Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Changeling Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCN View Post
    So, by your reasoning, I can give someone access to a Contract I have already?
    Ah, so was your question about granting magic ability itself to the human, not doing things for the human using magic? If so, then I misunderstood, and changelings probably can't do that.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

What would be a good example of an Icon?

Graphic Inspirational Photos for Chronicles of Darkness on Pinterest
      Chronicles of Darkness Slack (PM Me with Email for an Invite, then invite your friends)

Comment

Originally posted by xenoterracide View Post
        Icons are one of the few things about Changeling 2e we don't actually have much information about.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Is it possible to grant the ability of ... true sight (the ability to see the fae mien) to another supernatural in some way? 1e says they can't take the oath or whatever, but I'm wondering if it might be possible to craft a magical item, or something else.
          There's hints that Ensorcellement is around, but we have no rules for it at the moment. I assume this would do what you ask.

Blood and flesh, literally torn by the Thorns, or dropped clothing / items from your escape including tools, clothes, broken chains, perhaps some food.

Here's the way I see it - you have your soul shredded as you are taken into the Hedge. Now, when you flee Faerie through the Hedge, your signs of captivity are being torn away as you flee to Ironside. So, if you were forced into a collar and treated as a pet, your collar and pet toys would be Icons. If you were turned into a lamp flame, bits of the lamp, oil, etc would be Icons. At least, that's my impression. Icons form the spoor that Huntsmen use to track you down. Hide the spoor, and they can't track you.

Comment

I think it's supposed to at least metaphorically be the part of your heart you left behind. So, it could be the teddy bear that a captive cried himself to sleep with when they let him sleep, which he left behind with the part of his heart that carried his emotional pain when he became an Ogre

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
              How about this one? I'm fairly sure the answer is no, but can you use Shatter the Mask in Hedge-side? What about if you Shatter, then walk into the Hedge - do you lose the benefits when you cross the barrier, or do they remain? Does the beacon effect from Shattering the Mask cross over into the Hedge from Ironside? You are opening all the doors into the Hedge, after all.
              This is an excellent question!

Comment

Do Changelings age?

Comment

Originally posted by Gellydog View Post
                  Do Changelings age?
                  At a decelerated rate and occasionally backwards for a bit, yes.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Though changelings do have options like certain merits which do stop their aging all together.

Comment

Is that for "always looks like a kid" or classic 20 yr old immortal look?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                        Is that for "always looks like a kid" or classic 20 yr old immortal look?
                        Take your pick. I'd angle for the apparent age of the character at abduction or escape if you want thematic grounding, but the Merit just works by doubling the rate at which your Wyrd extends your life until at Wyrd 5 you've got the Wyrd 10 "immortal" bonus.

The bonuses to lifespan granted by Wyrd slow the changeling’s aging, so that she remains proportionately aged for her total lifespan. Additionally, increases in Wyrd and the concomitant lifespan extension are retroactive, which can sometimes age a changeling backwards. For example, if a changeling is weathered and elderly at 80 years old, and her Wyrd rises so that her lifespan grows by another 75 years, she will gradually “de-age” so that she only looks middleaged. Changelings age well regardless of their total lifespan and suffer few, if any, effects of age until their time is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                          but the Merit just works by doubling the rate at which your Wyrd extends your life until at Wyrd 5 you've got the Wyrd 10 "immortal" bonus.
                          I actually was referring to the 2 dot merit which makes you immortal regardless of Wyrd. But yeah, whatever appearance is most thematic.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                            I actually was referring to the 2 dot merit which makes you immortal regardless of Wyrd.
                            Long of Days just makes you immune to age-based infirmity and gives you Informed once a chapter. It doesn't actually remove or upshift your expiration date.

Comment

And there's a one dot merit that doubles your Wyrd for purposes of aging, letting you become immortal at Wyrd 5.

Comment

I'm guessing "eternal child" without the immortal part is more of a persistent condition anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X