Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - Beast edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
    Can Beasts benefit from Family Dinner when helping other Beasts (eg Broodmates) Feed?
    I'm inclined to treat it as such, given the thrust of the "Are you a social predator?" Satiety question on page 80 of the corebook, but that same page highlights Family Dinner from other kin as an additional source of food.

Beasts can't have Family Ties with other Beasts, so there's already a reduced impact compared to accompanying "cousins" without having to outright declare a Beast whose only supernatural contacts are Begotten to be out of luck re: metaphysically simpler hunts.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• I agree with Satchel's interpretation here. Family Dinner would be pointless in a Beasts-only game otherwise.

Comment

• Do y'all recommend the primordial feast anthology?

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
          Do y'all recommend the primordial feast anthology?
          I liked it a great deal.

Comment

I do, its very good.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

• What are some of the stories? Like point of view. Does it show of lairs and such

Comment

Since I wrote for it, my answer is a very biased yes.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

It's great. Bias is a factor, but I honestly believe it's one of the best so far

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• Really Arcane? Well I have to give it a chance now, which story is yours

Comment

Really Arcane? Well I have to give it a chance now, which story is yours
                      Bigger Bites. Beasts don't need Heroes to succumb to Monomyth.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                        Bigger Bites. Beasts don't need Heroes to succumb to Monomyth.
                        A hint of what is to come I see, will be looking forward to it
                        Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 10-10-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• So reading Thousand Years of Night apparently Beasts reincarnate? How does that work I don't remember anything like that in the core.

Comment

• That's a vampire the requiem book dude

Comment

• I know, that is why I'm wondering since over there it makes it seem that Beasts can reincarnate in the crossover section and I'm wondering if that is literally a thing that Beasts do, since I haven't read anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                                So reading Thousand Years of Night apparently Beasts reincarnate? How does that work I don't remember anything like that in the core.
                                There's some implications, ideas and in-character perspectives that talk about what happens to a dead Beast and a Horror that survives her. Enough to speculate on the implications of mythic cycles and if there's a connection between all those who inherit the same Horror.

It pretty much depends on you, but the option is there. Personally, I go for "some do, some don't and other immortals who recognize your Horror might think you're an ancient Beast reborn or just hold you accountable for what your ancestors did (whether they're right or not is not a question with only an answer)"

Sorry about the rushed, "it's your call" reply, but I'm outside and writing on a stupid phone

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Working...
                                X