This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

If it makes you feel better my tentacles were completely consentual.
    I don't think continuing the point makes anyone feel better.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
    Work Blog Coming Soon
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      If it makes you feel better my tentacles were completely consentual.
      This would be continuing the joke. Do not post in this thread again.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• This is perhaps the wrong thread for this idea, but I wonder if OnyxPath is going to make a translation kit between Changeling: The Dreaming and Changeling: The Lost, now that both of them are getting updated rulesets. I found their kits for Vampire and Demon to be quite interesting (Demon in particular, as it explores how to turn The Fallen as a mine ripe for various powers for the Unchained), and given both Changelings would be pretty fresh they'd have less of a time figuring out what would fit where and how.

Then again, I'm not terribly well versed in how tabletop games are made at Onyxpath or White Wolf, so my above statement is probably innacurate in a number of flagrant ways.

Comment

• I'd be interested in seeing more of the translation guides happen. Though it feels like it's going to be a lot of work as things move on.

Comment

• The Demon translation guide was absolutely sublime and I'm glad it happened.

It'd be pretty interesting to again see a translation guide between two very different game concepts as Dreaming and Lost hit very, very different notes.

Comment

• I agree Xenesis. I a not even sure translation of the characters is possible. Dreaming is all about a very positive experience with the supernatural. You are a fairy lost in the world of men born in human flesh, with all your greatness and power diminished but it will return to you. It's one of the bright points in the world of darkness. You are trying to get back to the light of the faerie world and maybe have some fun / do something to make the world "better" along the way.

Lost is about being a human who at some point in their life was taken from their life, against their will. Exposed to events at the hands of an alien entity that hurt you, even if hurting you wasn't that alien's mind set their thought processes are so inhuman that they cannot fully understand you or your will. The event shapes and moulds you into something inhuman as parts of you break. Then at some point you escape you find out that a piece of your soul was carved out and made into a living doll to replace you so no one knew you were missing they love the doll that replaced you because it kept up your old life. It doesn't have the scars (physical, and emotional) that you do. It's perfect, witty, charming, old you. So you let it be for now. Let that handsome devil go about his job, enjoy his life. Point is...you start dark, and move toward a goal of becoming better. Going from 20% to 60% knowing that 100% will never happen.

Comment

• First of hello to everyone on the other side of the internet

So I´v been wondering for awhile what exactly this kickstarters goal is. From what I understand OP usually kickstart deluxe edition´s, or projects that are very early in development. But I´v not heard of a deluxe Changeling book, and from what I´v understood Changeling is nearing the end of its development. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not criticizing or being angry in anyway. I´m actually pretty excited, Changling is together with Vampire and Werewolf my favorite CoD games. And Changeling will be my first kickstarter.

So this question is merely a curiosity then anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                  First of hello to everyone on the other side of the internet

So I´v been wondering for awhile what exactly this kickstarters goal is. From what I understand OP usually kickstart deluxe edition´s, or projects that are very early in development. But I´v not heard of a deluxe Changeling book, and from what I´v understood Changeling is nearing the end of its development. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not criticizing or being angry in anyway. I´m actually pretty excited, Changling is together with Vampire and Werewolf my favorite CoD games. And Changeling will be my first kickstarter.

It is for a prestige version of the book. I expect that it will have better paper quality and a shiny cover. Basically, the same thing we get when we kickstart a new game line.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                  Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    First of hello to everyone on the other side of the internet

We get a the Prestige edition of the book. In addition...we also get to show level of interest in the line, desire for more books to build up this line. Plus the new owners of White Wolf want to know what the interest is in the product and where their efforts are best placed and how much they should focus on World of Darkness vs. Chronicles. The new license holder really wants to get books back in Barnes and Nobles and Game stores everywhere. Not just PoD, and E-Book. The kickstarter lets the license holder know if this dream of returning to stores is possible. Or if there might need to be work done to create a unique branded web store or something to increase awareness of the product and drive sales.

Comment

• As an addition to my post.
                      A particularly successful Kickstarter that funds quickly (in the first 24 hours) and goes over stretch goals, ect might warrant some of the content that would have hit the chopping room floor being evaluated for expansion and working on as a separate supplement to the core changeling book.

Meaning they might take the create your own court part mostly out. Say that it is possible to do, give a brief outline how to do it, then take what they removed polish it, fine tune it. build it up (just like W:tF and The Pack) and roll out a book on Courts and how to make them from scratch and make court contracts in detail. Also the roles of none changelings in changeling courts and why King of the Red Lantern Court might have a take in a werewolf who's pack was destroyed, or a Beast as a court member, or a Renegade (new Deviant Supplement). Plus what it means for that outsider courtier. Like if a werewolf joins the local chapter of the Summer Court, can they take mantle (limited likely to first or second dot) or use tokens? How does their presence benefit the court?

PS I can already see the advantage to having a Vampire/Werewolf/Promethean/Beast/Renegade in your court. Particularly werewolves, If you don't understand why, ask yourself why humans in Terminator surround themselves with dogs.

Comment

• I've always thought it would be fairly believable to have overlap between kindred society and changeling freeholds at least in terms of alliances given I have always imagined the True Fae as finding vampires to be even more interesting; "they're like the humans, but they never die? oh I must have one. whats this? they explode under the sun, well I never needed one of those anyway, they need blood for sustenance? well all water is now blood and all blood is water. Now be a dear, my sweet fanged child and help me play croquet." least thats how it always plays out in my head.

Comment

• emmens I could see Vampires and changelings sharing a city, I could see Autumn monarchs with guest passes to Elysim functions. Acting like neighboring countries in the real world. Hell maybe even some sort of commerce and trade between the two monarchies, or trading of favors.

Comment

• It is THE week! little cleaned out by the last kickstarter, but I have broth and rice, and ramen noodles are still affordable, so I'm ready to fund CtL2E. Onward! Let's go over the Hedge

Comment

• Going by the MMN...well, barring the Wyrd deciding to come in and screw everything up, we're all set for the KS to go live tomorrow, November 14th, at 12 PM EST.

Comment

• Today! Is there a link?

Comment

Working...
                                X