Updating 1ED Contracts To 2ED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating 1ED Contracts To 2ED

What it says on the title. Here are two Contracts from the 1ED Core. Feel free to update fan made Contracts as well.

Display Grandiose Might (•••)

Cost: 2 Glamour
    Dice Pool: Strength + Athletics + Wyrd
    Action: Instant

Roll Results

Dramatic Failure: The character’s Strength is halved round down and all rolls involving it lose 10 Again.

Failure: The character’s Strength is unaffected.

Success: Gain extra Successes on all Strength and Stamina rolls for non combat purposes equal to half your Wyrd, rounded up.

Exceptional Success: Increase the extra Successes to your whole Wyrd.

Ogre: You also gain 3 dots in the Strength Performance Style from the Hurt Locker.

Fairest: You gain +2 on Social rolls against those who were impressed by your display.

Catch: Same as the original version.

Become The Primal Foundation (•••••)

Cost: 4 Glamour + 1 willpower
    Dice Pool: Manipulation + Survival + Wyrd
    Action: Reflexive

Roll Results

Dramatic Failure: The character suffers lethal damage equal to half his Wyrd round up.

Failure: The character fails to transform into the element.

Success: The character becomes a living embodiment of her element, and retains all her Mental and Social traits.

For solid elements, add half her Wyrd round up as General Armor, and bonus dots to Strength and Stamina. Her Brawl and Weaponry attacks deal half her Wyrd round up in lethal damage with Armor Piercing at the same rating. This is considered supernatural damage, so it will be lethal even against targets that would normally downgrade it, and pierce magical protections.

For formless elements, add half her Wyrd round up to Wits and Dexterity and apply her Defense against Firearms. She may direct blasts of her element with a Dexterity + Athletics roll, which inflicts lethal damage. The short range is Wyrd x 10 yards, medium is Wyrd x 20 and long is Wyrd x 40. She downgrades all mundane damage from lethal to bashing, and bashing into nothing. She reflexively heals lethal or bashing damage dealt by mundane attacks at a rate of Wyrd/2 round up every turn.

In both cases, the bonus to Attributes may take them above the normal limit imposed by Wyrd and increases derived traits. Being hit with a cold iron weapon requires the character to roll Resolve + Composure - damage received. Failure ends the Contract, which cannot be reactivated for a full day.

Exceptional Success: Treat your Wyrd as two dots higher to calculate the benefits, to a maximum of ten. The Contract also lasts until the next sunrise or sunset (whichever comes first). During this, you may switch between your normal and elemental forms reflexively at no cost.

Elemental: When assuming a solid elemental form, she may spend 1 glamour to reduce her damage bonus to zero and inflict aggravated damage instead. This bypasses all Durability and non-supernatural Armor. When assuming a formless element, she Dodges reflexively, multiplies her Speed by Wyrd/2 + 1 and may spend 1 glamour to ignore Defense when directing blasts.

Fairest: All onlookers must roll Resolve + Composure – the character’s Wyrd. Failure takes away 10 Again from all their dice pools.

Catch: Same as the original version.
    Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 12-10-2016, 09:06 AM.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

If you don't mind, I'd like to add these conversions (and any more you cook up) to my own thread for Contract Conversions.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
      If you don't mind, I'd like to add these conversions (and any more you cook up) to my own thread for Contract Conversions.
      Sure, go ahead. Any comments about the mechanics?

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

I definitely like your take on Primal Foundation. I wonder, though, if the Fairest clause instead imposes a Condition or Tilt in place of a dice trick.

I'm not sure if Display Grandiose Might would work well in your current conversion, given the kith blessings of some canon and homebrew kiths.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
          I definitely like your take on Primal Foundation. I wonder, though, if the Fairest clause instead imposes a Condition or Tilt in place of a dice trick.

I'm not sure if Display Grandiose Might would work well in your current conversion, given the kith blessings of some canon and homebrew kiths.
          The Fairest clause of Become The Primal Foundation could inflict the Insensate Tilt.

As for Display Grandiose Might, perhaps Success could give you extra Successes on Strength and Stamina rolls equal to your Wyrd/2 round up, while Exceptional Success gives extra Successes equal to your full Wyrd? The Fairest clause could add a +2 bonus to Social rolls instead of dice tricks.

Comment

It could work. I would probably word it as "extra successes on Strength and Stamina rolls equal to half your Wyrd, rounded up" for success. But other than that, those changes are better in my opinion.

"My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
            X