X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hm8453a
    replied
    Originally posted by ObrimosMaintenance View Post
    The Addison character was the reference pic? There were some... Artistic Liberties taken.

Oh yes.

It's since been fixed. I don't know when it's going out to backers.

Leave a comment:

• ObrimosMaintenance
    replied
    The Addison character was the reference pic? There were some... Artistic Liberties taken.

Leave a comment:

• hm8453a
    replied
    If you're curious:

https://the-freshman-class.obsidianportal.com/

Leave a comment:

• hm8453a
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

And shit like this is exactly why I'm obsessed with using DC and Ottawa as settings for Chronicles. There's enough cannon fodder with just mortals to launch an army, nevermind when you toss supernaturals into the mix.
    The first campaign I ever ran was a mage game set in DC. The players were set to an investigation of a slasher who evoked vampirism in his murders. And then they actually had to recover a Changeling from the Cheiron Group. The same Changeling Annika is based on, but she was eight in the game (side note, if you go to her character sheet at the link below, you can see the photo-reference I sent Matt). The Cheiron Group had drafted a pediatric endocrinologist (who was the biological father of another mage, a twenty-two year old woman named Meadowlark who was in a relationship with one of the Councilors) to study if there was anyway for them to mimic her thermal adaption in medical care.

That was a nice game.
    Last edited by hm8453a; 09-20-2016, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by hm8453a View Post

I'm sure I could come up with some, but I think the group is pretty well-rounded. Instead, why don't I tell y'all the story of how and why I made Malik a tracker? Let's go.

True story, when I was younger, I worked for political campaigns. In 2012, I was one of the (if not the) youngest senior campaign staff members for a major campaign, and my candidate won her seat in the House of Representatives. Side note, I actually hate her now. ANYWHO. I went to undergrad with another woman who worked on campaigns. No names will be given, and the state will also not be given. But my friend was nineteen or twenty years old at the time, and she worked on a campaign for a woman who (another side note) became really famous nation-wide in 2013. So, my friend was a tracker for this politician. And one night, my friend was at an event for the opponent, pretending to be a young member of his party, and a supporter. Fake FB page and everything. At this event, another politician, not the opponent, just someone else at the event, came up to her and said, "it's a good thing I don't have a pretty young thing like you in my office, or I'd get into trouble." And my friend had all of this recorded, because she was at the event as a tracker. So the campaign got that tape, and I actually don't know what if anything happened, but yeah, ANYWAY, I really, really wanted to make a tracker character, as a sort of homage to my friend, and that's where that came from. The end.
    And shit like this is exactly why I'm obsessed with using DC and Ottawa as settings for Chronicles. There's enough cannon fodder with just mortals to launch an army, nevermind when you toss supernaturals into the mix.

Leave a comment:

• hm8453a
    replied
    Originally posted by ObrimosMaintenance View Post
    If you could add one additional Ready Made PC to the current brood, do you feel like a particular "niche" is empty? Obviously, broad representation of the families and hungers are present, but do you have any ideas for if we had say... a larger group?
    I'm sure I could come up with some, but I think the group is pretty well-rounded. Instead, why don't I tell y'all the story of how and why I made Malik a tracker? Let's go.

True story, when I was younger, I worked for political campaigns. In 2012, I was one of the (if not the) youngest senior campaign staff members for a major campaign, and my candidate won her seat in the House of Representatives. Side note, I actually hate her now. ANYWHO. I went to undergrad with another woman who worked on campaigns. No names will be given, and the state will also not be given. But my friend was nineteen or twenty years old at the time, and she worked on a campaign for a woman who (another side note) became really famous nation-wide in 2013. So, my friend was a tracker for this politician. And one night, my friend was at an event for the opponent, pretending to be a young member of his party, and a supporter. Fake FB page and everything. At this event, another politician, not the opponent, just someone else at the event, came up to her and said, "it's a good thing I don't have a pretty young thing like you in my office, or I'd get into trouble." And my friend had all of this recorded, because she was at the event as a tracker. So the campaign got that tape, and I actually don't know what if anything happened, but yeah, ANYWAY, I really, really wanted to make a tracker character, as a sort of homage to my friend, and that's where that came from. The end.

Leave a comment:

• ObrimosMaintenance
    replied
    If you could add one additional Ready Made PC to the current brood, do you feel like a particular "niche" is empty? Obviously, broad representation of the families and hungers are present, but do you have any ideas for if we had say... a larger group?

Leave a comment:

• Daigotsu Max
    replied

Thank you! So glad you're happy. I know you were looking forward to this.

It fits perfectly in the setting, and provides further good examples of what Beast and Horrors can be. Very happy with it.

Now to start pestering Matt for the Player's Guide

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied

I actually don't think I can say that yet *OoohoooOOOhhh secrets* no but it's something Matt gave me to test out.
    Hpqapy to know there's still beast stuff being playtested

Leave a comment:

• hm8453a
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    Damn that sounds cool. What's their hunger?
    I actually don't think I can say that yet *OoohoooOOOhhh secrets* no but it's something Matt gave me to test out.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied

That second one.

However, I'm currently running a game with a young child Storyteller character who's a Beast. An eleven year old.
    Damn that sounds cool. What's their hunger?

Leave a comment:

• hm8453a
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post
    Did you have ideas for other characters who weren't Changelings, or did you get the job after the poll was finished?
    That second one.

However, I'm currently running a game with a young child Storyteller character who's a Beast. An eleven year old.

Leave a comment:

• BigDamnHero
    replied
    Did you have ideas for other characters who weren't Changelings, or did you get the job after the poll was finished?

Leave a comment:

• aslan751
    replied

Matt told me to use the Beast conversion rules for a character whose line wasn't 2E yet. I'm glad you like her! And when Changeling 2E comes out, I'll probably convert her myself, so I can post that when I do, unless y'all would prefer to do it yourselves.
    I kinda figured that's what happened. I will most likely do a rough conversion with what we have now so I can run a Beast demo, but definitely look forward to a more "official" version.

Leave a comment:

• hm8453a
    replied
    Originally posted by aslan751 View Post
    Personally I loved the Changeling's backstory and character details. I especially love how she (and all of the characters) fits into the brood so nicely. My only complaint would be that I wish she was done in 2nd ed rules, but that shouldn't really be too difficult to convert.

I do have one question and I don't know if this should be errata, but I saw the family ties listed on Annika, but I didn't see it listed anywhere else. Shouldn't it at least be on Maia?
    Matt told me to use the Beast conversion rules for a character whose line wasn't 2E yet. I'm glad you like her! And when Changeling 2E comes out, I'll probably convert her myself, so I can post that when I do, unless y'all would prefer to do it yourselves.

And it should 100% be Maia, I included that in my drafts. Matt, is that something else we should add to the errata page?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X