Advantage Wyrd in None Changelings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantage Wyrd in None Changelings

Okay so it lists a bunch of benefits of Wyrd for Changeling in the playtest document, but I still am what are the universal benefits to Wyrd entirely.

So benefits to Wyrd are:
    Superhuman capabilities, makes sense for something that would otherwise be restricted to human stats maxiums, but for Hedge Beasts it doesn't matter.
    Glamour Usage: Along with Supernatural Tolerance probably the most universal benefit, the ability to store and use glamour for stuff.
    Goblin Fruits: I'd say yes, although I don't know if Goblin Fruits can survive in the presence of a Cambion.
    Pledges : I don't know if Wyrd effects maximum amount of pledges even for Changelings anymore.
    Dreams: Remembering Dreams might only be useful for Changelings, Fetches, Cambions, and Hedge Beasts, I don't know if other Fae can have dreams of their own.
    Supernatural Resistance: Universal obviously
    Timelessness: Universal, but likely only matters to Hedge Beasts, Fetches, Changelings, and Cambions as who knows what a normal lifespan is for other Fae.
    Bedlam: I don't know if any other Fae then Changelings can do this, but I suspect True Fae can.
    Glamour Addiction: Maybe universal
    Frailities: Perhaps universal in Wyrd 6+ Fae. I could be wrong about that.
    Embracing the Wyrd: I'd say maybe Cambions and Hedge Beasts as well as Changelings, but I don't know, I doubt most Fae can do it.
    Dropping the Mask: Any Fae that has a Mask, Changelings, Fae Touched with the Right Merit, True Fae, Hedge Beasts.
    Sealings: Universal except for Fetches
    Oaths: I think they're restricted to Changeling and Fae Touched.
    Contracts: Hedge Beasts, Changelings, True Fae, other assorted True Fae, but not all.
    Opening a Doorway to the Hedge: Most Fae I think, but not all.
    Iron Vulneriblity: Universal.
    Hedge Warping: Universal Hedge Warping can be done even by none Fae like humans, but the Wyrd provides an edge. I thought Cambions might not be able to because they devour the Hedge, but I looked at the rules again, it's only within 5 yards that they devour the Hedge, and so that only rules out Wits + Crafting + Wyrd roles which need to be physically done, but Manipulate + Empathy + Wyrd can be done at a distance beyond 5 yards.
    So far absolutely for sure universal traits Iron Vulneriblity, Glamour Usage (as well as how much can be stored and spent in a turn), and Supernatural Resistance, most likely univeral Timelessness, Opening a Door into the Hedge, nearly universal Sealings.
    Last edited by Omegaphallic; 01-19-2017, 09:32 PM.

I'd prefer to add Frailties, Embracing the Wyrd, and Hedge Warping to the list of universal stuff. Maybe Bedlam, too. Those qualities, together with the ones you pointed out, seem like something even a mediocre fairy should be able to pull off, to nail in the fact that the fae are not to be molested with. (Well, technically Frailities give you a way to do molest them, but doens't save you from the consequences)

Comment

When I was hashing out rules for 2e true fae I came to the conclusion that they can't embrace the wyrd because they're basically nailed to it. So I had them get the effects all the time and can't turn it off.

Comment

"All fae keenly feel that connection, but some, like changelings, have learned to call upon its power for brief surges of incredible prowess. This act is called “Embracing the Wyrd.”"

Shows that not all Far can Embrace the Wyrd, but it also makes it clear that Changelings are only an example of those who can.

I'd say that as Hedge Beasts and Cambions straddle the line between Fae and mortal as well, that it makes sense for them to be able to Embrace the Wyrd.

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
          I'd prefer to add Frailties, Embracing the Wyrd, and Hedge Warping to the list of universal stuff. Maybe Bedlam, too. Those qualities, together with the ones you pointed out, seem like something even a mediocre fairy should be able to pull off, to nail in the fact that the fae are not to be molested with. (Well, technically Frailities give you a way to do molest them, but doens't save you from the consequences)
          I agree with you on hedge warping, even none Far can do it, and I think Bedlam and Frailities are reasonable to expect as universal among those with Wyrd 6+, but not all Fae have Wyrd 6+ or are capable of attaining it.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

I agree with you on hedge warping, even none Far can do it, and I think Bedlam and Frailities are reasonable to expect as universal among those with Wyrd 6+, but not all Fae have Wyrd 6+ or are capable of attaining it.
            I was imagining that since non-changeling fae are nailed to the Wyrd like Elfive said, they get both the benefits and downsides of high Wyrd even at lower levels.

Speaking of which, did the Huntsmen have Wyrd or not? They probably do since they're fae, right?

Comment

Huntsmen are an odd exception I don't think they have a Wyrd score and I know they don't use glamour.

Comment

Huntsmen and hounds of the hunt don't have a Wyrd trait at all, which mean they have no supernatural resistance trait, and can't take advantage of any extra dice or abilities a Wyrd trait provides.

The biggest weakness is how do Huntsmen open gateways to and from the hedge?

Do they spend yearning to open a gateway because that will burn through they're yearning fast. I guess they open some like a mortal does.

Comment

Or they can just do it without spending anything. They're custom built to go into the mortal world, after all.

Comment

Yeah that's a possibility.

Comment

Well, escaping into the Hedge was listed as a way of getting away from the Huntsmen, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
                        Well, escaping into the Hedge was listed as a way of getting away from the Huntsmen, wasn't it?
                        Damn, that's good point. Even if a Huntsmen can open a Gateway with a point of yearning, or follow you through the Gateway you created, Huntsmen simply don't have Wyrd or a more plentiful fuel like Glamour to burn, so the Hedge is one of the best places for a Changeling to kick a Huntsmen's ass.

Comment

Working...
                        X