• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by princeofcincinnati View Post
      what is a Hedge Ghost? Are they people that died in the Hedge?
      There is more info in the forum thread for that preview.

Basically a Hedge Ghosts is a empheral entity, some what similar to Underworld (regular ghosts), spirits, Goetics, and angels.

The key difference is Hedge Ghosts use Glamour, not essence.

They can be created by strong emotions (like what is released when someone dies), icons (pieces of soul that get torn off by the thorns), possibly other ways.

Unlike Underworld Ghosts you can produce a Hedge Ghost without dying.

They will have special powers in the core book.

Beyond that I can not tell you.

Comment

I wonder if Hedge Ghosts will have Influences like other Empheral beings, and if so being near stuff with the right reasence will generate a point of Glamour for them like it would for a Spirit or Goetic.

If Hedge Ghosts can harvest Glamour like Changelings, then Hedge Ghosts have a much easier time replenishing their fuel stat then other empherals.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
          I wonder if Hedge Ghosts will have Influences like other Empheral beings, and if so being near stuff with the right reasence will generate a point of Glamour for them like it would for a Spirit or Goetic.

If Hedge Ghosts can harvest Glamour like Changelings, then Hedge Ghosts have a much easier time replenishing their fuel stat then other empherals.

I don't know. Strix are (more or less) ephemeral beings and they seem to have a relatively easy time of it. I won't be too fussed if Hedge Ghosts gather Glamour the same way Changelings do.

Comment

I hope they have a better name then Hedge Ghosts in the end.

Comment

I suggested Specters and Phantoms, I especially like Phantoms because it fits a fae theme to me.

What does everyone here think of Phantoms?

Comment

Phantoms do sound nice. So does phantasms/fantasms.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

How about Remnants?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Phantoms works for me. But I don't think that Hedge Ghosts is too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                      I like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                        I agree. The best part about going with phantoms or phantasms is that either way, they get a distinct and recognizable name while saving on precious word count. Of the two, I'd personally prefer phantoms.
                        I wish that I could figure out how to tag someone in a post when typing on my phone so that we could draw the attention of the devs to the idea.
                        Last edited by White Oak Dragon; 05-07-2017, 08:50 AM.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                        Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
                          I agree. The best part about going with phantoms or phantasms is that either way, they get a distinct and recognizable name while saving on precious word count. Of the two, I'd personally prefer phantoms.
                          I wish that I could figure out how to tag someone in a post when typing on my phone so that we could draw the attention of the devs to the idea.
                          Exactly, plus it avoids future confusion between Hedge Ghosts and Underworld Ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                            How about Remnants?
                            Remnants is very good on a descriptive level but doesn't tie into mythology or folk lore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post

I don't know. Strix are (more or less) ephemeral beings and they seem to have a relatively easy time of it. I won't be too fussed if Hedge Ghosts gather Glamour the same way Changelings do.
                              I don't see Strix as Emphereal beings, they don't normally dwell in twilight, don't have rank, they use a power stat simular to blood potency, but more shadowy, they are made of shadows, not emphera and so on.

Comment

Ghostwright Changelings should be able to interact with both Hedge Ghosts and Underworld Ghosts I'm guessing, which makes me wonder if Hedge Ghosts have Anchors.

Comment

Working...
                                X