Arcadian Telos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcadian Telos

You know, Arcadia could be said to be a living organism in a way and that it is evolving towards some final state or perfection. What do you guys think?

I think the idea of a "final state or perfection" is a grave misunderstanding of how evolution works!

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Comment

I think OP is referring more towards Aristotelian Natural Philosophy, where everything is moving towards a "telos". pop cultures concepts of evolution sound similar, but it's an entirely different and much older idea.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
        I think OP is referring more towards Aristotelian Natural Philosophy, where everything is moving towards a "telos". pop cultures concepts of evolution sound similar, but it's an entirely different and much older idea.
        Yes! This one is accurate. Also I was kinda referencing the Axiom of Exelixi from the homebrew splat Genius: the Transgression. Also, cheers m8!

Comment

Well, at least all the Gentry are moving towards something called Wyrd Transcendence, although just what it is I have no idea.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Working...
          X