No announcement yet.

Changeling Kickstarter Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Stretch Goal is up: at $125k, "Night Horrors: Grim Fears" will be added to the Arcadian Memories bundle.
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 12-03-2017, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post

Agreed, I do hope those will come sooner rather than later.

But I also want to agree with the Eldritch Minister in saying that, outside of my last post's points, I really adore this version. It is amazing. Clarity really feels like the underhill's traumatic feel, but clarified (heh) it somewhat. Each of the courts now feels both evocative AND useful. Mantle isn't just balanced, it's awesome. Five dots in mantle almost feels more epic than the crown itself, which rightly feels more like a sixth dot of mantle.

And the Hedge. Omg, the Hedge. I can't even put into words how amazing that is. The Skein becoming the Dreaming Roads.. The Mirror World... Hedge Ghosts.. the streamlining of hedge navigation into an epic chase against the Hedge's attention. Just.. everything. The way it feels Narnia, Wonderland, Fantasia etc isn't your arcadian memories but rather the Hedge.. just wow. That alone makes it feel so much more fairytale.

And yet, they introduced many elements of owod changeling. There is more childlikeness and childishness. There is more make believe and fantasy, alongside of gameplaying and system gaming. Making bridgeburners more obviously Dauntain/autumn people was a BRILLIANT move.
      killing dreams and creativity... seriously, kudos to whoever made that change, it made bridgeburners vastly more interesting to me. I never used them before, and I can't wait to use them.

I'm on the same page as Sean. The nostalgia reminds me of the days (when we called him Arc XD) when the game first came out and we were all wild eyed and inspired. When it inspired so many creative juices. It's a great sign that almost all of everyone's issues with it so far boil down to word count. People's doubts and fears about the changes are mostly gone, and almost every issue will be solved by the companion book, because we all want MORE. We love it, and each of us has different ideas about what was left out that shouldn't have been, but.. that's an amazing sign. While some have some gripes about certain things, it looked like most of them knew the solution already. Most of us grok everything, and like a glamour addict, need a bigger fix XD

Seriously, huge kudos and mad respect to the team. It's bloody BRILLIANT and beautifully mad. I can't wait to solve my billing and bump up my pledge. I can't wait to get the colorful and prestige changeling book we all wanted (comparing green and white 1e versus dreaming 20 almost hurts sometimes)...I can't wait for the Durance to be over.

Ps. Please tell me some of the extra art budget was/will be spent on Stephanie Pui-Mun Law or Melissa Uran. Id give up an Icon to get more of them.
      Personally for art I think they should concider Clyde Caldwell and Larry Elmore.

Comment

• ...oh, we hit $123k already. So now we got a CtL2 jumpstart at hand.

Comment

• Looks like Courts will be added to the Companion at $130k.

CofD booklists:
          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            Looks like Courts will be added to the Companion at $130k.
            Yeeeeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!! My favourite stretch goal so far.

Comment

• My hype is gettng HYPED UP

Comment

• Wait so what are regalia, like the Mirror's regalia for the kithbook. I feel I am missing something.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Regalia are the six basic groups of Contracts. So AFAIK that Regalia sections added for the Kith stretch goals are Kiths focus on the same themes as the Regalia in question.

Comment

• Originally posted by AzrenOgre View Post
                    I may have already missed this part of the discussion, but do some of the changes to the kiths previewed seem strikingly different from anything in other games and in some cases needing a bit more information (looking at you Gristlegrinder). I hope that they will provide more information to clarify or maybe some tweeks to this before people just run around gulping down everything in sight.

Also, some of the concepts seem muddled to me.

Example: Ogres are creatures of violence. They escaped the hedge by forcing themselves on other things or other beings. They have been shaped by the violence inflicted on them sure, but they are typified by the fact that they used violence (and probably still use it) and it marked them. So why then is their Affinity Contract the Shield? I mean sure Ogres are probably tough but it is by inflicting their will on the resistant or the unwilling that they are defined, so wouldn't Sword make more sense?

Now I am still super excited about this project and I am backing it, but there are parts of this I wish I understood more.

I had the same problem with Ogres and Shield being a pair. I am also sad that kiths' aren't gaining bonuses based on Wyrd now. It feels similar to werewolf in that category- you had no reason to really raise it besides the Clash of Wills type of deals. And in this case, it also acts as a damage modifier against your Clarity, so I really don't see a good reason the average player will be raising it through the course of a normal game.

Comment

• Ogres make perfect sense as Shield if you read the 2e description without expecting it to be the same as 1e. Is this worth breaking out into another thread?

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                      An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                      Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

• I'm beginning to feel doubtful that we'll complete the kith book. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by E11even-E11even View Post
                          I'm beginning to feel doubtful that we'll complete the kith book. :/
                          We probably will. This is about when the doldrums hit, but the last three or four days there will be a huge push. I think that we'll get all six expansions.

CofD booklists:
                          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                            We probably will. This is about when the doldrums hit, but the last three or four days there will be a huge push. I think that we'll get all six expansions.
                            My fingers are crossed.

Comment

• ‚Äč
                              Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
                              Ogres make perfect sense as Shield if you read the 2e description without expecting it to be the same as 1e. Is this worth breaking out into another thread?
                              Which came first, the Ogre or the Shield? Was the Ogre section rewritten to reflect them as Shields, or were they given shields because of the write up? Just like the chicken and the egg, we'll...

Actually, genetically speaking, the egg came first. There was a mutation in a pre-chicken that didn't define the pre-chicken, and then got passed down to the first real chicken egg. Hmm....

I guess I don't really have a point. I just wanted to joke around about the chicken-egg thing.

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                              Do we need them? I mean, what if the first three chapters of the book are the missing regalia, and we're just expanding from three to six?

Comment

• Originally posted by MCN View Post

Do we need them? I mean, what if the first three chapters of the book are the missing regalia, and we're just expanding from three to six?
                                That would be cool if it were the case. I hope we can get some clarification on that, because it feels like it's been awhile since we've gotten to add a chapter.

Comment

Working...
                                X