Changeling Kickstarter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeling Kickstarter!

The Monday Meeting Notes announced starting to do kickstarters for 2ed products including Changeling and Hunter where previously 'old' 2ed game lines haven't gotten them. I'm really happy that this stance has changed and I'm already itching for a beautifully printed prestige edition to match my Dark Eras book on the shelf... Take my money?

TAKE MY FUTURE ROTTEN LITTLE RUGRATS TO ARCADIA FOR ALL I CARE! I NEED THIS!

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Huh. Neat.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
      Work Blog Coming Soon
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by LLegume View Post
        The Monday Meeting Notes announced starting to do kickstarters for 2ed products including Changeling and Hunter where previously 'old' 2ed game lines haven't gotten them. I'm really happy that this stance has changed and I'm already itching for a beautifully printed prestige edition to match my Dark Eras book on the shelf... Take my money?
        This x1,000,000, I hope they do a Changeling kickstarter soon, the anthology is already in editing, and CTL2e Corebook should be heading out of development any time now.

Comment

Yeeees! I'll start saving up money now!

Also, call-shoting this now: the Kickstarter video will feature the song "Darkest Child" by Kevin MacLeod.

Comment

I hope I'll be able to afford this kickstarter when it goes up.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
              I hope I'll be able to afford this kickstarter when it goes up.
              I hope the Kickstarter will still be up after a minute from all the attention it'll get.

I kid, but seriously, compared to Beast, which was its own title with no history, Changeling has a boatload more history behind it and fans from the first edition, much less Dreaming fans who crossed over one way or the other. Beast got backed rapidly; I get the feeling Changeling may rival Homestuck in how fast the original total is eclipsed.

Comment

ArcaneArts Hopingbfor the other half of your Paris as a stretch goal!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                  ArcaneArts Hopingbfor the other half of your Paris as a stretch goal!
                  If I get 5000 more words as an expansion, I would both be thrilled by being able to add the Sleeping Lions into the book and terrified because that means the courts would have to be even more different.

Sleeping Lions is a variant on Scherazade as it stands now, based on the societal structural theme of "similar but different" that exists in Paris(The Rosiere may not find safety in the Seasonal Courts, but a few centuries of proudly hosting them means they are still a major identity factor, and as such the lot is interesting in how it is and clearly isn't like the Seasonal Courts) and showing how ideas can change across cities. If it ended up in the core, I would have to make it far more radically different based on the fact that we have Toronto.

Not that I would mind, because it would still be this place where I would get to blend Muslim, Mandinka, Berber, Roma, and Slavic cultures into this shared rebellion and embrace of individual cultures against the more classically European Rosiere, but I would have to make it something more different than it stands.
                  Last edited by ArcaneArts; 01-03-2017, 11:42 PM.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                    If I get 5000 more words as an expansion, I would both be thrilled by being able to add the Sleeping Lions into the book and terrified because that means the courts would have to be even more different.

Sleeping Lions is a variant on Scherazade as it stands now, based on the societal structural theme of "similar but different" that exists in Paris(The Rosiere may not find safety in the Seasonal Courts, but a few centuries of proudly hosting them means they are still a major identity factor, and as such the lot is interesting in how it is and clearly isn't like the Seasonal Courts) and showing how ideas can change across cities. If it ended up in the core, I would have to make it far more radically different based on the fact that we have Toronto.

Not that I would mind, because it would still be this place where I would get to blend Muslim, Mandinka, Berber, Roma, and Slavic cultures into this shared rebellion and embrace of individual cultures against the more classically European Rosiere, but I would have to make it something more different than it stands.
                    I'd be overjoyed with that even aa I was slightly terrified of the treatment of the Roma, who are historically handled poorly both in roleplaying and in France.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

I'd be overjoyed with that even aa I was slightly terrified of the treatment of the Roma, who are historically handled poorly both in roleplaying and in France.
                      The fact that they've been treated poorly by France is sort of the point-the contention between the Rosiere and Sleeping Lions is loose enough that it doesn't have to be about the various contentions and is focused primarily on the problems of Bulwarks interacting with one another(or the Sovereigns thinking it does), but I created the notice about the Sleeping Lions long ago because I felt like conversations should be allowed to be more possible in this fictional space where ending up on the outside is a major narrative conflict. Sleeping Lions isn't necessarily about the real societal problems France and especially Paris has, but I wanted to draw from that well all the same.

As for the Roma, it's a thing I've been contending, because I do not want another in a long damn line of ass-backwards portrayals of them as tricksters and curse-bringers, which is hard in a game about curse-bringing tricksters. I might not do them at all, but on the other hand, there is the siren call to finally do it right. Representation in games is important, and if there's any group where it's long overdue.....well, there's a list, but the Roma are definitely on it.

EDIT: Mind you, this is all dependent on either a) There being a Stretch Goal for it or "Scatter and Wilt", or b) goals for expanding parts of the book. Which there might not be. Otherwise, it's back to blogpost/"Scatter and Wilt" mini-supplement ala Lore of the Deceived/pieced into other books. And how that turns out depends on how much more people want after reading it's final form as is.
                      Last edited by ArcaneArts; 01-04-2017, 03:45 AM.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

I have a feeling that most stretch goals will be for future books and other products, maybe a boost to the art budget, based on A) things that we're said during the Scion Kick starter about what they'd learned from past kickstarters and how they wanted to do stretch goals in the future and B) it's too far into it's development for additional words added, art budget maybe, but not more word count.

So this is my guess Stretch goals will mostly include adding more content to The Hedge, a possible Antagonist Book, possibly a Changeling Player's Guide, an Interactive Audio Earplay Story, maybe a novel given that the Changeling anthology is almost done.

@Milo if you don't have the cash right away, donate a dollar for now to "save your spot" and then after the Kickstarter you can upgrade your donation to get what you really want via backer kit or whatever its called.

Comment

^All of that is a very realistic expectation.

Phallic is pretty good in certain conversations.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

And other social situatiOH! Omegaphallic. Ok. Yes.

I don't see much use of a Kickstarter (from Onyx Path's side, that is) for Changeling. There's obviously a market for it (based both on 1E and the reception of the 2E previews) and it's quite far into production already. The fans would most likely love whatever stretch goals might be (and I would personally enjoy reading it as well despite Changeling not being my "main" gameline) but I recall someone (I think Charlaquin) writing a post in another thread some time back about the dangers of kickstarter bloating. I think Geist (as the seemingly least popular 1E gameline) and then Deviant (as a new gameline) would benefit the most from Kickstarters. That would also make every other new core book get a kickstarter to spread it out a bit, unless I've messed up the schedule.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                            Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

ArcaneArts I've been craving a good representation of the Roma in fiction and RP. So All n' All I do hope I see it somewhere. I've seen some things, like one of the local LARPs in my area, that do really well in parts (such as life as a Roma, attitudes on the Roma, and actual customs and culture) which is nice to see though they get many other parts cringe-worthy (such as still using the word 'Gypsy', and focusing on things like cursing others. Both leave a bad taste in my mouth).

So I really do want to see a good and faithful representation of that culture especially since there's some great inspiration there but I've just not seen a good one yet. So I hope you're able to write it in some form I think that you could do it pretty well ^.^

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Working...
                              X