Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on how to make this antagonist idea work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on how to make this antagonist idea work.

Awhile ago i came up with the idea of an evil charity that gathers victims for the True Fae. They were founded by an English Gentleman during the Victorian Age to help the homeless. This charity, who claims to help over 1,000 homeless people a year, has a dark secret. The charity was founded by the gentleman for the sole purpose of fulfilling his end of a contract he signed with a True Fae. This contract stated that if he and his charity met a certain quota of victims each year he, and the future owners of the charity, would be provided with a rare strain of goblin fruit that increases one's lifespan. This contract later included the charity's board of directors, half of whom are supposed to be over 100 years old. But, if the charity's side of the contract is not fulfilled, they will not get the fruit and will age to their normal ages, and probably crumble into dust.

How do you think i can make this work?
    Last edited by Killerclown; 11-23-2016, 02:31 AM.

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
    Awhile ago i came up with the idea of an evil charity that gathers victims and sells them to the True Fae. They were founded by an English Gentleman during the Victorian Age to help the homeless. This charity, who claims to help over 1,000 homeless people a year, has a dark secret. The charity was founded by the gentleman for the sole purpose of fulfilling his end of a contract he signed with a True Fae. This contract stated that if he and his charity met a certain quota of victims each year he, and the future owners of the charity, would be provided with a rare strain of goblin fruit that increases one's lifespan. This contract later included the charity's board of directors, half of whom are supposed to be over 100 years old. But, if the charity's side of the contract is not fulfilled, they will not get the fruit and will age to their normal ages, and probably crumble into dust.

How do you think i can make this work?
    Basically just as you said it. I think technically they'd be called privateers, providing they're changelings.

I think you would get rid of the 'sells them to the True Fae' part, as they are already being paid in limited immortality. Bargaining for more with a being who can just say 'no' seems a little much.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

Basically just as you said it. I think technically they'd be called privateers, providing they're changelings.

I think you would get rid of the 'sells them to the True Fae' part, as they are already being paid in limited immortality. Bargaining for more with a being who can just say 'no' seems a little much.
      I should edit that part out. Also, they are completley human. I should also detail why the fae made the contract and why the gentleman and later the board signed it. Also, do you think the threat of crumbling to dust is good incentive to keep the contract?
      Last edited by Killerclown; 11-23-2016, 02:34 AM.

Comment

I should edit that part out. Also, they are completley human. I should also detail why the fae made the contract and why the gentleman and later the board signed it. Also, do you think the threat of crumbling to dust is good incentive to keep the contract?
        Yes, very good incentive.

Comment

Yes, very good incentive.
          Also, when the inevitable changeling escaped from this Fae, they will probably need a way to defend themselves.

Comment

Also, when the inevitable changeling escaped from this Fae, they will probably need a way to defend themselves.
            Yes, changelings from that Fae have a personal grudge against the people that betrayed them in the first place. Though most changelings probably wouldn't like the group for doing that.

Comment

Yes, changelings from that Fae have a personal grudge against the people that betrayed them in the first place. Though most changelings probably wouldn't like the group for doing that.
              How do you think the charity should defend itself from angry Changelings? Also, I was thinking that one part of the contract actually states that catching a runaway changeling is worth twice the amount a normal human is. Because of this, the board hired a privateer to train a group of employees to be, what the privateer calls them, " The Boys of the Hunt". If you want a mental picture of what happens to half the board if they don't fulfill the contract, just picture what happened to the villain in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
              Last edited by Killerclown; 11-23-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Here's a question: What did the Gentlemen founder (and by extension the modern Board do) believe the True Fae to be? What do they think they're talking to when they talk to this being who trades people for life-extending consumables?

My guess would probably be demon. The founder believes he contacted a devil of some kind, which would make the contract totally logical from his perspective. The True Fae could take the form of a stereotypical devil (goatee and mustache, well-tailored red suit, incredible charm, long nails, etc.), either to better sell the effect or just out of personal preference. It might seem silly nowadays, but like hell the True Fae is going to change his style just because a mere century has passed in the human realm. It would also give the board an opportunity to barter bigger catches (like Changelings) for Tokens of particular use, since they think they're just making additional deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
                  Here's a question: What did the Gentlemen founder (and by extension the modern Board do) believe the True Fae to be? What do they think they're talking to when they talk to this being who trades people for life-extending consumables?

My guess would probably be demon. The founder believes he contacted a devil of some kind, which would make the contract totally logical from his perspective. The True Fae could take the form of a stereotypical devil (goatee and mustache, well-tailored red suit, incredible charm, long nails, etc.), either to better sell the effect or just out of personal preference. It might seem silly nowadays, but like hell the True Fae is going to change his style just because a mere century has passed in the human realm. It would also give the board an opportunity to barter bigger catches (like Changelings) for Tokens of particular use, since they think they're just making additional deals.
                  I actually like your idea of the Fae's appearance and the Gentleman probably did such a thing. Note, the gentleman was not a occultist, he was a major in the British army who just figured out he was dying due to tubercolosis. So, in his desire to live, he started to look for a way to cure himself eventually meeting this fae who offered him the fruit that both cured his disease and expanded his lifespan.In exchange, he had to provide him with victims to take to his own realm.

Comment

Working...
                  X