Advantages of Mantle Merit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantages of Mantle Merit

The full advantages of the Mantle Merit are scattered across the playtest document, so I thought I'd gather them here. Please tell me if I missed anything.

The individual unique advantages that each court gives for each dot (such as goblin vows and personal approach based on your court).

+1 die per dot of mantle to social rolls with other court members

When dropping the mask you can use your mantle in dots as automatic successes for those contracts where the number of successes matter beyond the possibly of getting an exceptional success, such as damage dealing contracts.

Court contracts use skill + attribute + mantle instead of skill + attribute + wyrd.

It adds a cool look to your mantle.

You get the first dot of mantle free when you pledge an oath to your court (which you need to do to join the court in the first place).

You gain an extra glamour per success when harvesting your court emotion (really you get that at mantle • when you first join the court). (I think, I'm not completely sure)

As long as the Bulwark works, you gain your mantle dots to defence against the True Far.

You get access to the Court Contracts for your court and the protection of the court approach, which ahuntsmen has to use against you if it wants to earn yearning, and acts as bans? Against the True Fae.

Did I miss anything?

Seems Mantle is the most important merit in Changeling the Lost, with at least 1 dot being a must have merit (although also free with the oath you have to take to join a court anyways), even the corner stone of Changeling society as far as Merits go as it's the Supernatural link to your court which protects you. It's an powerful form of Changeling magic in it's own right.

Don't forget that you get to have a lot of fun describing pretty narrative effects relating to your Court whenever you want. That's the most important part!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Example Ivory Court Mantle.

At 1 dot of Ivory Court Mantle you get +1 to social rolls with other Ivory Court members, can block those with Ivory Court Goodwill from using it against you automatically, +1 to Court Contracts activation rolls (+ skill + attribute), those who try to lie to you take a -1 die to the roll, +1 to defence against True Fae, Get bonus Glamour when harvesting the Greed Emotion, a minor change to your Mien. access to contracts of talespinining, Emotion: Greed and (XX?).

At 5 dot of Ivory Court Mantle you get +5 to social rolls with other Ivory Court members, can block those with Ivory Court Goodwill from using it against you automatically, +5 to Court Contracts activation rolls (+ skill + attribute), those who try to lie to you take a -1 die to the roll, +5 to defence against True Fae, Get bonus Glamour when harvesting the Greed Emotion, a minor change to your Mien, can when dropping the mask take 5 auto successes when the number of successes matter, gain a goblin vow related to the court, gain a personal approach related to the court, 9 again on Persuasion rolls, a ••• Retainer from the Cult of Mitra and can get the use of ••••• of retainers or allies or resources once per story from the Cult of Mitra, potiental access to titles that require 5 dots of mantle, access to contracts of talespinining, Emotion: Greed and (XX?).

So that's a powerful social merit and powerful magic merit.

Of course other courts will offer different goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        Don't forget that you get to have a lot of fun describing pretty narrative effects relating to your Court whenever you want. That's the most important part!
        You mean in regards to how it shapes your mien? Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

You mean in regards to how it shapes your mien? Anything else?
          Pretty sure you influence the environment, like having leaves on a cool autumn breeze wherever you go, for example.

Comment

Yeah that's an extension of you Mien externally.

Comment

Working...
            X