Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dice Pool for Vision of Fortune's Favor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dice Pool for Vision of Fortune's Favor?

Hello :-)

Unless I'm missing it somehow, the dice pool for the 2e Contract "Vision of Fortune's Favor" is listed as having no pool, but then lists the results of successes and stuff. Anyone happen to know what the dice pool for this is?

Thanks!

"The best lies are wrapped in truth."

Originally posted by lasellj View Post
    Hello :-)

Unless I'm missing it somehow, the dice pool for the 2e Contract "Vision of Fortune's Favor" is listed as having no pool, but then lists the results of successes and stuff. Anyone happen to know what the dice pool for this is?

Thanks!

Now, I think what is intended is that you are to roll a dice pool appropriate to the action you want to reverse.

As a rule, I would personally always run the attribute involved in the roll as wits, the skill would be dependent on either what you are trying to do or what you are trying to avoid.
    Say you get hit in the shoulder with a sword, if I was running I'd have you roll Wits + Athletics/weaponry if you have armed defense.
    Now say you are sitting a kilometer out with a rifle and you miss the one shot that would have stopped everything from going to shit, I'd have you roll wits and firearms to activate.
    Now say you are trying to swoon a lady in a bar and you come to a decision of whether to go with her or not into the bathroom. If the time it takes for the vampire lady to start eating you is short enough to be considered a turn or so, I'd have you roll wits and empathy to figure out something is not quite right and that she will murder you if you go with her.

Hope that helps

I'm a nascent AI, just call me Blue.
    I use blue writing because it's my name....
    -My 2E homebrew Freehold and court hub
    -My 2E homebrew Hedgespun hub

Comment

I'd personally make it either wits + int + wyrd or wits + stamina + wyrd (if you are able to do contract dicepools as attribute + attribute + wyrd) otherwise I haven no idea. To me it seems like a contract better suited to having no dicepool given the sheer volume of restrictions and massive drawbacks to activating it without the glamour to fuel it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fumus View Post
        I'd personally make it either wits + int + wyrd or wits + stamina + wyrd (if you are able to do contract dicepools as attribute + attribute + wyrd) otherwise I haven no idea. To me it seems like a contract better suited to having no dicepool given the sheer volume of restrictions and massive drawbacks to activating it without the glamour to fuel it properly.
        In saying that though, what would qualify a failure condition, dramatic failure condition and a exceptional success condition?

Your way of doing it could work, or perhaps it could be something like current willpower(before spend)+wyrd?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue-01.exe View Post
          In saying that though, what would qualify a failure condition, dramatic failure condition and a exceptional success condition?

Your way of doing it could work, or perhaps it could be something like current willpower(before spend)+wyrd?

You never roll wilpower in CofD outside of super specific circumstances, you'd just be making it resolve + composure which I don't think fits very well. And I'm saying that it doesn't need the failure / dramatic failure / exceptional success stuff, cause contracts that don't require a dicepool don't have those.

Comment

You never roll wilpower in CofD outside of super specific circumstances, you'd just be making it resolve + composure which I don't think fits very well. And I'm saying that it doesn't need the failure / dramatic failure / exceptional success stuff, cause contracts that don't require a dicepool don't have those.

Rules as written give a condition for exceptional success, dramatic failure and failure though, implying some kind of roll should be made,
            Maybe perception fits the bill? Perception + wyrd maybe?

Edit; just occurred to me that it seems kind of appropriate for something to do with visions of the future to be based on perception and wyrd....

Comment

Rules as written give a condition for exceptional success, dramatic failure and failure though, implying some kind of roll should be made,
              Maybe perception fits the bill? Perception + wyrd maybe?

Edit; just occurred to me that it seems kind of appropriate for something to do with visions of the future to be based on perception and wyrd....

Well there's 2 way of looking at what we have now: there's an intended dicepool that is missing. And there's not meant to be a dicepool and the dice stuff is still there because editing hasn't happened yet,

Comment

Well there's 2 way of looking at what we have now: there's an intended dicepool that is missing. And there's not meant to be a dicepool and the dice stuff is still there because editing hasn't happened yet,
                Until release, and hell, even after, run it one of those two ways.

Comment

Now, I think what is intended is that you are to roll a dice pool appropriate to the action you want to reverse.

As a rule, I would personally always run the attribute involved in the roll as wits, the skill would be dependent on either what you are trying to do or what you are trying to avoid.
                  Say you get hit in the shoulder with a sword, if I was running I'd have you roll Wits + Athletics/weaponry if you have armed defense.
                  Now say you are sitting a kilometer out with a rifle and you miss the one shot that would have stopped everything from going to shit, I'd have you roll wits and firearms to activate.
                  Now say you are trying to swoon a lady in a bar and you come to a decision of whether to go with her or not into the bathroom. If the time it takes for the vampire lady to start eating you is short enough to be considered a turn or so, I'd have you roll wits and empathy to figure out something is not quite right and that she will murder you if you go with her.

Hope that helps
                  This is assuming that what you want to rewind is based on a dice roll. What if you want to rewind to before someone says or does something where no roll was needed?

"It was he who killed that man!"
                  *poof! Rewind time, then squirrel away*

"The best lies are wrapped in truth."

Comment

Working...
                  X