Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changeling Kickstarter Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

    No I think the way how it is is that all backers who pledged for any tiers that come with the PDF will get the Kith and Kin PDF for free regardless.

    The add-on for Kith and Kin is either for the people who didn’t pledge for the CtL2 PDF, or to gift to people who didn’t pledge at all.

    If someone were to pledge for any of the tiers with the PDF and gets the add-on, they’d end up with two copies of Kith and Kin.
    That is most definitely not how it works. It says very clearly that backers who pledged for a physical copy of the book at $50 or more will get Kith and Kin as part of their pledge. The entire reason that this ad on is a stretch goal is because there are people who can't afford pledge for a physical copy because of the shipping costs associated with it. This add on lets them still get both books as part of the kick starter campaign.


    CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

      No I think the way how it is is that all backers who pledged for any tiers that come with the PDF will get the Kith and Kin PDF for free regardless.

      The add-on for Kith and Kin is either for the people who didn’t pledge for the CtL2 PDF, or to gift to people who didn’t pledge at all.

      If someone were to pledge for any of the tiers with the PDF and gets the add-on, they’d end up with two copies of Kith and Kin.
      Since Kith and Kin is shaping up to be almost the size of the core book, from my reading of the backer notes, they are not thinking of doing it for free for the PDF backers.

      Comment


      • I am having a bout of bad luck. Issues with my email and I only have updated 8-12 but the first 7 got deleted... ( and no longer in my trash because ... fml )

        I tried to log into Kickstarter to see if it had the links and it says that it can’t find my email. I just don’t even get it. I pledged 100 and I am getting the emails. ...

        Anyway, someone (here) said there were links to the manuscript at the bottom of the emails. I’m not sure if it’s my phone or not, but there are no links in the ones I have. I don’t even know who I should contact in Kickstarter about retrieving the lost updates. -Flails- I am so bad at this!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MalicWanderer View Post

          No, I was confused by that at first as well but the kith book doesn't come with pdf only pledges, only ones with a hardcopy. Hence the addition of the add on. Pdf only pledges do get the companion included free, tho, which is why I was confused originally. It's easy to just assume both stretch goal books come with the same pledges.
          Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

          That is most definitely not how it works. It says very clearly that backers who pledged for a physical copy of the book at $50 or more will get Kith and Kin as part of their pledge. The entire reason that this ad on is a stretch goal is because there are people who can't afford pledge for a physical copy because of the shipping costs associated with it. This add on lets them still get both books as part of the kick starter campaign.
          *reads closer*

          ...oh. Whoops. Misread/misremebered l that.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MalicWanderer View Post

            With loopholes I'd imagine you have to perform the loophole action before invoking the contract to get the benefit. So, for example, you either pay the glamour or have to spend an extra few turns folding that origami crane.
            The loophole for that particular contract is putting a paper crane on the person in question before activating the Contract. While activating the contract, it then reveals the information through folding a different paper crane.

            I'm a bit confused over how critical folding the crane in this case is to the operation of the Contract.



            Character Concept Challenge Night! How would y'all build a dragon in this edition now?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MalicWanderer View Post

              With loopholes I'd imagine you have to perform the loophole action before invoking the contract to get the benefit. So, for example, you either pay the glamour or have to spend an extra few turns folding that origami crane.
              The loophole for that particular contract is putting a paper crane on the person in question before activating the Contract. While activating the contract, it then reveals the information through folding a different paper crane.

              I'm a bit confused over how critical folding the crane in this case is to the operation of the Contract.



              Character Concept Challenge Night! How would y'all build a dragon in this edition now?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MCN View Post
                So, one thing I notice about these new Contracts. There's talk about doing things like playing a silver flute, or folding an origami crane out of a leaf, or jumping up and down to regale the Wyrd with stories of your athletic prowess. Then, the Action is declared to be Instant. As per page 20 of the WoD core book, Instant Actions are defined as taking between 1 to 3 seconds.
                This is a game that has the Build Equipment action included in its copy of the core mechanics. Nothing about a prerequisite activity contradicts "the Contract itself takes an instant action — one turn or one to three seconds in action scenes and a few seconds outside of those circumstances, by the book's own reference — to invoke."


                Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                  Nothing about a prerequisite activity contradicts "the Contract itself takes an instant action — one turn or one to three seconds in action scenes and a few seconds outside of those circumstances, by the book's own reference — to invoke."
                  The contract doesn't SAY its a prerequisite action, though. You're guessing there.

                  Comment


                  • I'd say good odds we hit the next stretch goal tomorrow.


                    CofD booklists:
                    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vitalis View Post
                      I am having a bout of bad luck. Issues with my email and I only have updated 8-12 but the first 7 got deleted... ( and no longer in my trash because ... fml )

                      I tried to log into Kickstarter to see if it had the links and it says that it can’t find my email. I just don’t even get it. I pledged 100 and I am getting the emails. ...

                      Anyway, someone (here) said there were links to the manuscript at the bottom of the emails. I’m not sure if it’s my phone or not, but there are no links in the ones I have. I don’t even know who I should contact in Kickstarter about retrieving the lost updates. -Flails- I am so bad at this!
                      If that was me, it's the first and sixth emails... which, yeah.

                      However, the next preview should be coming out tomorrow, and _hopefully_ it'll have links to the earlier ones.


                      Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by marin View Post

                        If that was me, it's the first and sixth emails... which, yeah.

                        However, the next preview should be coming out tomorrow, and _hopefully_ it'll have links to the earlier ones.
                        All of the updates (including links to previews) appear on the kickstarter page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2051283)

                        If you're having trouble logging into kickstarter, I'd first double-check your email (for instance, I used an email that auto-forwards to my main email). After that, contact kickstarter to see if they can figure out what's going on
                        Last edited by zilaenor; 11-27-2017, 03:39 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by marin View Post
                          However, the next preview should be coming out tomorrow, and _hopefully_ it'll have links to the earlier ones.
                          If it follows the pattern of the other previews, it'll be out on the 29th so it's unlikely to be up tomorrow.


                          Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

                          Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                            If it follows the pattern of the other previews, it'll be out on the 29th so it's unlikely to be up tomorrow.
                            The first preview was posted a couple of minutes after the KS began; the second was posted 21st November, just before 3 pm EST, so... reasonable guess is the third will follow suit.


                            Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by marin View Post

                              The first preview was posted a couple of minutes after the KS began; the second was posted 21st November, just before 3 pm EST, so... reasonable guess is the third will follow suit.
                              The dates kickstarter says when I look up the updates are November 15th for the first preview and November 22nd. So the pattern would make the third happen on the 29th.

                              Edit: Seems I assumed the dates kickstarter was listing weren't customisable depending on location. For me it will be happening on the 29th (which isn't tomorrow), for americans it would be 28th (which is only just became tomorrow a short while ago).
                              Last edited by milo v3; 11-27-2017, 05:09 AM.


                              Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

                              Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

                              Comment


                              • I'm a recent backer and I have to say, I am really excited about everything I've read so far. My only complaints are that yeah, there should have been more kiths in the corebook, and I don't like that iron does aggravated damage to changelings just from touch now. I liked that before, while changelings were still vulnerable to iron, they could still handle it, while it was totally poisonous to the true fae. It's a really minor thing that's easy to houserule away, but it's still something I'm not a fan of. Otherwise though, I cannot wait to play this!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X