Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Changeling Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    Are there any official rules or suggestions on the sort of powers even 5-dot Tokens don't usually possess? I mean, not in terms of raw power, but in terms of... i dunno... no direct damage buffs, no instant death, no polymorphing people unwillingly?
    Considering the last stretch goal the Kickstarter got to was "there'll be a section on tokens in the Companion," I'm pretty confident there will be.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Yep, the Companion will contain a section on how to design custom tokens.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
      Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

• Will Entitlements return? I was very found of Scarecrows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
          Will Entitlements return? I was very found of Scarecrows.
          Again, stretch goal put it in the Companion.

Comment

• don't know if it's been answered already, but will kiths still be usable? I really want my first try at changeling to be with a ogre troll

Comment

• Kiths are getting a major mechanical overhaul in their structure, becoming much more standardized and powerful, so you probably cant use 1E kiths unmodified.

However, we are getting a new sourcebook just for new and updated Kiths after the Changeling corebook comes out, which will include rules and advice for making your own kiths and updating 1e kiths on your own. I believe its called Kith & Kin

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• that's very good to hear. while I doubt all kiths will be getting an official update, it's nice to hear they care about allowing the resources to update ones we want to

Master Aquatosic what do you mean by standardize exactly
                Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 11-15-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Here's how the kiths seem to be standardized from the ones I've seen each with two specific types of benefits, one of each type:

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                  Skill Trick: a way of using a certain Skill or Skills which the character is supernaturally good at, giving them an exceptional success on three successes instead of five.

Trickery: an overtly supernatural trick that costs a single Glamour per use. Should relate to the same overall concept, but generally not provide an advantage for the same action the skill trick covers.

Comment

• so it's kinda like giving a specialty? like a troll would only need 3 successes on social rolls like manipulation and subterfuge while a gargantuan would have good strength?

Comment

• Its a specialty, but not a Specialty as in the thing that adds a die to certain skill rolls.

Also, it should be more focused than just extra strong or extra manipulative.

Here, why don't you take a look at this thread for examples

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...rsion-homebrew

Comment

• thanks for the link man, and for dealing with my dumb questions

Comment

• The Fae Mount ability Actormask says it disguises the Fae Mount as a vehicle in the mortal world, but Fae Mounts are significantly slower than real world vehicles, even if the Mount has Manyleague.

Right now I'm just treating it as a typical example of a vehicle of its type in the mortal world, but I'm curious what everyone else does or if we know designer intent?

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

• Since "all rules governing Mask apply" to Trivial Reworking, am I correct in assuming that a changeling strengthening their Mask would also affect their target of this contract?

Comment

• In second edition when a changeling uses Chrysalis to transform into a creature with more health than the changeling, like an elephant for example, and takes damage in that form what happens when they transform back? Say the changeling has 8 health in normal form and 16 in animal. If the animal form takes 16 lethal damage and then the changeling transforms back would they have 16 lethal, and thus 8 aggravated damage with rollover, or would the 8 extra lethal disappear leaving the changeling form with 8 lethal marked, or would the base form have no damage marked at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fumus View Post
                                In second edition when a changeling uses Chrysalis to transform into a creature with more health than the changeling, like an elephant for example, and takes damage in that form what happens when they transform back? Say the changeling has 8 health in normal form and 16 in animal. If the animal form takes 16 lethal damage and then the changeling transforms back would they have 16 lethal, and thus 8 aggravated damage with rollover, or would the 8 extra lethal disappear leaving the changeling form with 8 lethal marked, or would the base form have no damage marked at all?
                                In the absence of specific statement otherwise, I'd assume the 1e rule of "damage persists even when temporary Health goes away" holds.

Comment

Working...
                                X