Changeling Kickstarter Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E11even-E11even View Post
    That would be cool if it were the case. I hope we can get some clarification on that, because it feels like it's been awhile since we've gotten to add a chapter.
    We know that the book was going to exist even without the add-on chapters.

I have no idea what's going on with the book, but just saying it might be possible. I could also be totally wrong too
    Last edited by MCN; 12-04-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCN View Post
      We know that the book was going to exist even without the add-on chapters.

I have no idea what's going on with the book, but just saying it might be possible. I could also be totally wrong too
      Oh definitely. I still hope we can get some clarification on what's in the book, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCN View Post
        ​ Which came first, the Ogre or the Shield? Was the Ogre section rewritten to reflect them as Shields, or were they given shields because of the write up?
        Eh. I think there were signs this was where the Seeming concept was going, but I don't know how relevant they are now.

I started watching Leverage entirely because of this forum and it's hard to un-see the Seeming concepts in light of that.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
        An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
        Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

• Maybe I just skated over it in my reading, but I don't fully understand the role of Goblin queens in the setting. The concept is very cool but what exactly IS a goblin queen? Are they just another hobgoblin, just one that used to be mortal? Is there more to them than that? If the latter, then could you point me to the section where they're elaborated on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Gray View Post
            Maybe I just skated over it in my reading, but I don't fully understand the role of Goblin queens in the setting. The concept is very cool but what exactly IS a goblin queen? Are they just another hobgoblin, just one that used to be mortal? Is there more to them than that? If the latter, then could you point me to the section where they're elaborated on?
            http://theonyxpath.com/goblin-contra...ling-the-lost/

Get too much goblin debt, become a Hedge Denizen. Hedge Denizen is a condition.

To become a Goblin Queen either advance Hedge Denizen to the next stage, or become the heir of a Goblin Queen (to resolve and end the Goblin Queen Condition you can choose a child to inherit the condition, making them a Goblin Queen).

Comment

• Goblin Queens are one of two things... either they're a Changeling who got too in Goblin Debt and a few other things happened, OR they're a mortal (I think child only?) that Changeling kidnapped to take their place as the Queen. It's supposed to be kinda like the movie Labyrinth.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Thanks a lot guys, I guess I just didn't look through the changeling conditions. Wow, that looks really cool and I like the concept even more now. I am definitely going to make a recurring Goblin queen character for my campaign when I eventually run this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Gray View Post
                  Thanks a lot guys, I guess I just didn't look through the changeling conditions. Wow, that looks really cool and I like the concept even more now. I am definitely going to make a recurring Goblin queen character for my campaign when I eventually run this.
                  For the record, we've not gotten Conditions yet, so it makes sense how you "missed" this, since it really only mentions Hedge Denizen in the Goblin Debt part of Goblin Contracts being a thing. We should be getting the rest of it today though.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Fae Touched are amazing.

Comment

• And now with part four, we have rules for making Courts, Contracts, and Kiths. Have fun!

CofD booklists:
                      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by haren View Post
                        For the record, we've not gotten Conditions yet, so it makes sense how you "missed" this, since it really only mentions Hedge Denizen in the Goblin Debt part of Goblin Contracts being a thing. We should be getting the rest of it today though.
                        SPEAKING OF WHICH:

So the fourth and final part of the CtL2e corebook manuscript is out. It has:

Chapter 7: Storytelling

-Setting up a Chronicle
                        -Player Safety rules
                        -CUSTOMIZATION RULES:
                        1. Kiths
                        2. Courts & Mantles
                        3. Contracts
                        4. Goblin Contracts
                        Appendix 1: Fae-Touched

-Becoming Fae-touched
                        -Fae-touched in changeling society
                        -Example fae-touched
                        -Rules for creating and playing a fae-touched

Appendix 2: Equipment

Appendix 3: Tilts

Appendix 4: Conditions

Ok, NOW we can talk about CtL2's "create-a-___________" rules and how viable they are.

Comment

• Worth noting that the mechanics for how a Kith could let a Changeling fly are given a bit of an explanation. And good gods I want to see the Freehold of Prague now! Contagion Chronicle maybe?

CofD booklists:
                          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Customization rules are pretty much exactly what I feared them to be. They break down the necessary considerations well enough but ultimately a Storyteller is going to have be eyeballing a bunch of mechanics and hoping they didn't inadvertently create something too weak/powerful. Nothing here is crunchy or well defined enough to bypass the usual obstacles to implementing custom material.

Please don't take this to mean that I actively dislike the product as a whole, but all prior complaints stand. Maybe we'll get something better if we hit the corresponding stretch goal for the companion book.

Comment

• Fae Touched don't die early anymore, don't have Seemings anymore, instead getting a bonus die to rolls to keep her promise.

They start off with 2 common regalia contracts and can buy more, including Royal Contracts which can make them powerful eventually.

Automatic oath with their Changeling upon being reunited.

One beef I have with the new rules is there is side bar for having Fae Touched Retainers.

Also the Oath that makes one Fae Touched can be inherited, usually by family, creating the possibility of Fae Touched Families like Ghoul Families.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4th Preview
                                A Beast is an animal to her core, but a Hunterheart exhibits only those animal traits that make her a better hunter.
                                I've said it before... but there are inconsistencies with how Seeming and Kith is presented in this book.

It's annoying. Well, regardless when I run this, I'm going to rule it that a beast is not just a literal animal (but can be).

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Working...
                                X