No announcement yet.

1001 Beast Story Hooks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96) You find a legendary Begotten with a reputation for killing Begotten that have "gone astray" waiting for you in your Lair.
    Good news, they're not here for you. They need your help in getting to their current target, the local Apex.

Comment

• 97) Fallout from some recent incident (feel free to decide what the incident was) has resulted in who the Apex is, changing on a daily basis.

Comment

• 98) You're a newly Devoured Begotten & have just been told of the terrifying, tyrannical local Apex.
        Meanwhile, the Devouring has given you a confidence boost. You're gonna strike up a conversation with your crush, get to know them better, maybe ask them out on a date?
        Wait, what's that power seeping off of your crush? Oh crap, your crush is the local Apex.
        ● I've left this vague enough so that you can decide whether the Apex is tyrant ruler or a fairly decent ruler. Whether the accusations are built off of baseless dislike of their rule, a grab for power, or something concrete.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krat05 View Post
          98) You're a newly Devoured Begotten & have just been told of the terrifying, tyrannical local Apex.
          Meanwhile, the Devouring has given you a confidence boost. You're gonna strike up a conversation with your crush, get to know them better, maybe ask them out on a date?
          Wait, what's that power seeping off of your crush? Oh crap, your crush is the local Apex.
          ● I've left this vague enough so that you can decide whether the Apex is tyrant ruler or a fairly decent ruler. Whether the accusations are built off of baseless dislike of their rule, a grab for power, or something concrete.
          For added hilarity, the Apex could be a particularly Cute, Adorable, Adorably Cute, Cutely Adorable, nigh-impossibly Sweet Cinnamon Roll of a freshly Blossomed Noble ((S)He having Blossomed around the same time the previous Apex lost the Position and accidentally took it for him/herself) with the Small-Framed and Onceborn Merits. The sheer WTF?!ing of the players would be DELICIOUS!! Especially if they wound up taking the Apex Noble into their Brood without realising his/her position in the hive. And even MORE so is the Noble was a PC and neither the character or the player knew of their postion in the first place!

Originally posted by Krat05 View Post
          96) You find a legendary Begotten with a reputation for killing Begotten that have "gone astray" waiting for you in your Lair.
          Good news, they're not here for you. They need your help in getting to their current target, the local Apex.
          Hah! The bowl-loosening effect of finding such a Sibling in their (shared(?)) Lair would be an awesome, hilarious, hilariously awesome and awesomely hilarious brown note moment for the players!
          Last edited by TerrorCooper; 05-07-2020, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• 99) The Dark Mother has declared war upon the God-Machine.

Comment

• 100) The Dark Mother has requested that you eliminate one of your "siblings".

Comment

• 101) Your here it echoing through the Primordial Dream, back & forth, back & forth. The Dark Mother is getting back together with her husband, the Primogenitor. And she wants his children & hers to get along.
                ● This doesn't have to be accurate, maybe it's some sort free-floating Nightmare risen from the dreams of a Begotten. Maybe there's another explanation. Get creative with possibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerrorCooper View Post

For added hilarity, the Apex could be a particularly Cute, Adorable, Adorably Cute, Cutely Adorable, nigh-impossibly Sweet Cinnamon Roll of a freshly Blossomed Noble ((S)He having Blossomed around the same time the previous Apex lost the Position and accidentally took it for him/herself) with the Small-Framed and Onceborn Merits. The sheer WTF?!ing of the players would be DELICIOUS!! Especially if they wound up taking the Apex Noble into their Brood without realising his/her position in the hive. And even MORE so is the Noble was a PC and neither the character or the player knew of their postion in the first place!
                  I am of two minds of this idea.
                  On the one hand, I have trouble seeing a Noble, especially a freshly Blossomed one, as the Apex.
                  On the other hand, I can totally see a Noble keeping hold of the position once they learn about it, just so they can use the authority it gives them to try & make some Begotten generally be decent people.

Comment

I am of two minds of this idea.
                    On the one hand, I have trouble seeing a Noble, especially a freshly Blossomed one, as the Apex.
                    On the other hand, I can totally see a Noble keeping hold of the position once they learn about it, just so they can use the authority it gives them to try & make some Begotten generally be decent people.
                    In response to your two minds;

1) Part of the lure would be finding/figuring out just how, exactly, the Noble actually became the Apex instead of someone else. Like, say, another Beast, a Mage, a Changeling, a Sin-Eater, one of the Arisen, or otherwise.

2) They’d also be highly dubious about whether or not to keep their position upon learning about how it is earned, since a good portion of the local populace would need to be scared of them enough for the Noble to appear in their nightmares. Ergo, the Prince(ss) would have to be feared to try doing some good... which might actually help them understand the Begotten’s side of things, at least a bit.
                    Last edited by TerrorCooper; 05-10-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Hey Kratos, please keep em in one post if you can. Friendly reminder.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                        Hey Kratos, please keep em in one post if you can. Friendly reminder.
                        Do you mean keep each plot hook in its own post, or put all the plot hooks I'm currently posting in one post simultaneously?

Comment

Do you mean keep each plot hook in its own post, or put all the plot hooks I'm currently posting in one post simultaneously?
                          Try to collect your entries into one big post.

1:]
                          2:]
                          3:]

And so on.

It's not a huge deal but a preference.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Try to collect your entries into one big post.

1:]
                            2:]
                            3:]

And so on.

It's not a huge deal but a preference.
                            Thank you for the clarification. I will try to keep to it in the future.

Comment

• 102) Any Heroes in the area have started getting attacked by people from a group called the Reckoning.
                              That in itself would be fine, the average Hero is something of a shithead in your opinion, but these people don't draw any lines between "good" Heroes & "bad" Heroes.
                              Your sister is a good Hero, you have a very positive relationship with her that only grew stronger upon the two of you leaving humanity behind. Your sister just became the Reckoning's newest target.
                              ● Uses the Reckoning.

Comment

Working...
                              X