Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is white wolf sitting on Changeling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is white wolf sitting on Changeling?

Okay we know that white wolf and onyx path have been sent the Changeling core for approval awhile ago, so I'm wondering why it's not in editing and art direction let?

Sometimes things take a while to get through. While I'm annoyed about nuWW for other things, I'm not going to jump on them for intentionally sitting on it just based off of how long it takes. That's about as fair as jumping down Mirthful Mike's throat for how long layout takes (read: not).

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

But layouts actual require major organizational work and creativity, how long does it take to read the core book, maybe make a few notes, and hand it off to editing and art, a week maybe, I mean they're not editing it or anything, they're just giving they're okay of the project so it can move on to the next stage.

Comment

This is nothing unusual. Sometimes apprpvals take a long time. I'm pretty sure both Forsaken and Awakening were in approvals for much longer than Lost has been.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Awakening took less than a week, actually.

Dave Brookshaw, Mage and Deviant Developer, writer of many things

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
            Oh, my mistake. I must have been thinking of the time in layout (?)

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
              A week!!!!

It's been what over a month to get through approvals for Changeling?

What the fuck White Wolf?!?

Comment

Sometimes things take a long time, complaining about it won't speed things up.

Comment

Yell and scream about it loudly and openly. Maybe it will light a fire under their butts.

Comment

But Changeling is still only in development...it's not even had art commissioned yet.

Edit: Oh, I see what you're saying. I didn't realize the text was in approvals yet.

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
                    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
                      Yell and scream about it loudly and openly. Maybe it will light a fire under their butts.
                      Or torque them off at OP's community, which could cause the license to be revoked. People get impatient at OPP all the time (check the kickstarter comments) about things going to slow, but they don't read the Monday Meetings that explain the process and where everything is. People yelling and screaming without reading is exactly why Mike doesn't provide commentary as much anymore, because a group of people bitched about Dark Eras making it through layout before Mage did. While I believe said individuals have apologized, the damage was already done. I don't think yelling at them is going to speed them up. If anything, I think it will make them question why they are publishing the book at all.

CofD booklists:
                      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

White Wolf's probably busy with other things right now-without going into the politics of current events, they did just release two products for their main interest as an initial step up, and there's a lot of other things they have going on surrounding their project escalations. I don't know that for sure, obviously, but it's a real possibility.

There might also be the kickstarter proposal that has to be accounted for in their considerations. Again, I don't know if that's actually the case, but it might be.

For the most part though, it doesn't really matter why it's happening-it's happening, and all we can do is be patient and see what happens. But given things happening and WW's list of priorities, "just busy" might be the whole of it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                        Working on:The Hedge(?), Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

I think everyone is used to the pervious owners glance and rubber stamp methods that had projects back in 1-2 weeks, compared to that this feels like intentional sabotage of the Chronicles game line because they are more interested in their primary focus of World of Darkness game line.

Comment

Originally posted by HaplessWithDice View Post
                            I think everyone is used to the pervious owners glance and rubber stamp methods that had projects back in 1-2 weeks, compared to that this feels like intentional sabotage of the Chronicles game line because they are more interested in their primary focus of World of Darkness game line.
                            While the "glance and stamp" thing is something like normal, it's worth noting that there have been products that did take more time without a sinister agenda attached to it.

We just don't know right now. It would be easy and fun to assign blame here, and I think most people know I'm not all opposed to it, particularly in this case. But the reality is that we don't know, and too much speculation is problematic in it's own right, since we might make mountains out of molehills and fight fights that don't actually matter. Realistically, it's just the mixture of their indifference meeting the current state of business rather than a deliberate move, and worrying about it until evidence suggests otherwise is just useless self-riling.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                            Working on:The Hedge(?), Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                              White Wolf's probably busy with other things right now-without going into the politics of current events, they did just release two products for their main interest as an initial step up, and there's a lot of other things they have going on surrounding their project escalations. I don't know that for sure, obviously, but it's a real possibility.

There might also be the kickstarter proposal that has to be accounted for in their considerations. Again, I don't know if that's actually the case, but it might be.

For the most part though, it doesn't really matter why it's happening-it's happening, and all we can do is be patient and see what happens. But given things happening and WW's list of priorities, "just busy" might be the whole of it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
                              I'd be far more understanding if there is a Kick starter proposal attached, here is hoping.

Comment

Working...
                              X