No announcement yet.

Help me with 2e Courts of Venice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Drive 2 makes sense as a prerequisite for the Entitlement. And seeing as Entitlements tend to be globally organized, I wonder if the Gondolieri are active outside of Venice?

Meanwhile, those Approaches are very apt for the Innamorati and Zanni. The former's allows for a lot of variation in character concepts, while the latter allows for situations which involve Huntsmen sabotaging their schemes and having theirs be foiled in return. At that, I think Mantles are next to cover for them and the Vecchi.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Mantle [Corte di Innamorati]

(o) -- The heart wants what the heart wants, even that which is poison. The Innamorati knows this well, and gains the Pusher Merit.

(oo) -- The Innamorati gains a dot in Goblin Vow (Love).

(ooo) -- The Innamorati appears to be an understanding figure in the eyes of others. They gain the Sympathetic Merit.

(oooo) -- The Innamorati gains a Personal Approach related to their role in the Court.

(ooooo) -- In fighting for what they hold dear, the Innamorati seldom yields to adversity. They gain +1 Willpower.

Mantle [Corte di Zanni]

(o) -- The Zanni is a master of confusion, and seldom goes astray from trickery. All attempts to manipulate them through lies and deceit suffer a -1 penalty.

(oo) -- The Zanni gains a dot in Goblin Vow (Confusion).

(ooo) -- For all their faults and mischief, the Zanni always gets the job done. They gain the Fixer Merit.

(oooo) -- The Zanni gains a Personal Approach related to their role in the Court.

(ooooo) -- The Zanni confounds their foes even when faced with impossible odds. They can never be reduced to a chance die in any roll.

Mantle [Corte di Vecchi]

(o) -- The Vecchi finds pride in excelling at a given pursuit. They gain the Area of Expertise Merit for a Specialty of their choice.

(oo) -- The Vecchi gains a dot in Goblin Vow (Pride).

(ooo) -- The Vecchi is a figure whose pride is built on talent and success. They gain a +2 bonus on any rolls made to demonstrate their profficiency in a given field.

(oooo) -- The Vecchi gains a Personal Approach related to their role in the Court.

(ooooo) -- The Vecchi commands respect. They may not be liked, but their presence pushes those around them to excel. They gain the Inspiring Merit.
      Last edited by Deionscribe; 11-17-2016, 10:07 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Looking good! It's kind of interesting to work off of something that's derives from slapstick into something with more nuance. The Innamorati aren't just a bunch of lovesick Romeos, they're the artists, the idealogues, the thinkers that devote themselves out of a passion for what they care about. The Vecchi tend to be characterized as the grumpy old men that serve as the antagonists, but they also act as the realists of the freehold, tempering the Innamorati and ensuring that everything they built up remains standing. Finally the Zanni are easy to see as a bunch of clowns, but they're the ones that do the work, and help compromise between the other two, if in an often non-traditional fashion, kind of functioning as the Ego between the Innamorati's Id and the Vecchi's Superego.

I think it is important to point out that the Zanni aren't always helping the Innamorati. There might be a stereotype that they're thick as thieves while they constantly plot the humiliation of the Vecchi, but in the actually Commedia there's plenty of Zanni that are more loyal to the Vecchi. Also in contrast to the simple comedies of the plays the Vecchi aren't always in the wrong, they just tend to hold a more conservative viewpoint to things, which is important to consider in Changeling society. If the freehold went along with every naive fantasy the Innamorati came up with every week, the freehold wouldn't last through Carnival.

As for the Gondolieri beyond Venice, I imagine that the court of water might have spread to other places before its bulwark in Venice shattered, particularly among Venice's Mediterranean colonies and trade posts. The Gondolieri themselves strike me as more personal for Venice, but it could be that they've arisen in different forms in other places where the Court of Water touched but never quite gained a solid foothold in the freeholds they reached. I could easily see branches throughout the Mediterranean Sea and beyond that devote themselves to upholding pledges with the local coastlines and serving as guides for the treacherous hedge of the seas.

Comment

Additional section for the Gondolieri. Also, how would changelings join their ranks?

-=-

Background: The Entitlement has long called out to those Lost who feel connected to the sea. In Venice, such individuals often hail from among the Innamorati, as well as from the Houses of Autumn and Winter. The waters around the city bring life and inspiration, yes, but there are many dangers and secrets buried in their depths.

Changelings of aquatic kiths are common in the order, as are those who have cultivated their power over water through Contracts and pledges. Both groups demonstrate great zeal in defending the lagoon and canals.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

My first attempt at a Court Contract.

-=-

Dream of Delirium (o to ooooo)
            Cost: 1 Glamour
            Dice Pool: Manipulation + Subterfuge + Wyrd
            Action: Instant
            Just as perceptions blur amidst the revelry of Carnival, changelings of the Court of Ecstasy learn to fade behind the mask of the masses.

Dramatic Failure: Instead of fading away into anonymity, the changeling becomes easier to track down. All rolls made to find him gain a +3 dice bonus.

Failure: The Contract fails to manifest.

Success: The changeling gains dots in the Anonymity Merit equal to his dots in the Contract for the scene.

Exceptional Success: As success, but the illusion now lasts up to 24 hours.

"My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Rumors of the Gondolieri:

* Some Gondolieri wish to rebuild the Court of Water. They fear what will happen should the Doge's power fail, and they work to weave the protection of their pledges over the city once that comes to pass. These changelings keep to the edges of the freehold, paying only lip service to the Doge's reign.

* The order did not survive the past conflicts on its own. Some of the ceremonies they perform involve currying Faerie Favors from the Others, and they have called them in whenever disaster struck the city to preserve themselves.

* It is said that the Gondolieri are protected by a great beast whose power matches that of a Fae Lord. The identity and nature of this monster is kept secret, but its existence is backed by the few sightings of it driving the Leviathan from the lagoon. Whatever it is, it is at least long-lived if it persists in modern nights.

"My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Wow crazy I only just found this thread. Glad you guys liked my work on the Venice setting.

www.darker-days.org - The Premier World of Darkness Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Ether View Post
                  Wow crazy I only just found this thread. Glad you guys liked my work on the Venice setting.
                  Looking forward to resuming this once Changeling 2E is out.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Just glad you guys like it. I would love to update the stats etc for 2e. I think the setting is sound, and I want to finish the other splats for it, with some brief words on them.

www.darker-days.org - The Premier World of Darkness Podcast

Comment

Anyone have a copy of the original Venice pdf handy? Dropbox says it's gone.

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by False Epiphany View Post
                        Anyone have a copy of the original Venice pdf handy? Dropbox says it's gone.
                        Just PM me your address, if you like. I got a copy.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                        Age of Azar
                        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

The original is also here.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Working...
                          X