• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

Here are the blessing/curse for Darklings, by way of example:

yes. yes. so much yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
      Wait, Clarity damage?

Does that mean it heals, and if so, does that mean it's not an Integrity dot scale any more?
      Good catch, I completely missed that. Clarity as different type of health sounds very interesting.

Comment

Interesting, so now the Darklings are the nimble ones instead of the Wizened. And with abilities like this, it would be easier in-universe to classify Seemings

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Weird View Post

Good catch, I completely missed that. Clarity as different type of health sounds very interesting.

I kinda hope that's not how it turns out. Reminds me too much of my least favorite part of my favorite system (FATE Dice and mental damage tracks to be specific)

Comment

Well, there are two other types besides Finesse in that particular attribute axis and at least six seemings, so its possible there's more than one that gets that bonus. (Though they could also just switch to the other axis).

My inference of what has been shown thusfar is that Clarity is still their effective integrity trait. It just goes up and and down far more freely than most other equivalents.

Comment

Originally posted by schizoPOP View Post
              Well, there are two other types besides Finesse in that particular attribute axis and at least six seemings, so its possible there's more than one that gets that bonus. (Though they could also just switch to the other axis).
              Just to clarify, when I said nimble, I equally meant quick-thinking (mentally nimble) and good at reading people quickly (socially nimble)

Comment

Oh, I love this! Are Darklings able to move in their intangible state? Could one turn into smoke and pour themselves through a keyhole, or become shadow to slip under a door? Could one in the form of a sunbeam go directly through a window without breaking it? This has a lot of potential.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Oh, I love this! Are Darklings able to move in their intangible state? Could one turn into smoke and pour themselves through a keyhole, or become shadow to slip under a door? Could one in the form of a sunbeam go directly through a window without breaking it? This has a lot of potential.

I should hope so. Otherwise, it wouldn't be very useful except for quickly hiding or delaying getting shanked for a few seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

delaying getting shanked for a few seconds

Great, now we've got Obito style Darklings....

---------------------

What's the general etiquette for slapping the reigning King / Queen of the Freehold in the face?

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Yep, all of the above. Glad you like it!

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path Freelance Writer & Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Meghan Fitzgerald View Post

Yep, all of the above. Glad you like it!
                        Excellent! I can do so much with that in my games. Thank you for letting us know. I can't wait to see the rest of the Seemings.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                        Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

• Can True Fae drop their Masks while on Earth to benefit from automatic Exceptional Successes on all their Contract rolls?
                          Last edited by Weird; 10-01-2017, 04:18 PM. Reason: And in either case: What's stopping them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weird View Post
                            Can True Fae drop their Masks while on Earth to benefit from automatic Exceptional Successes on all their Contract rolls?
                            Would hate this thread go dead until actual release of 2e, so I am gonna rubber tape answer my own question until rules confirm or deny it:
                            Because opening Hedge Gates, alerting Huntsmen, and driving humans into Delirium is also bonus to Other, they have to pay additional price to drop the Mask. In order to drop the Mask Kindly Cousin must give up one piece of its Regalia, which instantly reforms in Hedge in form of collectible Token, that must be collected by Title in question to restore. Since losing Regalia makes Titles more vulnerable, it should be good deterrent.

Another question: Do we know how True Fae "earn" Titles?

Comment

• I don't think we don't mention this directly in the book, but True Fae get Titles the same way they get anything else -- by bargaining for them. And yes, that means that they can use one Title as collateral for another... the pacts the Others make with each other and external cosmic forces get positively Byzantine.

(EDIT: There's also inheriting Titles or taking them as tokens of surrender, but those are both forms of bargain, as far as the Wyrd is concerned.)
                              Last edited by Rose Bailey; 10-16-2017, 04:50 PM.

Rose Bailey
                              Onyx Path Development Producer
                              Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                                I don't think we don't mention this directly in the book, but True Fae get Titles the same way they get anything else -- by bargaining for them. And yes, that means that they can use one Title as collateral for another... the pacts the Others make with each other and external cosmic forces get positively Byzantine.

(EDIT: There's also inheriting Titles or taking them as tokens of surrender, but those are both forms of bargain, as far as the Wyrd is concerned.)
                                So if some Title is the collateral for another Title, what happens when they lose the collateral? Could you trigger a domino effect of default and render a True Fae "naked" by taking out the right Title?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                                X