No announcement yet.

Changeling the Lost 2nd Edition - What we know so far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be pledging as well (will also CoM... because Mars).

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• The Huntsmen reminds me of Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean III.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
        The Huntsmen reminds me of Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean III.
        Never saw it.

Neall Raemonn Price
        Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
          Never saw it.
          was you who wrote the huntsman section,Neall?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
            was you who wrote the huntsman section,Neall?
            Indeed, it was.

Neall Raemonn Price
            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
              Indeed, it was.
              damn,you got some pretty good ideas in there. they're pretty cool antagonists

Comment

• New Dev Blog! : http://theonyxpath.com/contracts-of-...ling-the-lost/

Comment

• Is it just me, or did they trim down the Seeming Clauses available to the Regalia Contracts to just two? Because if they did, I am not pleased.

On the bright side, cheers to everyone who pegged that the Steed Regalia belonged to the Beast Seeming.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
                    Is it just me, or did they trim down the Seeming Clauses available to the Regalia Contracts to just two? Because if they did, I am not pleased.
                    The Contracts in the files I received from David had two seeming clauses per Contract. We changed some of what those clauses were when we added categories to the Contracts* and added new Contracts altogether, but we didn't reduce the number of clauses from the earlier draft.

(* So that, for example, within the Steed Regalia, every Contract has a clause for Beasts.)
                    Last edited by Rose Bailey; 07-27-2017, 06:33 PM.

Rose Bailey
                    Onyx Path Development Producer
                    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
                      Is it just me, or did they trim down the Seeming Clauses available to the Regalia Contracts to just two? Because if they did, I am not pleased.
                      I had the same thought, but..

Looking through the old preview there is only one (Vainglory) with more than 2 (it has 3). Some (including two of the ones just shown (Fang and Talon and Dreamstep)) only have 1.

Comment

• That and nothing says that you can't add in clauses for other seemings; folks who use the Grimm from Dark Ages or seemings from future books will most likely need to do that, after all.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"
                        New Haven - 2e nWoD game set in southern Maine
                        Seattle - Translation game (oWoD setting, 1e nWoD mechanics) set in Seattle, WA

Comment

• Originally posted by Caelene View Post
                          That and nothing says that you can't add in clauses for other seemings; folks who use the Grimm from Dark Ages or seemings from future books will most likely need to do that, after all.
                          Oh, absolutely. Seeming clauses aren't meant as a hidden structure for build optimization... if you have a good idea for a seeming clause, just add it!

Rose Bailey

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

Oh, absolutely. Seeming clauses aren't meant as a hidden structure for build optimization... if you have a good idea for a seeming clause, just add it!
                            Would that represent something about what you bargained for when you made your own personal deal with that aspect of the Wyrd?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Would that represent something about what you bargained for when you made your own personal deal with that aspect of the Wyrd?
                              Yep! A Contract sealed through the Wyrd becomes part of you, and rather than the deal everyone gets, it could be tailored particularly to you.

It's not quite the Wyrd you make the deal with, though. Rather, the Wyrd is the way you make the deal, which is with some force that wants to trade. So, for example, "Summer" isn't an aspect of the Wyrd, it's Something Big that makes a deal with its Court and seals it via the Wyrd.

In a larger sense, the Wyrd is the underlying force of Faerie magic, the principle of exchange at the universal level. The Wyrd is the reason that a Contract or pledge always goes at least two ways, the reason that something can never become nothing, nor vice versa. Billions upon billions of these exchanges layer upon each other to create the strange rules of Arcadia and the Hedge, and maybe even the material universe itself -- some changeling philosophers say that the Wyrd is one and the same with the first law of thermodynamics.

Does that mean you can use the Wyrd to seal Contracts with powerful forces that might be, ahem, famous in other contexts? Absolutely. That the most readily available Contracts are all the work of ancient bargains isn't a metaphysical restriction on the idea of Contracts. It's just what changelings most commonly come into contact with.

Rose Bailey

Comment

• Thanks for the response. So the Wyrd is just basically the mediator/catalyst that allows entities to lend power to others in bargains? Alright. Does this mean that we're going to get more clarification on what these entities that the deals are made with are? Like, I get the feeling that what the founder of the Summer Court chased down in the legend wasn't just some big Summer Spirit King

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Working...
                                X