No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Changeling Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder (pg 144-145) : "Effects: The changeling mingles some of his spit or blood with earth from the Hedge, and uses the mixture to draw a compass on his hand. He instinctively knows the distance and the direction of the nearest general Hedge feature of his choice — the nearest Goblin Market or Hollow, a patch of goblin fruit, or an entrance to Gthe ate of Horn, for instance. The Contract only reveals information about the Hedge itself, not about creatures lurking within."

Good...but: stats wise... how it help?

At page 200 is " To do anything other than wander aimlessly, charactersmust make navigation rolls inside the Hedge. They begin by stating a goal, which could be a specific location— “I want to take a shortcut to San Francisco” or “I want to find the nearest Goblin Market” — or a more general objective, like “I want to find an Icon” or “I want to get away from this loyalist.”
    Navigation inside the Hedge works just like a chase, using the rules on p. 195. Even if the characters are unopposed, the Hedge itself works as an “opponent,” representing the myriad dangers and temptations that face all travelers there.
    The characters must engage in a new chase whenever they have a new goal.

Any hints?
    Last edited by The Throne; 12-22-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Throne View Post
      Good...but: stats wise... how it help?
      I'd probably use it as gaining the modifier "Your character knows the territory intimately (-3)" (CtL2e, p. 196)

Comment

• Excellent! Thanks You!

Comment

• Does permakilling a Huntsmen with their own Arcadian Weapons destroy the Title they have been controlled with?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• I don't think Arcadian Weapons are a thing anymore, instead you have to locate the Huntsman's heart in a dream bastion and destroy it. They're a lot like liches that way.

I'm fairly confident it does not destroy the Title.

Comment

• Originally posted by HelmsDerp View Post
              I don't think Arcadian Weapons are a thing anymore, instead you have to locate the Huntsman's heart in a dream bastion and destroy it.
              Each of the Huntsmen has a panoply that serves as part of its core identity — it has 8-Again on all relevant rolls with its tools and regains Willpower on every exceptional success with them, in addition to being able to recall them to its person with a point of Glamour and an instant action. Whatever the role Arcadian weapons fulfilled in 1.5, the Hunter's Panoply doesn't serve the same purpose.

Resident Lore-Hound
              Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Nevermind - found the answer to my question.
                Last edited by lnodiv; 12-27-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Do Corgis have Anything to do with the True Fae?

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                    Do Corgis have Anything to do with the True Fae?
                    Not officially.

(This an SCP reference?)

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• No But the SCP 2952 is a referenced to a welsh legend that Faeries rode Corgis as there battle steeds

Comment

• Was that a legend or an old joke?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• IDK https://writinginmargins.weebly.com/...ly-ride-corgis

Comment

• It’s actually quite a recent one.

https://writinginmargins.weebly.com/...ly-ride-corgis

Comment

• Trying to parse down the character creation rules and possibly a dumb question but...

CtL2e p. 94

"Each character starts with four Contracts from Common Regalia, Common Court, or Goblin Contracts, at least two of which must be in favored Regalia. Also choose two Royal Contracts from court or favored Regalia."
                              ...as in addition to the other four Contracts you picked, bringing the total up to six? Or are the two Royal Contracts part of the initial four you select?

Comment

• The way I parsed it, you have a total of 6 contracts. Four Common, Two Royal. Quite the power boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X