No announcement yet.

How to trick/exploit a True Fae/Gentry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to trick/exploit a True Fae/Gentry?

I recently watched a old Russian Fairy tale film called "Jack Frost" via MST3K and there's one scene where Baba Yaga is about to roast one of the protagonists and the he says "wait wait I don't know how to properly sit on a griddle" and then Baba Yaga stops and tells him how to sit on it and then he uses this to his advantage and throws her into the oven closes it up while throwing her tree hench men out of the door before letting her out.

Which this got me thinking....perhaps is there a way to use a True Fae's alien mindset to your advantage and somehow exploit it like it's main weakness? Which almost like a Fairy Tale manner like using your wits to outsmart the True Fae sort of?
    Last edited by Veindark; 12-02-2016, 03:54 AM.

I believe that's how most changelings escaped from the Fair Folk in the first place - especially the Grimms, who have an affinity with fairy tales in general.

Approaches are also somewhat similar to this. The changeling imposes certain rules that the Gentry must abide by to have a shot at recapturing them - like a spirit's ban. But instead of being tailored to the entity itself like bans are, it's tailored to individual changelings..... and for some reason the Stranger must obey every single instance of it, and while changelings have no idea why they must do so, they're exploiting the hell out of that. Oh, and in building up their Approaches and looking out for signs of them being challenged, changelings themselves ending up acting a lot like the fairies in old legends.

Of course, the True Fae loving to stack the decks against them, they send Huntsmen instead of coming to town themselves.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by Veindark View Post
      I recently watched a old Russian Fairy tale film called "Jack Frost" via MST3K and there's one scene where Baba Yaga is about to roast one of the protagonists and the he says "wait wait I don't know how to properly sit on a griddle" and then Baba Yaga stops and tells him how to sit on it and then he uses this to his advantage and throws her into the oven closes it up while throwing her tree hench men out of the door before letting her out.
      Clear example of exploiting

Ban: Must teach cooking methods if requested.

Which is a suitable Ban for a hag that cooks a lot. Baba Yaga is a cannibal horror parody of a grandmother figure, and being required to instruct makes sense from those roots.

But I run True Fae as Rank 6-10 Ephemeral Entities.
      Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
      "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Working...
      X