Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Changelings and Mages feel about each other?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Arcadia and the Hedge is the Upper Depths.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      I find it curious that you say that the Hedge doesn't have the immediate use of the Underworld, Astral, or, Shadow.

I curious as to what impedes Mages from using the Hedge the way they do The Shadow, The Underworld, and the Astral?
      No spell that opens to Arcadia.

Perhaps that inhabitants of the Hedge don't use essence? Or it's harder to exit the Hedge for Mages? Or is the Hedge simple more dangerous to Mages then the others? Or a mix of all three reasons?
      They tend to use Glamour, they're not ephemera. And, at least in first edition, you couldn't use magic to escape the Hedge. It was as dangerous in the Hedge as it was to everyone, as everyone could find themselves overwhelmed and absorbed.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

No spell that opens to Arcadia.

They tend to use Glamour, they're not ephemera. And, at least in first edition, you couldn't use magic to escape the Hedge. It was as dangerous in the Hedge as it was to everyone, as everyone could find themselves overwhelmed and absorbed.
        Damn I never thought of the fact say the Fate Arcana can't simple open a portal or teleport a Mage to Arcadia, and even the Hedge can just be access with a spell, although not as hostile to Mages or hard to access as Arcadia.

Comment

Fate could probably be used to open an existing door to the Hedge, since those can be opened by the right circumstances to begin with.

I'm unsure about teleportation, I don't know the rules about it at all but maybe if you had a previous connection to someplace in the Hedge and it still existed you could teleport to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            Fate could probably be used to open an existing door to the Hedge, since those can be opened by the right circumstances to begin with.

I'm unsure about teleportation, I don't know the rules about it at all but maybe if you had a previous connection to someplace in the Hedge and it still existed you could teleport to it.
            Maybe, but you still can't do that with Arcadia.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

I find it curious that you say that the Hedge doesn't have the immediate use of the Underworld, Astral, or, Shadow.

I curious as to what impedes Mages from using the Hedge the way they do The Shadow, The Underworld, and the Astral?

Perhaps that inhabitants of the Hedge don't use essence? Or it's harder to exit the Hedge for Mages? Or is the Hedge simple more dangerous to Mages then the others? Or a mix of all three reasons?
              Well, Mage magic explicitly comes from the soul, and the Brambles tear up the soul pretty bad. On top of that, unless I'm mistaken, the Hedge can't be left without a proper exit (in essence, by entering the Hedge, you made an agreement with it to leave properly), so magic can't get you out like it might from other realms. On top of that, things like space, time, and matter get really wonky there, so that's three very useful Arcana borked to high heaven. Then, you're in the fringes of home turf for what's functionally gods of Fate, so playing with Fate magic is pretty dangerous, too. Spirit is of extremely limited use, there, since there's no Twilight and spirits that get stuck there often end up becoming Hobgoblins instead. That's about half the Arcana made weaker, more difficult or more dangerous.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
              "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
              "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

Now I kinda want to write a Mind/Fate legacy called the Hedgewalkers.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Working...
                X