Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homebrew 2e contracts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by HaplessWithDice View Post
    Wouldn't an assassin be virtually Immune to murder based clarity breaks by way of just becoming numb to it?
    No. Murder, especially calculated is always Breaking Point. Theoretical Assassin could try to negate brunt of emotional stress by meditating before the hit and attending to therapy after payday but it would still be a breaking point.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Weird View Post

      No. Murder, especially calculated is always Breaking Point. Theoretical Assassin could try to negate brunt of emotional stress by meditating before the hit and attending to therapy after payday but it would still be a breaking point.

      So basicaly this? Huh...a world of darkness full of Krombopulus Michael level of chill hitmen.


      Comment


      • #48
        Fan Court Contract

        Touch of Shaper (Common, Court)

        Shaper Court, Court of Artisans and Visionaries prides itself as both explorers and inventors. No creation is more priced by Shapers than one created by inspired crafter and this Contract lets its user enjoy the benefits of inspiration.
        Action: Instant
        Cost: 1 Glamour + 1 Willpower
        Dice Pool: Resolve+Empathy+Mantle -Clarity (yes, it's easier to use when you are bit out of it.)

        Roll Results:
        Dramatic Failure: Changeling's attempt to reconnect with their inner muse fails miserably and their inspiration seeking focus turns toxic. Changeling gains Obsessed condition relating to seeing through creation of what they intended to build.
        Failure: No effect. Changeling must wait until next sunset or sunrise to try again.
        Success: Next Crafts/Computer roll Changeling makes to build/program something benefits from same bonus as if Changeling just cashed in an Inspired condition.
        Exceptional Success: As with success but roll also benefits from 8-again. In addition Changeling refills their Willpower as if they had fulfilled their Virtue.

        Loophole: Changeling intends to build their creation for a competition where it would be compared to similar works.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by HaplessWithDice View Post


          So basicaly this? Huh...a world of darkness full of Krombopulus Michael level of chill hitmen.

          Nah, more like Samurai disturbed and troubled by the distance between their Buddhist and Shinto beliefs and all the death they deal.


          A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Weird View Post
            Fan Court Contract

            Touch of Shaper (Common, Court)

            Shaper Court, Court of Artisans and Visionaries prides itself as both explorers and inventors. No creation is more priced by Shapers than one created by inspired crafter and this Contract lets its user enjoy the benefits of inspiration.
            Action: Instant
            Cost: 1 Glamour + 1 Willpower
            Dice Pool: Resolve+Empathy+Mantle -Clarity (yes, it's easier to use when you are bit out of it.)

            Roll Results:
            Dramatic Failure: Changeling's attempt to reconnect with their inner muse fails miserably and their inspiration seeking focus turns toxic. Changeling gains Obsessed condition relating to seeing through creation of what they intended to build.
            Failure: No effect. Changeling must wait until next sunset or sunrise to try again.
            Success: Next Crafts/Computer roll Changeling makes to build/program something benefits from same bonus as if Changeling just cashed in an Inspired condition.
            Exceptional Success: As with success but roll also benefits from 8-again. In addition Changeling refills their Willpower as if they had fulfilled their Virtue.

            Loophole: Changeling intends to build their creation for a competition where it would be compared to similar works.

            Mind if I PM this to @Arcanea


            A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post


              Nah, more like Samurai disturbed and troubled by the distance between their Buddhist and Shinto beliefs and all the death they deal.
              I'm not so sure those two concepts are at odds. Look at what Michael does before the collateral damage killings to get to his target. He was praying. Then he looks at a locket presumably at the picture of a loved one lost. But we assume they are dead, it could be they left him. We don't get too big an idea but these are likely two poles in his life.

              Perhaps a similar ritual would be in order for the loop hole. Spending 5 minutes in prayer and/or meditation then meditation on a object that connects you to earth?
              Last edited by HaplessWithDice; 11-07-2017, 10:23 AM.


              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by HaplessWithDice View Post

                I'm not so sure those two concepts are at odds. Look at what Michael does before the collateral damage killings to get to his target. He was praying. Then he looks at a locket presumably at the picture of a loved one lost. But we assume they are dead, it could be they left him. We don't get too big an idea but these are likely two poles in his life.

                Perhaps a similar ritual would be in order for the loop hole. Spending 5 minutes in prayer and/or meditation then meditation on a object that connects you to earth?

                Nah, I like the current loophole. Let the Changeling deal with the emotional fallout themselves.


                A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post


                  Mind if I PM this to @Arcanea

                  I don't mind at all. Go ahead.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Got another concept for a Contract a character of mine forged. Thinking about calling it something like "Hacker's Script" or the like. He can imbue a Contract or other fae power into a machine, letting it activate under predetermined condition, like "Activate Touch of the Workman's Wrath on this gun if someone tries to shoot me with it." Or maybe other stuff like, "Send this email if and when the Summer soldier breaks his pledge to me."

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by BronzeDog View Post
                      Got another concept for a Contract a character of mine forged. Thinking about calling it something like "Hacker's Script" or the like. He can imbue a Contract or other fae power into a machine, letting it activate under predetermined condition, like "Activate Touch of the Workman's Wrath on this gun if someone tries to shoot me with it." Or maybe other stuff like, "Send this email if and when the Summer soldier breaks his pledge to me."
                      Something like making a Pledge/Oath/Sealing with the object itself?


                      Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Not sure if this counts as homebrew, but if I wanted to update Discreet Conjuration, what Regalia would it fall under? A lot of its uses sound like Royal Mirrors, but then there's the part I love the most where you can just magically pull a small pistol or switchblade from your pocket, which sounds like Swords. Maybe making it a Goblin Contract could let it do both, but I'm not sure


                        A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                          Not sure if this counts as homebrew, but if I wanted to update Discreet Conjuration, what Regalia would it fall under? A lot of its uses sound like Royal Mirrors, but then there's the part I love the most where you can just magically pull a small pistol or switchblade from your pocket, which sounds like Swords. Maybe making it a Goblin Contract could let it do both, but I'm not sure
                          I mean, it already exists as a more versatile Royal Crown Contract.


                          Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                            I mean, it already exists as a more versatile Royal Crown Contract.

                            Wait, it does? Ok, one more reason I'm mad I missed the kickstarter.


                            A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X