Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glauber View Post
    Hi guys,

Does a changeling, when he takes a comatose condition, really falls asleep or does he sleepwalk?

Basrring ST fiat and the needs of a Story, the default is that they lit fall asleep per the wording:

Originally posted by Comatose
    She believes she is awake, living her life perfectly normally, but is instead lying in a coma. She cannot roll to enter the Gate of Ivory (p. XX) and dream lucidly without help.
    The wording indicates that the character is perceiving her own comatose dream as real and interacts with props and eidolons without knowing that she is actually asleep. To the waking world, she's just in a deep coma in a bed.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Is the mechanism described in the early 2016 doc for a Changeling returning to human still a thing? (Reduce Glamour to zero, kill fetch.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
        Is the mechanism described in the early 2016 doc for a Changeling returning to human still a thing? (Reduce Glamour to zero, kill fetch.)
        Not from what I've read.

Reducing Glamour to zero has the chance of becoming Glamour Starved then Glamour Addicted if left too long. And the book had many different ways of dealing with a fetch that served whichever purpose the story and character have such as killing the fetch, reconciling with (or allying with) the fetch, and even hints you might be able to merge with the fetch and treat that like an obtaining one of your Icons.

So while the book didn't discuss a way to change back to a human, I'd imagine that it wouldn't be hard to make such a ritual work for your chronicle if you're interested in exploring that.

Comment

• The effect was to reduce Wyrd to 0, not Glamour, but the answer remains the same. It isn’t in the books as per raw, but it could work as per ST fiat. Still, given Clarity is described as your mind being torn by the thorns, to the point you don’t use Vice or Virtue anymore, it would probably need something potent to ensure you aren’t an insane human by the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
            The effect was to reduce Wyrd to 0, not Glamour, but the answer remains the same. It isn’t in the books as per raw, but it could work as per ST fiat. Still, given Clarity is described as your mind being torn by the thorns, to the point you don’t use Vice or Virtue anymore, it would probably need something potent to ensure you aren’t an insane human by the end.
            Whoops, yeah. Wyrd not Glamour. In addition the draft called for using Glamour as little as possible to simply sustain oneself. If that sidebar didn't make the final version them sure, it could be a plot mechanism.

Thanks folks.

--Khanwulf

Comment

• Is there still a way to bestow the ability to see through the Mask to mortals or are the Ensorcelled gone as a concept in this version?

Comment

• Originally posted by BetterWorldz View Post
                Is there still a way to bestow the ability to see through the Mask to mortals or are the Ensorcelled gone as a concept in this version?
                Insofar as it requires a judgement call for what does and doesn't count?

Dream Assailant's active resolution mechanic includes the option of bestowing a dot of a Supernatural Merit upon a qualified target for the rest of the story.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• I believe this would qualify as a "Simple questions/Simple Answer" in that I don't think it needs a full new topic.

But, is anyone here planning on updating the Changeling: The Lost TVTropes page? It's currently frightfully out of date (still saying that there will be about 100 kiths in the core and other such things).

It's just, I don't know how to update TVTropes and it's been one of the best resources for showing new people the basics beforehand (when it's up to date that is).

Comment

• Hi guys

I was thinking about the comatose condition, and one way to end it is to convince the dreamer that he is dreaming, a easy way to do it is to kill him.

I know that it would be a break point for the person who will do it, but i still thinking that is a easy and fast way.

What do you guys think about it?

Comment

• "Its only a flesh wound."

Comment

• Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                        I believe this would qualify as a "Simple questions/Simple Answer" in that I don't think it needs a full new topic.

But, is anyone here planning on updating the Changeling: The Lost TVTropes page? It's currently frightfully out of date (still saying that there will be about 100 kiths in the core and other such things).

It's just, I don't know how to update TVTropes and it's been one of the best resources for showing new people the basics beforehand (when it's up to date that is).
                        I'd thought someone would, since the Characters page has been updated pretty well, but I think I can do some clean-up.

Edit: And updated. May not be entirely correct, but it's more accurate to the current product than before. However, I have noticed that the Seemings need some more updates in the Characters page; it's mostly summary, fortunately.
                        Last edited by Taidragon; 12-28-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BetterWorldz View Post
                          Is there still a way to bestow the ability to see through the Mask to mortals or are the Ensorcelled gone as a concept in this version?
                          Ensorcellment isn't a thing this time, which I find odd honestly.

But you can sort of grant a human the ability to sense the fae by using dreamweaving dream condition to grant them the unseen sense merit.

A Telepath might be able to sense the fae as well as I don't think the mask extends to Supernatural senses or it might prevoke a clash of wills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Ensorcellment isn't a thing this time, which I find odd honestly.

But you can sort of grant a human the ability to sense the fae by using dreamweaving dream condition to grant them the unseen sense merit.

A Telepath might be able to sense the fae as well as I don't think the mask extends to Supernatural senses or it might prevoke a clash of wills.
                            I'd honestly grant something more akin to a condition than a true merit. Merits are meant to last, whereas conditions can be shed either over time or from particular circumstances. I don't know if I'd make Unseen Sense grant the ability to see through the Mask either - the merit's closer to simply knowing they're around rather than actually seeing things as they are.

Comment

• Okay, so, this may be a bit overpowered, but could a Changeling use Props And Scenary to transform into a working motorcycle, if they have the Ogre's seeming bonus? If so, could they use the motorcycle's speed rating, or would they be restricted to their own?

Comment

• I am considering nerfing Field of Regret so that it only can affect one target. It seems to me so strangely stronger than its Summer counterpart that I even suspect that it can be an artifact of some former versions. (essentially it is an attack with a decent dice pool with no reliable way of protecting against it, at arbtitrary distance at which you see a target, against an unbounded number of targets, at the cost of essentially 1 wp, since its Loophole is extremely easy to meet).

Do I miss something? In particular, is there any drawback to this contract which would make it weaker than it appears to be? Or is there any particular reason why it shouldn't be nerfed despite being so strong?

I am primarly concerned with its balance against the other Contracts: as a pure offensive power, it seems outright better than others with no obvious downsides (Helios Judement's relative downsides being the necessity to use it outdoors and an actual Glamour cost, the fact that it is an actual attack which seems to be resolved normally, with Defense and armor, and the fact that it affects one target only).

As an aside which could partly explain my doubts: is the dice pool listed in Helios Judgement the final dice pool or it resolved normally like a throwing attack? I.e., is Defense subtracted? Or is it just a dicepool to invoke the beam which then works normally as a thrown weapon? Is Mantle calculated into every subsequent attack? The wording somewhat suggests that it works just like a normal Thrown weapon with a very decent Damage rating.
                                Last edited by Lanic; 01-04-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X