Hedge Ghosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedge Ghosts

I just thought that a focused thread on this topic would be interesting and good for asking questions.

Like what is the unifying theme of Hedge Ghosts given that they can have very different origins?

Like they can be made from bits of soul called icons or intense emotions or people/goblins dying, and who knows what else?

Can dreams produce Hedge Ghosts?

Can Hedge Ghosts leave the Hedge to visit Arcadia, Dreams, or Ironside, and if they do, do they bleed glamour?

How do they harvest Glamour, like Changeling via emotions, dreams, and hedge bounty? Weirder ways?

Can they use the Claimed Manifestation? do Hedge Claimed count as Goblins?

Do Changelings gain any ablity to create/summon/control Hedge Ghosts on purpose?

Do Hedge Ghosts have any relation to Underworld Ghosts or Goetics?

Can Hedge Ghosts steal Glamour from other Fae like underworld Ghosts can steal essence from other underworld ghosts and spirits can steal from other spirits?

Will their be a retainer feat for Changeling Characters who want a Hedge Ghost pet?

I'm surprised no one has anything to add to this thread, am I the only one curious about Hedge Ghosts?

Comment

I think we need more material before really looking at them. Sure, we can speculate, I guess.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        I think we need more material before really looking at them. Sure, we can speculate, I guess.
        Speculation can be fun.

I'll start. There will be a drain numena that drains either willpower or glamour, instead willpower or essence like regular one.

Hedge Ghosts will bleed glamour outside the hedge.

Spirits and normal ghosts will slowly transform into Hedge Ghost if stuck in the Hedge too long.

Hedge Ghosts will be able to harvest glamour from emotions like a Changeling.

Hedge Ghosts will not have influences or the Claim Manifestation, but might have a Goblin Manifestation or Numina.

Universal Seeker numena.

Cause Bedlam Numina.

A pledge Numina.

Rank instead of Wyrd.

Will get access to fetter and regular possession numena.

Some kind of Dream Numina.

Will replace Incubi and Succubi Oniero as dream creatures.

Will be summonable/creatable via a contract.

They won't be able to go above Rank 5, or if they can they Rank 6+ will be special some how, something even the Gentery don't like or at least respect.

Comment

Regular Ghost and Chthonian Ranks are:

0: Plasm
          1: Mane
          2-3: Lemures
          4-5: Lares
          6+ : Korobori

I wonder what ranks Hedge Ghosts have and how similar the realitive complexity denoted by ranks will be to Underwood Ghosts will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
            Regular Ghost and Chthonian Ranks are:

0: Plasm
            1: Mane
            2-3: Lemures
            4-5: Lares
            6+ : Korobori

I wonder what ranks Hedge Ghosts have and how similar the realitive complexity denoted by ranks will be to Underwood Ghosts will be.
            I just want to point out that the list from the Mage core book isn't completely accurate. For example, Kerberoi are Rank 5+.

Comment

So a Ghost can be both a Lares and a Kerberoi?

Comment

So a Ghost can be both a Lares and a Kerberoi?
                I don't think Lares are distinct things, just a Mage categorization term.

Comment

Manes, Lemures and Lares are just labels slapped on ghosts with no other qualifier than having to be a certain Rank. Mages are known to want to slap labels on everything, and it would make sense in case mages themselves don't use the term "rank" while discussing ghosts.

Comment

I'm still curious about what terms they use for Hedge Ghosts.

Comment

I'm still curious about what terms they use for Hedge Ghosts.

Whatever the individual Mage feels like? Hedge Ghosts would be far less common than normal Ghosts, and thus there might not be a unified terminology for them. Many Mages probably don't even know they exist.

And this is of course presuming Mages themselves exist. Hedge Ghosts are Changeling, so Awakened existing is an optional element.

Comment

How do we know Hedge Ghosts are less common?

And it's possible Changelings would name them if the ranks represent a significant enough difference in nature and caoablities as they do in regular ghosts and even spirits.

Comment

what is a Hedge Ghost? Are they people that died in the Hedge?

Comment

New concept from the "A Walk In The Hedge" preview. Will give Link when back at computer

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

http://theonyxpath.com/a-walk-in-the...ling-the-lost/

Comment

Working...
                              X