No announcement yet.

Any chance of goblin contract spoilers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of goblin contract spoilers?

So, unless Im mistaken, goblin contracts are the main 'customizable' power for Changelings, and Ive been incredibly cirious about how they might look. So far the playtest material just teases at them. Any chance of a mechanical spoiler before release?

(And to note, I fully appreciate how open the development has been so far and do understand if you want to keep it under wraps but figured it cant hurt to ask!)

My CofD Homebrew

I second this. There are a lot of ideas I have for individual Goblin Contracts, but I'd like to know how they're distinct from regular Contracts in 2E before I put them into writing.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Last time I checked up, Goblin Contracts were supposed to be between the changeling and a powerful Hob, who would grant the Lost his magic in exchange of some part of the later´s body (blood, bone, etc...). The question is, why bother begging for power to a goblin when you can make contracts with aspects of the Wyrd itself (Goblin Vows)?

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
        Last time I checked up, Goblin Contracts were supposed to be between the changeling and a powerful Hob, who would grant the Lost his magic in exchange of some part of the later´s body (blood, bone, etc...). The question is, why bother begging for power to a goblin when you can make contracts with aspects of the Wyrd itself (Goblin Vows)?
        Something tells me it has something to do with difference in power level. That, or at least dealing with a hob allows for more negotiation on the terms of the Contract.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I figure a Goblin Contract is a permanent power you get access to in exchange for a permanent part of yourself, whereas goblin vows are temporary bonuses.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
            I figure a Goblin Contract is a permanent power you get access to in exchange for a permanent part of yourself, whereas goblin vows are temporary bonuses.
            That is an interesting idea.

Comment

Working...
            X