"Victorian" Changeling campaign set in Hong Kong 1860

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Victorian" Changeling campaign set in Hong Kong 1860

So, I'm in the process of reading the Victorian Lost from 2012 and I've decided to do a mid-19th-century Changeling 1e game, EXCEPT instead of the cliche London, I'm setting it in British Colonial Hong Kong. There will be other supernaturals used in the game: mages, vampires, werewolves, promethians... but the focus is mainly changeling.

Any recommendations you guys might make for running such a game?

Really? No one?

Comment

I know nothing of the setting or what you are hoping to do with your story. I would imagine that that's the same reason nobody else has responded previously. Try asking something more specific about it, and see if that drives some discussion.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
      Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

That sounds like a wonderful idea, Hong Kong has always been an enigmatic place and a Changeling story based around it would be very interesting. I'd suggest you do research on Colonial Hong Kong and get an idea of what life was like back then use historical figures to create archetypes for your NPCs and local legends or stories to get an idea for plotlines. I might be interested in trying this out if you get it off the ground though I can be a bit unreliable when playing online at times.

Comment

What role will the recently ended Opium Wars play in your chronicle? What view did the Changeling Courts hold on the conflict and what role, if any, did they play?
          ​More importantly, how did the Keepers play it?

Comment

I absolutely adore Victorian Hong Kong as a setting and wish you the best with it. If you want some inspiration, I think the first episode of the second season of Ripper Street revolves around a corrupt police inspector out of HK and those he's hurt that hunted him back to London.

In my headcanon, modern HK has the Directional Courts in a cold war with the Seasonals that the British back then; if you go back a century, that conflict is likely still hot, with Lost gang wars in the streets and on the sea.
            Last edited by atamajakki; 03-24-2017, 12:03 PM.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ptTakrill View Post
              What role will the recently ended Opium Wars play in your chronicle? What view did the Changeling Courts hold on the conflict and what role, if any, did they play?
              One thing I've always thought should be explored is if changelings were using goblin fruit to make drugs or augment other drugs. Maybe someone is making a new opium using goblin fruit and the courts don't like it since it might attract the Keepers. Or maybe the seasonal courts are selling and the directional don't want them to we could have Opium Wars II: Attack of the Changelings!

Comment

I don't know why I can never get this forum to send me notifications, just logged in for something else and was pleasantly surprised to see activity in this thread.

Originally posted by 2ptTakrill View Post
                The recently ended opium wars plays a huge role. You have a third of the population addicted to opium, including the changeling population, resulting in more changelings falling to clarity 0. The seasonal courts came with the British colonists and they are in conflict with the directional courts.
                I don't know yet how the Keepers play it. Suggestions?

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                I absolutely adore Victorian Hong Kong as a setting and wish you the best with it. If you want some inspiration, I think the first episode of the second season of Ripper Street revolves around a corrupt police inspector out of HK and those he's hurt that hunted him back to London.
                I'll check that out/

In my headcanon, modern HK has the Directional Courts in a cold war with the Seasonals that the British back then; if you go back a century, that conflict is likely still hot, with Lost gang wars in the streets and on the sea.
                A similar direction as to what I'm aiming for

Originally posted by inspectorjavert View Post
                One thing I've always thought should be explored is if changelings were using goblin fruit to make drugs or augment other drugs. Maybe someone is making a new opium using goblin fruit and the courts don't like it since it might attract the Keepers. Or maybe the seasonal courts are selling and the directional don't want them to we could have Opium Wars II: Attack of the Changelings!
                Interesting idea, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X