and will instantly try to have it happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

Sounds nice, but do you think that once the beast see her it s "love at first sight" or some more investigation is needed?
            I tend to go with a mixture of "I saw that person in my dreams and want to know if that actually meant something" and "Something tells me I know him/her from a previous life but they can't recall me yet so I'll stick around until the epiphany happens" tropes.

The younger Beast is still diving into the Primordial Dream while the Horror is rising to the surface. A mentor's presence mostly facilitates the process and gives explanations that are sorely lacking in a spontaneous Devouring: he is a beacon because, being Family, it grants some guidance just by being there.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• Very good, my thoughts are more clear now.
              Thanks a lot to everyone

Comment

• Do heroes see beast as for what there horrors are? I'm just wondering due to Candy's origins seeing as as his horror form (and seemingly unaware of it)

Comment

Do heroes see beast as for what there horrors are? I'm just wondering due to Candy's origins seeing as as his horror form (and seemingly unaware of it)
                  I believe Heroes are included in the supernatural category that means that if a Beast uses an atavism in front of them then they see a sort of phantasmal image of the Horror. That said it has also been a thing in the various fictions of Heroes becoming aware of a Beast gives them a vision of some sort that usually gives them an idea of what the Horror is even if they can't identify the Beast it is part of.

Comment

• But what about the dude candy killed? It says he just saw her walk in, smile and beckoned her over like he was in human form, then get killed by her

Comment

But what about the dude candy killed? It says he just saw her walk in, smile and beckoned her over like he was in human form, then get killed by her
                      Where was this scene?

Comment

But what about the dude candy killed? It says he just saw her walk in, smile and beckoned her over like he was in human form, then get killed by her
                        An exeptional success on heroic stalking roll give heroes the ability to identify a beast on sight

Comment

• nalak42 it's page 23 for night horrors

Comment

• Run today first Beast session. We had simple question on this - How many times each Beast can use Nightmare or Atavisms each scene? Because if you not spent Satiety, theoretically, you could spam the same 'You Must Obey' on each target as long as you can, if scene is circle 1 hour of game time...

LGBT+ in CoD games
                            Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                            Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                            Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                            My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                              Run today first Beast session. We had simple question on this - How many times each Beast can use Nightmare or Atavisms each scene? Because if you not spent Satiety, theoretically, you could spam the same 'You Must Obey' on each target as long as you can, if scene is circle 1 hour of game time...
                              Well scenes are variable in length so the 1 hour of game time thing isn't really a good metric to use. As for how many times you can use an atavism or nightmare, there's not really a limit on them as written. Atavisms are technically just letting your Horror bleed out into the material world a bit ie rending claws isn't creating claws its just letting the claws out and slashing stuff with them.
                              Nightmares also lack a limit to number of uses in a scene, however, you do have to manage eye contact with the victim before you can make them deal with the check to see if it takes hold. I would also say that your ST is free to start making it more difficult to get that eye contact once its known that you need it (someone sees you lock eyes with their allies and each ally starts following orders the beast's orders after the eye contact is not necessarily a subtle thing.) Not counting other potential restrictions like just not allowing a person to continually spam the nightmare until the target fails, or as soon as the person breaks out of the nightmare, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                                Well scenes are variable in length so the 1 hour of game time thing isn't really a good metric to use.
                                Scene being up up to 1 hour time in CoD games is official rule in gamelines. Of course, scene can end before from story logic stand-point, but for use of powers '1 scene = up to 1 hour' is handy shorting, especially for Mage games. It is both in 1E and 2E Mage. Other 2E corebooks copy-paste scene complicated definition from ( 2E ) CoD Rulebook. Equation of '1 scene = up to 1 hour' is, for example, on Mage 1E, page 119, on Prolonged spells section and on Mage 2E, page 113 of it.

LGBT+ in CoD games
                                Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                                Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                                Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                                My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Working...
                                X