No announcement yet.

Changeling Kickstarter Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, the hype does indeed appear to be real.

Comment

• Rose, there will be in the future some update of the seeming, court and contract rules from Dark Eras to make them compatible with final rules? It shouldn't need to be in a book, a blog post would be enough.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

• Originally posted by Uxas View Post
        Rose, there will be in the future some update of the seeming, court and contract rules from Dark Eras to make them compatible with final rules? It shouldn't need to be in a book, a blog post would be enough.
        This would make me very happy.

CofD booklists:
        Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• So, an observation. In less than 12 hours, Changeling 2e has raised more money than the entirety of Dark Eras 2. Part of that is because we have at least part of the manuscript this time around, we know the entire text is completed, so more people are willing to back the project. I think the other important observation is the power of anticipation. With DE2, the turnaround was so fast between when we found out that planning had started to the kickstarter launching that no anticipation was able to build up. On top of that, the first dark eras kickstarter had only just completed, where as for changeling it has being while. Plus, changeling already has an image in the ticker on the main page, something DE2 never got.

Now, I'm not suggesting that all that we should wait another five years before having another Dark Eras kickstarter. I'm just hoping that the message that this kickstarter gives about dark eras isn't that they aren't profitable, but that next time it might need some time to sink in before the kickstarter launches. I absolutely adore those books, and I'm hoping that Dark Eras 3 is still in the cards somewhere after the dark shards project gets released. Only time will tell.

CofD booklists:

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            So, an observation. In less than 12 hours, Changeling 2e has raised more money than the entirety of Dark Eras 2. Part of that is because we have at least part of the manuscript this time around, we know the entire text is completed, so more people are willing to back the project. I think the other important observation is the power of anticipation. With DE2, the turnaround was so fast between when we found out that planning had started to the kickstarter launching that no anticipation was able to build up. On top of that, the first dark eras kickstarter had only just completed, where as for changeling it has being while. Plus, changeling already has an image in the ticker on the main page, something DE2 never got.

Now, I'm not suggesting that all that we should wait another five years before having another Dark Eras kickstarter. I'm just hoping that the message that this kickstarter gives about dark eras isn't that they aren't profitable, but that next time it might need some time to sink in before the kickstarter launches. I absolutely adore those books, and I'm hoping that Dark Eras 3 is still in the cards somewhere after the dark shards project gets released. Only time will tell.
            There is a necessary qualifier to keep in mind here: Changeling is fucking popular.

That said, this message is still correct.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
            Work Blog Coming Soon
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
              There is a necessary qualifier to keep in mind here: Changeling is fucking popular.

That said, this message is still correct.
              Oh, there is totally that too! And crossovers are much less popular. All of that still points to my same thesis though... please don't give up on Dark Eras just based on a straight number crunch of these two kickstarters.

On that note, $575 to the next stretch goal.

CofD booklists:

Comment

• BAM. Stretch Goal 2

Comment

• Also, new stretch goal at $88,000 for "rules, suggestions, and further discussion" on Freeholds for the Changeling Companion.

Comment

• I strongly desire that

Comment

• Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
                      What was the curse again? I can't find the preview.
                      They suffer Clarity damage if an ally is hurt by their schemes.

In other words, a Fairest who acts like a Keeper quickly starts going as mad as one. On the other hand, they could just not trust anyone, but that's hardly a way to live...

Also, I just realized Mirror Men are apparently a major thing. Am I correct in assuming they are a major faction of hobgoblin, maybe a reason changelings hide themselves? Sounds like they may spawn from mortals affected by Lost magic that hurts their Integrity.

Comment

• Something else I like about the Fairest is that while their bonus makes them great as support characters, a Fairest could actually contract (if you'll pardon the pun) her power to improve a particular person's efforts, bolstering them with her own willpower. Naturally you'd not want to do this to your own motley, but that could do quite well for mercenary work.

Comment

• Rose Bailey Might I make a small suggestion. For the Spring Court's Give and Take; rather than requiring the Keeper or it's minion to desire the Changeling, make it so that the Changeling must desire the Keeper or it's minion.

As it stands there's nothing that forces the antagonists to play to Spring's strengths, the Keeper either cannot attack, or it can and is free to do so in any way. This reversal will force the antagonists to use social combat as they disguise themselves as someone harmless and try to stoke the Changeling's desires. If Spring uses their social-fu to see through the ruse they're safe or may get a free first blow.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                          My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                          Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

• So, I just pledged 50 $ to support the Kickstarter and get my hardcover version. However, I was wondering why I didn't need to give a shipping adress? This is my first Kickstarter, so I may just have missed something but I suppose that OPP would need a shipping adress to actually ship a hardcover version of the book.

Can someone help me here? I just want to make sure I actually get my book eventually because 50 $ + 20 $ shipping is a lot of money.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently kickstarter doesn't accept my credit card for some unknown reason. Guess I can't actually pledge anything.
                            Last edited by Dragotarify; 11-15-2017, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragotarify View Post
                              So, I just pledged 50 $ to support the Kickstarter and get my hardcover version. However, I was wondering why I didn't need to give a shipping adress? This is my first Kickstarter, so I may just have missed something but I suppose that OPP would need a shipping adress to actually ship a hardcover version of the book.
                              You give Shipping Address at the KS end, when you confirm your Pledge and money are to move to OPP. RichT will send you nice poll to ask about your address and confirm what you will want to get, in the end.

Originally posted by Dragotarify View Post
                              Can someone help me here? I just want to make sure I actually get my book eventually because 50 $ + 20 $ shipping is a lot of money.
                              ​Ask RichT, as he is KS manager of OPP and will know all the detail.

Originally posted by Dragotarify View Post
                              EDIT: Never mind, apparently kickstarter doesn't accept my credit card for some unknown reason. Guess I can't actually pledge anything.
                              Check if you card do not have set transactions limits on Internet shopping. If yes, change them to be not 0$ on those sums, best circa 100$ if you support over 50$.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
                              My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

• The Book of Kiths should be a possible add on for those going strictly digital, I live in Canada and I don't want to get brutalized by both the shipping and exchange rate for going physical copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X