Ask the Writer--Beast Ready-Made PCs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

And shit like this is exactly why I'm obsessed with using DC and Ottawa as settings for Chronicles. There's enough cannon fodder with just mortals to launch an army, nevermind when you toss supernaturals into the mix.
    The first campaign I ever ran was a mage game set in DC. The players were set to an investigation of a slasher who evoked vampirism in his murders. And then they actually had to recover a Changeling from the Cheiron Group. The same Changeling Annika is based on, but she was eight in the game (side note, if you go to her character sheet at the link below, you can see the photo-reference I sent Matt). The Cheiron Group had drafted a pediatric endocrinologist (who was the biological father of another mage, a twenty-two year old woman named Meadowlark who was in a relationship with one of the Councilors) to study if there was anyway for them to mimic her thermal adaption in medical care.

That was a nice game.
    Last edited by hm8453a; 09-20-2016, 10:56 AM.

Hayley Margules, historian and former OPP writer
    Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

If you're curious:

https://the-freshman-class.obsidianportal.com/

Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

The Addison character was the reference pic? There were some... Artistic Liberties taken.

International Relations Scholar, Salesman, and GM. Guess which one of those is my favorite?

Comment

Originally posted by ObrimosMaintenance View Post
          The Addison character was the reference pic? There were some... Artistic Liberties taken.

Oh yes.

It's since been fixed. I don't know when it's going out to backers.

Comment

Originally posted by hm8453a View Post

The first campaign I ever ran was a mage game set in DC. The players were set to an investigation of a slasher who evoked vampirism in his murders. And then they actually had to recover a Changeling from the Cheiron Group. The same Changeling Annika is based on, but she was eight in the game (side note, if you go to her character sheet at the link below, you can see the photo-reference I sent Matt). The Cheiron Group had drafted a pediatric endocrinologist (who was the biological father of another mage, a twenty-two year old woman named Meadowlark who was in a relationship with one of the Councilors) to study if there was anyway for them to mimic her thermal adaption in medical care.
            That sounds fantastic.

Comment

Thank you! I'd like to run it again now that I have more experience, actually.

Comment

Well if you decide to do that in an online format, I would love to get in on that.

Comment

Originally posted by aslan751 View Post
                  Well if you decide to do that in an online format, I would love to get in on that.
                  OMG, Me too!

CofD booklists:
                  Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Aww, thanks, all! I'll keep it in mind =).

Comment

Count me in as well, if it's being done! I have ideas for characters I would like to explore Washington DC with.

International Relations Scholar, Salesman, and GM. Guess which one of those is my favorite?

Comment

RMC have been updated with more appropriate art for the Changeling character, and Lair traits for the Beasts. Happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
                          RMC have been updated with more appropriate art for the Changeling character, and Lair traits for the Beasts. Happy days!
                          I didn't want to say anything until it was all done, but yeah, the new art was completed within a day.. Everyone takes this kind of thing very seriously.

Comment

Ah, much better art!

CofD booklists:
                            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by hm8453a View Post

I didn't want to say anything until it was all done, but yeah, the new art was completed within a day.. Everyone takes this kind of thing very seriously.

It needed to be fixed, and it was. Great job on everyone's part really.

Me, I'm mostly delighted we get the Lair traits as well. Particularly as the ones for the Anakim are so close to the one in my game as well

Comment

Working...
                              X