Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Changeling Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

So if some Title is the collateral for another Title, what happens when they lose the collateral? Could you trigger a domino effect of default and render a True Fae "naked" by taking out the right Title?
    Seems totally viable.

Rose Bailey
    Onyx Path Development Producer
    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

• These probably won't come up in regular play but in case Storyteller decides to throw other splat at players:

Can Changelings harvest Glamour from other splats? Would such Glamour be any different from regular one?

Do other Templates of World of Darkness have any means to back out when their words get sealed into pledge by fae?

Comment

• Something that will come up a lot:

How does Clarity work now? Clarity "damage" implies a health track, but that, as mentioned, rubs some people the wrong way. Not me, but clarification?

Comment

• Yeah, surprising no one, I'm not a fan of this idea.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Perhaps Clarity damage takes bits from that alternate integrity system from Hurt Locker where it piles up damage as you take trauma, if you fill up the thing with damage then you lose a dot of clarity and all your current clarity damage is healed. Just a theory though.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

• I think Clarity "damage" might just be a shorthand for how many dots you lose in a given instance. It was mentioned that Clarity loss and gain was swingier now, if I recall correctly.

Comment

• While I am also very curious about new Clarity rules I have gnawing suspicion that we aren't going to get any further sneak peeks into rules and systems until Kickstarter starts (so, even in best case scenario not until weekend).

Comment

• Okay so meanwhile, on Mask and how deep it goes: Do cameras only capture Changeling's Mask, or is Mask rather obscuring photography's content from mortal viewers? What happens when entity incapable of looking through the Mask dips into Changeling's memories?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weird View Post
                    These probably won't come up in regular play but in case Storyteller decides to throw other splat at players:

Can Changelings harvest Glamour from other splats? Would such Glamour be any different from regular one?

Do other Templates of World of Darkness have any means to back out when their words get sealed into pledge by fae?
                    Earlier playtests had a reference to the Exotic Airs merit, but it was never included. I'm assuming it would work like the other supernaturals' versions, where each dot would be a specific supernatural to feed on. So first dot you might pick vampires, second you might grab prometheans, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Icefyer View Post

Earlier playtests had a reference to the Exotic Airs merit, but it was never included. I'm assuming it would work like the other supernaturals' versions, where each dot would be a specific supernatural to feed on. So first dot you might pick vampires, second you might grab prometheans, etc
                      Would Changelings still feed on Willpower dots or would they be draining the other being's Glamour equivalent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weird View Post

Would Changelings still feed on Willpower dots or would they be draining the other being's Glamour equivalent?
                        I have no idea. I'm not a developer, but I think it could go either way. Would be interesting to siphon a vampire and drain their vitae through their emotion.

Comment

• Changelings can absorb Glamour from any sophont with emotions. Vampires count. Ghosts count. No special effects for taking energy from specific other monsters... we've been trying to cut down on those in second edition, because it means making up a wide variety of special effects and if every one is just a different flavor of magic potion, the fun gets lost.

Rose Bailey
                          Onyx Path Development Producer
                          Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                            Changelings can absorb Glamour from any sophont with emotions. Vampires count. Ghosts count. No special effects for taking energy from specific other monsters... we've been trying to cut down on those in second edition, because it means making up a wide variety of special effects and if every one is just a different flavor of magic potion, the fun gets lost.
                            Fantastic! Thank you so much, Rose!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                              Changelings can absorb Glamour from any sophont with emotions. Vampires count. Ghosts count. No special effects for taking energy from specific other monsters... we've been trying to cut down on those in second edition, because it means making up a wide variety of special effects and if every one is just a different flavor of magic potion, the fun gets lost.
                              Though I personally found the fact changeling blood was like the mother of all acid trips to vampires to be hilarious.

Comment

• Do (Hob)goblins have a Wyrd score? In 1st edition some did, some didn't and some where straight up changelings who joined a Market.

Likewise, do they get a Glamour pool? They get a Turn, a single contract they can use for free (though sometimes only once per day). So they have no need to spend Glamour, but when accepting it as payment they would need to store it somehow.
                                Last edited by RBAWintrow; 11-13-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X