CtL Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CtL Movies

Topic for very inspiring or adequate movies for CtL games or chronicles. I think we finally got proper game line movie.

See Hollow Child Trailer

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-06-2017, 04:06 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

I found Absentia to be a good depiction, if from a different angle.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
      I found Absentia to be a good depiction, if from a different angle.
      ​Seconded. 000

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
      I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

Hellboy and hellboy 2 for more lighthearted changeling games.

Hellraiser, and wishmaster for more grimdark changeling games.

Dark city for more bittersweet inspiration.

Rosemary's baby for inspiration on loyalist changelings.
        Last edited by Misterscruffles; 01-06-2017, 05:38 PM.

Meow! Meow meow meow. Purrrrrr.

Comment

Labyrinth and Pan's Labyrinth. Lost Girl. Grimm.

Star trek, yes I said Star Trek, Q makes for a great True Fae and in a way so do the Founders. Some others as well like, Apollo.

Stranger Things.

Comment

Spirited Away.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
              Fetched my DVD and watching now. Miyazaki does good stuff. Also thinking about My Neighbor Totoro for some of the wonderful side of the fae world.

Comment

One movie I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is Changeling, while the 2nd half of the movie isn't exactly relevant to Changeling the Lost, the first half is very unsettling to look at if you watch it with it the game in mind. It's from the point of view of a mother who believes her child has been abducted and replaced by another.

Comment

Kubo and the Two Strings, Rise of the Guardians. Watch these two with the idea that The Man in the Moon as a true fae.

Comment

City of Lost Children works for me. 😊

Comment

One of my favorites is MirrorMask.

Rose Bailey
                      Onyx Path Development Producer
                      Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

One of those I look at at and has not been mentioned already is Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                        Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

I recommend "The Never Ending Story, Legend, Stardust, also Try Ink. ( Though that's more of a Changeling/Mage Crossover movie)

"I am a daydreamer and a Night thinker."~

Comment

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - Folks are shanghai'd by a creepy otherworldly pirate ship and its cthonic captain. Sailors slowly find themselves transforming into fantastical marine hybrids. sounds pretty changeling to me. (minus the whole psychopomp angle)

Peter Pan (2003 version) - I have always thought that Peter Pan was a particularly great changeling story and the 2003 adaptation has the dark undertones that make it particularly suitable for Lost. My spin on it is that Tinkerbell is the Keeper and Peter Pan is her loyalist, who goes into forays into the Waking World to abduct children to bring into her Arcadian Realm to play out her crazy fantasies.

Thale - A scandinavian film about crime scene cleaners who find a strange fairy creature that has been the subject of horrible experiments. The enigmatic cow tailed "hulder" girl is a pretty good model for a freshly escaped changeling.

Mars Needs Moms - Aliens kidnap the protagonists mother in order to extract her essence to power their caretaker robots ... it is a kid's movie, obviously, but pretty creepy and we all know about the connection between alien abductions and changeling mythology.

(Not a movie, but relevant)

Samurai Jack - A great hero battles against a powerful, phantasmagorical incarnation of evil and gets flung into the far distant "future" filled with strange creatures, robots and monsters all powered by the essence of said incarnate evil ... lots of changeling themes here.

Last edited by Firefly Night; 09-20-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Im severely disappointed no ones made mention of Coraline. Considering it seems to point for point feel like a Changeling game with the focus beinh arcadia and the eventual escaping with as much you intact as possible

Comment

Working...
                              X