Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Changeling Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Changeling Edition

Saw that this is one of the few boards that didn't have one of these. And since Changeling is only rivaled by Mage in the "you will encounter loopholes, fringe circumstances and weirdness" category, I'm thinking it could definitely use one of these.

I'll probably be asking more questions than I ever get the knowledge to answer, personally, but there are a lot of smart, informed people on this board who can contribute, like ArcaneArts , Charlaquin, White Oak Dragon, etc.

So, to start off the board, here's my first question.

A mortal in the Hedge is in a bad way, but what happens to them if a Changeling with a Mien that is easily hideable even when exposed follows them through a hedge gate right into their Hollow? Depending on the Hollow, could they not even realize they're somewhere magical? Or does the Hedge call to them still?

• milo v3
    replied
    Can non-changeling fae make hedgeways?

Leave a comment:

• espritdecalmar
    replied
    Well anyway, here's a question that came to mind recently:

The Wizened Seeming Curse causes a Clarity attack if a Hatter is caught off-guard by an "unpleasant surprise," which is a little more open-ended than the others, and I'm wondering how other people have interpreted this in their own games?

(On a side-note, I'm now realizing that there are interesting similarities between the Curses of Seemings who share an Attribute category.)

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post

Yes. Why do you want to sell the Alpha Kids into Faerie slavery?

Yep. Do you know how much the Gentry would pay For Jake Alone even the Fae What That ass.

Leave a comment:

• Draconis
    replied
    Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
    Wait a moment…

Leave a comment:

• espritdecalmar
    replied
    Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    Do You get this Reference?

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    Do You get this Reference?

Leave a comment:

• espritdecalmar
    replied
    It’s a Tier one Hunter cell of four members Two of which have the Striking Looks merit. There all in there Early 20tes One is a physician in training ,Master Baker and Heiress to a Giant Company.

Another is a Expert hacker that has a Ability to never by tracked by Supernatural mean. A mage can’t cast a spell to find her, nor can a werewolf use One of her gifts.

Another one At the peak of Human Potential and Knowledgeable About Philosophy. He has the striking looks merit.

And the fourth is mostly Vampire Bait and is super Handsome .
    And what’s with the two what’s
    Wait a second.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    If you read the Goblin Market book you’ll see you can sell slaves at the Goblin Market.

Leave a comment:

• ElvesofZion
    replied
    When its Goblin trading that stuff would be real. You dont have to go to an Arcadian realm and pretend. Goblins literally trade in bottled memories, solidified feelings, and the like.

Leave a comment:

• Draconis
    replied
    Um…

…I can imagine they'd be worth quite a lot. On the other hand, the local Changelings will not be happy with you selling people to the Fae.

Prices at the Goblin Market are never just numbers ("you'll get ¤18.25 for this"), though. The real question is, what do you want in return?

I imagine first you'd want to get a letter of marque. OOC, that's where privateers came from: a letter of marque is a contract with the government that says "this person can go out and basically be a pirate, and as long as they don't attack our ships, they're under our protection". So in the world of Changeling, I imagine a similar arrangement with the Gentry: "I'll supply you with new Changelings in exchange for my own safety".

But after that…when you're working for them, the sky's the limit. There's no telling what any individual Gentry might desire, but if you can figure it out and offer them that, you can have pretty much anything you'd ever want. Want to have all memories and effects of your Durance erased, continue your life with your family from the moment before you were taken, live out a pleasant human lifespan and die surrounded by your loved ones? The Gentry can make it happen. It might not be "real", it might all be a fantastic Arcadian dream, but if you can't tell the difference, does it really matter?

(And after that dream ends, when you realize you're back in Arcadia under the control of the True Fae again…well, you should have read the fine print.)

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    It’s a Tier one Hunter cell of four members Two of which have the Striking Looks merit. There all in there Early 20tes One is a physician in training ,Master Baker and Heiress to a Giant Company.

Another is a Expert hacker that has a Ability to never by tracked by Supernatural mean. A mage can’t cast a spell to find her, nor can a werewolf use One of her gifts.

Another one At the peak of Human Potential and Knowledgeable About Philosophy. He has the striking looks merit.

And the fourth is mostly Vampire Bait and is super Handsome .
    And what’s with the two what’s

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    how much would a Hunter Cell by worth at the Goblin Market? My character Is Thinking about being a Slaver.
    1) What.
    2) Depends on the Hunter Cell.
    3) What.
    4) Consider buying the supplement Goblin Market.
    5) What.
    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-15-2019, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    how much would a Hunter Cell by worth at the Goblin Market? My character Is Thinking about being a Slaver.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    I'll be more clear (you response was excellent to why they were created though). What sorta stories and fairy tales inspired the creation of Huntsmen
    The huntsman of Snowhite comes to my mind

Leave a comment:

Working...
X