How big can a Freehold be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Then let's add the Three Little Pigs as well. The Courts are of Straw, Wood, and Brick. Their Approach involves letting two fortresses fall to the notorious Huntsman known as the Big Bad Wolf (casualties not necessary), then going all-out in the third fortress to pound the wolf.
    #BBWolfWasAnInsideJob?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I have been told that the Three Little Pigs actually maps to a historical German political situation, but I have yet to successfully track the details down. (The author who made the claim doesn't remember where he got it.)

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
      An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
      Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

I feel like mapping your approach too closely to one specific, well-known story should have consequences. If you haven't created the story yourself, you have less control over your role in it and the Wyrd may get even more Rail-roading. In other words, don't model your approach on one specific fairytale for the same reason that you don't name your Freehold New Lyonesse or the New Alamo.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
          I have been told that the Three Little Pigs actually maps to a historical German political situation, but I have yet to successfully track the details down. (The author who made the claim doesn't remember where he got it.)
          Hmm... maybe the pigs represent farming, forestry, and industry? Agriculture and industry always clash when the latter starts to rise, but dunno about forestry.

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
          I feel like mapping your approach too closely to one specific, well-known story should have consequences. If you haven't created the story yourself, you have less control over your role in it and the Wyrd may get even more Rail-roading. In other words, don't model your approach on one specific fairytale for the same reason that you don't name your Freehold New Lyonesse or the New Alamo.
          Yeah, the Wyrd probably gets its hooks on such daring freeholds.

In other words, a story hook! (No, I''ll never be sorry for the pun )

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

I'm suddenly seized by a desire to see what a freehold among the soldiers of a given firebase in Vietnam might have looked like, as part of a wider recent itch towards 1960s CofD.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
              I'm suddenly seized by a desire to see what a freehold among the soldiers of a given firebase in Vietnam might have looked like, as part of a wider recent itch towards 1960s CofD.
              that definitely sounds like it could be interesting and fun

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                Yeah, the Wyrd probably gets its hooks on such daring freeholds.

In other words, a story hook! (No, I''ll never be sorry for the pun )

I wouldn't call them daring so much as unimaginative. But yeah, great story hook

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

I wouldn't call them daring so much as unimaginative. But yeah, great story hook
                  Well, for changelings, to be unimaginative is daring (and to be not paranoid is to give up)

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                    Gosh. I would love to tie that to my Carthian material in Secrets of the Covenants.

David A Hill Jr
                    Freelance Writer
                    Independent Game Designer

Comment

Originally posted by MachineIV View Post

Gosh. I would love to tie that to my Carthian material in Secrets of the Covenants.
                      Oh, don't get my hopes up!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                      X