True Fae characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Sorry about this post. Did some sleep-posting yesterday. And I guess a certain someone decided to drop in
    No problem

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post

Very Cool! Were did you get inspiration for this True Fae?

Been thinking about it for a day or two. Wasn't sure if I should post it, because it sounds like everybody else was taking real world examples of mythology.

I wrote that one up on my own. Though for inspiration, I'd have to say something of a combination between Hellraiser and the Wall of the Faithless.

Comment

The Tarasque is a legendary dragon from Provence, in southern France, that was tamed by Saint Martha of the New Testament. The dragon's story is very similar to that of King Kong's and the Beast's from Beauty and the Beast.

According to the Golden Legend, a collection of the biographies of the saints and eccelesiastical leaders, the Tarasque terrorized the area Nerluc, causing massive devastation. The creaure was also believed to have been born to the Onachus, a bison-like beast who burnt anything it touched, and the Leviathan, a supposedly serpetine-like creature discussed in biblical texts. Its place of birth is believed to be Galatia.
        The king of Nerluc attempted to kill the beast by sending in his knights and catapults, but they both failed to defeat the beast. It is then that Saint Martha tamed the creature by using hymns and prayers. She then returned the tamed creature to Nerluc. The Tarasque was immediately killed by the fearful residents of the town despite the fact that the creature didn't try to defend itself.
        After the creature's death, Martha converted many of the townspeople to Christianity. The people of Nerluc felt very remorseful for killing the Tarasque, and renamed the town Tarascon as a tribute to it.

Comment

It is said that the elusive unicorn can only be captured by the efforts of a virgin, all other attempts to restrain them will result in failure. So it is that the White King roams freely through his realm, evading the relentless pursuit, and mischievous tricks of his rivals who would seek to steal his power for themselves. His coat is the purest white, exhibiting not a single flaw or blemish anywhere on his person, while his golden mane and tail shine like sunlight. His hooves and horn are the color of silver, yet strong as diamonds, and his eyes are like blue sapphires that glimmer in their sockets. He cleanses anything he comes into contact with, purging diseases and toxins with a simple touch and restoring the youth and vitality to the wild lands he calls home. But while he freely roams the land with the wind sweeping through his main and hooves galloping upon the grass, he remains ever weary of the one thing that can issue his downfall. And in the logic of the True Fae, he has decided that the best way to eliminate the threat to his freedom is simply to ensure there are no virgins within his vicinity. And like any True Fae, he is not particularly concerned whether or not the virgins are compliant with his decision.

The White King has issued a decree to his subjects that no virgin is to be allowed within 100 yards of his location, and has given them autonomy to dispose of them as they see fit. In response to this, those who loyally serve him are contractually obligated to target virgins on sight and strip them of their power to harm their lord. The more intelligent servants go about this diplomatically, using charms and seduction to trick their targets into relinquishing their power voluntarily. The less intelligent ones are more brutish in their approach, and quickly draw the fury of the more offensively minded Courts around the Freehold. Sometimes, the White King considers one of these ex-virgins to be enticing or valuable enough to join his subjects. When this happens, he has them dragged through the Hedge to become a new addition to his wild paradise!

Comment

In Folklore, fairies were broken into former pagan gods, demons, fallen angels, as well as ghosts and cursed humans. To me, it made sense that True Fae would be gods or even high court demons.
            That's actually what I choose to go with, too. I don't like the idea of the God Machine, or techno-demons, so I just chuck that mythos out of the game entirely. If I need a god / angel / demon / cosmic power, there's more than enough True Fae, Spirits and Ephemeral Beings capable of fulfilling those roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

That's actually what I choose to go with, too. I don't like the idea of the God Machine, or techno-demons, so I just chuck that mythos out of the game entirely. If I need a god / angel / demon / cosmic power, there's more than enough True Fae, Spirits and Ephemeral Beings capable of fulfilling those roles.
              I agree completely to me CoD is about telling your own stories with some basic lore to keep things grounded, I hate having this underlying backstory, Part of the fun of games like this is keeping some things a mystery. I don't want to be TOLD how things are connected or who's in charge I want to make it up myself.

I like making my own True Fae too there's nothing wrong with taking from mythology since Changling relies heavily on old fairy tales but sometimes its fun to do more than just grab a demon of wikipedia (not that that isn't a valid way to create a Fae since its still up to you to figure out to work them into the games rules).

Here's an idea I've been tossing around and just now am fleshing out.
              The King of Thorns, The Queen of Roses, Warmonger

There is one corner of Aracdia that is always torn by war. There are two massive kingdoms lead by two Fae, the Kingdom of Thorns and the Kingdom of Roses. They are both ruled by Warmonger, a Fae that has two bodies that of the King of Thorns, and that of the Queen of Roses. Their changelings are forced to take part in the endless war that the Fae rages against itself. The land that Warmonger inhabits consists of the two capital cities, the castles inside them, and a massive battlefield between them that is always caked in the blood changeling and hobgoblin alike.

The shear size of the war that Warmonger wages means that almost any kith can emerge from its thralls. An Oger may result from one of his warriors while Beats may result from the beats of burden and war dogs that inhabit the battlefield. Darklings may come from the iron mines and forges that create the steel its soliders wield while the living bodies that fuel the forges may become Elementals, Wizzend may result from the couriers that must travel across the battlefields to deliver offers of ceasefire that and inevtiably shunned (and often result in the changeling becoming a prisoner of the "opposing" monarch).

I'm going to work more on this now thanks a lot I was planning on doing something useful this weekend lol

Comment

Here's one that I used over on the Play by Post section a while back.

The Collector: it is not uncommon for hobbyists to display eccentric personalities and interests over the course of their hobby, even less so for those of the True Fey. The one known simply as The Collector is fascinated with human mythology and collects symbols and creatures derived from such legends. Of late, he has turned his attention towards astrology and the idea of horoscope birth signs. He's already collected the Greek Zodiac, and now turns his attention on that of the Chinese. When he visits the mortal world, he does so in the form of an elderly shop keeper who sells knickknacks and curios to other hobbyists like himself. But he always has a specialty item for sale; a golden figurine of whatever he is trying to add to his collection. These figurines are cursed with a pledge bound contract. The first mortals who purchase these figurines have agreed to travel to Arcadia and become part of the collection. In other words,the first customer to purchase a figurine of Scorpio would find themselves transported to Arcadia and taking on the form of a giant scorpion!

Fortunately, there is a catch, as the contract does not explicitly state the customer is obligated to remain as part of the collection indefinitely. They're free to leave any time they want, so long as they manage to find a way to do so. Like most collectors, however, they value their possessions to the point of mania, and their Keeper's realm is loaded out the ass with security measures designed to keep them locked up on display. Only one piece of the collection is ever allowed to freely roam The Collector's realm at a time; and that's the star piece of the show. Members of the western Zodiac got to run around freely for about a month or so before they were locked up and another was freed from the shelf. But when it comes to the Chinese Zodiac, they get an entire year's worth of freedom! A whole year to search for a way out of this nightmare and return to freedom. If they fail, they're locked back in their display cases for 11 years until it's once again their turn to be let out. But that's assuming that The Collector isn't already focused on building another collection to replace them as his favored trophies...
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 03-19-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                  Here's one that I used over on the Play by Post section a while back.

The Collector: it is not uncommon for hobbyists to display eccentric personalities and interests over the course of their hobby, even less so for those of the True Fey. The one known simply as The Collector is fascinated with human mythology and collects symbols and creatures derived from such legends. Of late, he has turned his attention towards astrology and the idea of horoscope birth signs. He's already collected the Greek Zodiac, and now turns his attention on that of the Chinese. When he visits the mortal world, he does so in the form of an elderly shop keeper who sells knickknacks and curios to other hobbyists like himself. But he always has a specialty item for sale; a golden figurine of whatever he is trying to add to his collection. These figurines are cursed with a pledge bound contract. The first mortals who purchase these figurines have agreed to travel to Arcadia and become part of the collection. In other words,the first customer to purchase a figurine of Scorpio would find themselves transported to Arcadia and taking on the form of a giant scorpion!

Fortunately, there is a catch, as the contract does not explicitly state the customer is obligated to remain as part of the collection indefinitely. They're free to leave any time they want, so long as they manage to find a way to do so. Like most collectors, however, they value their possessions to the point of mania, and their Keeper's realm is loaded out the ass with security measures designed to keep them locked up on display. Only one piece of the collection is ever allowed to freely roam The Collector's realm at a time; and that's the star piece of the show. Members of the western Zodiac got to run around freely for about a month or so before they were locked up and another was freed from the shelf. But when it comes to the Chinese Zodiac, they get an entire year's worth of freedom! A whole year to search for a way out of this nightmare and return to freedom. If they fail, they're locked back in their display cases for 11 years until it's once again their turn to be let out. But that's assuming that The Collector isn't already focused on building another collection to replace them as his favored trophies...
                  I think your ideas for True Fae are rather interesting. Do you have any ideas for wyrd 10 changelings?

Comment

I think your ideas for True Fae are rather interesting. Do you have any ideas for wyrd 10 changelings?

Not at this time, unfortunately. Waiting on Changeling 2nd edition to come out. Then it's going to be the next book I get for CoD.
                    Last edited by Nyrufa; 03-19-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X