Speculations: Goblin Contracts & Goblin Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculations: Goblin Contracts & Goblin Debt

I just thought a thread speculating on these things before a future dev post on it might be an entertaining intellectual and creative exercise.

I think Goblin Debt might be things that you can sacrifice that can get you a goblin contract without experience.

Or maybe to get the contracts, you owe a goblin a favour, that it expects to be payed back for at some future point.

I'm particularly interested in how the goblins go around collecting said debt.

Comment

It might be inherent to the deal, not physical enforcers.

Comment

I love the concept of Goblins as loan sharks

Can they leave the Hedge, in order to collect a debt?

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post

Can they leave the Hedge, in order to collect a debt?

oooo....That sounds really cool. It would be cool to see Goblins in the Hedge finding where you live, knocking on your door like mobsters; "Hey Paulie - You got my money?" :P

Maybe it would be like a pact like how the Unchained make Demon Pacts?

Comment

Now I'm thinking of things like Cinderella's wonderful dress turning to rags and such at the stroke of midnight: The stuff got repossessed. Oh, and you also owe your first born child as interest.

Comment

Originally posted by BronzeDog View Post
              Now I'm thinking of things like Cinderella's wonderful dress turning to rags and such at the stroke of midnight: The stuff got repossessed. Oh, and you also owe your first born child as interest.
              Or Rumplestiltskin demanding a first born child for straw spun into gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post

Well from what I've seen of them throughout popular fiction, they're almost constantly depicted as bankers, bureaucrats, and merchants.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Well from what I've seen of them throughout popular fiction, they're almost constantly depicted as bankers, bureaucrats, and merchants.

with all the rotten implications that involves, sadly

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

d
                    Originally posted by Volke View Post

oooo....That sounds really cool. It would be cool to see Goblins in the Hedge finding where you live, knocking on your door like mobsters; "Hey Paulie - You got my money?" :P

Maybe it would be like a pact like how the Unchained make Demon Pacts?
                    don't want it to be too similar though

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

I would wish this fella and his coworkers would had a greater focus in the Potter movie. Imagine if they were the ones who actually control the British Wizard Society, Death Eaters included, through the economic system.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

with all the rotten implications that involves, sadly

Goblins at the DMV...

Comment

Working...
                        X