No announcement yet.

Changeling Kickstarter Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone mentioned yet the near-pun of Pledging to the CtL2e Kickstarter?

Cause it took me a month to see how fittingly coincidental that is.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
      Has anyone mentioned yet the near-pun of Pledging to the CtL2e Kickstarter?

Cause it took me a month to see how fittingly coincidental that is.
      I hadn't thought of that, it is fitting. Anyways.

"KITH & KIN - Together, we've unlocked 5 of 6 regalia-themed additions, adding more kith and options for your Changeling: The Lost second edition game. This PDF supplement will also include other kiths that don't fall into any of those categories, as well as some information about Contracts of other- or no-Regalia and striking deals to learn them, advice and best practices for players, and more about the everyday lives of fae beings in general."

I knew this was collectively too much money to be just a book of just Kiths. So we will get a ton of kiths, but also new contracts, including alternate regalia and none regalia based contracts and rules for making those kinds of deals. A look into the day to day life of the fae, advice for players and so on. So Kith and Kin is both a book of Kiths, but also a Player's Guide kind of book.

"CHANGELING: THE LOST 2nd Edition COMPANION - Want more rules, examples, options, and inspiration? Over the course of the campaign, we've added three sections (so far -*entitlements, freeholds, courts) to this PDF supplement, which will update Entitlements for 2e and give some examples. It will discuss the ins-and-outs of what a freehold does day-to-day and how it can be structured, and provide some more example freeholds with expanded setting information and story hooks (maybe with some NPCs!) The supplement will also expand on courts, including some information on making Bargains with new court patrons, and on expanding the role and function of Mantles. And of course, more example courts, including Mantles, Contracts, and other mechanics to go along with them. Again, this PDF supplement will be a bonus reward to all backers receiving a PDF version of the second edition Core Rules.'

So we will be getting rules for Entitlements, with some some actual entitlements, new Freeholds settings including NPCs maybe, an insight into day to day functions and roles in a freehold, new Courts including Contracts/Bargains/Mantle, and interestingly bargaining with new Court Patrons.

Anyone else notice that so far the Changeling Companion has a political organization theme, Freeholds, Courts, Entitlements are the political organizations that none loyalist Changelings organize themselves into.
      Last edited by Omegaphallic; 12-13-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• And we've hit $155k: the Goblins will open the Market once again for the Arcadian Memories bundle.

Comment

• We hit 157,000 Victorian Lost will be added to the Arcadian Memories Bundle. If the next 12 hours equals the last 12 hours (which generated over $9,000) we would get Tokens Chapter for the Companion.

Comment

• AND we hit Victorian Lost now! So we head to Tokens as $165k goal in 12 hours till KS end! I think it's doable to get Tokens chapter in Companion - we hit $7k in less than 14 hours - and we know closer to end, larger the spending. Who knows - maybe I will rise my pledge to get this Arcadian Memories bundle in the end...
            P.S. In time of writing this post I saw we got extra $300 so I think it's more doable.
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-14-2017, 01:05 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games
            Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
            Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
            Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
            My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
              We hit 157,000 Victorian Lost will be added to the Arcadian Memories Bundle. If the next 12 hours equals the last 12 hours (which generated over $9,000) we would get Tokens Chapter for the Companion.
              That's through the night, homie.

Comment

• Originally posted by E11even-E11even View Post

Eh, timezones being what they are and having a couple of nightbirds and/or early birds around here could bump it up. I admit, I don't know about an additional $8k bump up, but we'll see. We did have a lot of belief there was no way we were getting all six Regalia kiths in the Kith and Kin book.

~the Wyrd works in mysterious ways after all~
                Last edited by tasti man LH; 12-14-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by E11even-E11even View Post

Pick a CofD Kickstarter. Compare the final 12 hours of Kicktraq's daily data (aka the last "day") to the preceding 24 hours. The last 12 hours is always off the wall when it comes to pledges.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• ... and we raised $550 from Victorian Lost level in less than 30 minutes! I think Tokens goal is doing well, guys.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                      ... and we raised $550 from Victorian Lost level in less than 30 minutes! I think Tokens goal is doing well, guys.
                      We need $666.66 per hour for the rest of kickstarter to achieve Tokens in the Companion.

Originally posted by E11even-E11even View Post

This is Global, its always day somewhere in the world.
                      Last edited by Omegaphallic; 12-14-2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• To be honest... while getting Tokens added to the Companion would be sweet... i will still be satisfied with what we have already achieved.

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
                        I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowstripe View Post
                          To be honest... while getting Tokens added to the Companion would be sweet... i will still be satisfied with what we have already achieved.
                          Same. I personally feel like I can rest easier now that all six Regalia kiths will be available and represented in Kith and Kin. Anything else at this point is just icing in the sweet goblin fruit cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Same. I personally feel like I can rest easier now that all six Regalia kiths will be available and represented in Kith and Kin. Anything else at this point is just icing in the sweet goblin fruit cake.
                            If we keep on growing at the current rate we could achieve Tokens. It looks like my fears we needless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                              It looks like my fears we needless.
                              They were needless - we are 9 hours till end and are at $158,811, rising each five minutes. So I think we will hit Tokens goal before the end of KS.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Kicktraq projections are now a low of $160,548 to a high $166,771.

Comment

Working...
                                X