X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Omegaphallic
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

The whole book will be in the backer previews. Those will be in the third week. We'll also do one or more settings as public previews. (Caveat on that, though -- I'm gonna want to lead with Tumbledown Market, which people who follow the blog have already seen. I'm just really in love with that one and want to share it with the larger KS update audience.)

I think I mentioned this before, but the settings are:
    • Eighty-Nine Dreams of Home, Hong Kong (the Societies of Morning, Day, and Night)
    • The Council of Elves, Reykjavik (the four seasons, but not as you know them)
    • Hard-a-Lee, Massachusetts (the Courts of High Tide, Ebb Tide, Low Tide, and Flood Tide)
    • Tumbledown Market, New Orleans and other linked locations (the Courts of Coin, Barter, Favors, and Shady Deals)
    What happened to Miami and Toronto Freeholds, I mean Toronto is still in the Anthology, so I thought it was still in as a setting for the core???

Comment

• Rose Bailey
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

What happened to Miami and Toronto Freeholds, I mean Toronto is still in the Anthology, so I thought it was still in as a setting for the core???
      Miami and Toronto are not in the core book, but may appear later.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator
      Retired CofD Lead

Check out my guides to Vampire and my indie games!

Comment

• PenDragon
        • Nov 2013

I'm afraid to say I'm pretty disappointed with the smattering of Kiths, and the return to four seasonal courts. I'm sincerely hoping Contracts haven't followed suit.

Onyx Path Moderator
        Mod Voice is RED*
        *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
        Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• Rose Bailey
          • Oct 2013

Contracts had a pretty extensive preview on the blog, if you want to look that over.

There's support for custom courts with custom mantles, and each of the sample settings has its own courts.

Retired CofD Lead

Comment

• Charlaquin
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by MCN View Post
            @Charlaquin There's a couple mechanics that references Clarity. There's a couple that say "you risk Clarity damage," which I originally presumed to mean "roll for a breaking point" in different language. Then, I saw a bit that talked about taking mild Clarity damage and severe Clarity damage. Don't know if that perks your interest or not.
            Yeah, I have heard here and there that Clarity works like a health track, and I really dont like the sound of that. I would like to see the full context before coming to any conclusions, but everything I’ve heard about it so far has only reminded me of everything I dislike about Sanity systems in other games, particularly those influenced by Call of Cthulhu.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Omegaphallic
              • Feb 2014

Miami and Toronto are not in the core book, but may appear later.
              I hope so, I'm really upset they aren't there, perhaps those courts would be perfect for the companion.

Comment

• Rose Bailey
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                Yeah, I have heard here and there that Clarity works like a health track, and I really dont like the sound of that. I would like to see the full context before coming to any conclusions, but everything I’ve heard about it so far has only reminded me of everything I dislike about Sanity systems in other games, particularly those influenced by Call of Cthulhu.
                It's definitely not Sanity, or, for that matter, sanity. It's also not Integrity or Morality. But there's not much more detail I can give before the preview gets put up -- I posted above about what it means, and you'll see the roll-by-roll stuff in a bit.

Retired CofD Lead

Comment

• PenDragon
                  • Nov 2013

Contracts had a pretty extensive preview on the blog, if you want to look that over.

There's support for custom courts with custom mantles, and each of the sample settings has its own courts.
                  Excellent news! Here's hoping for 5x the number of Kiths. (Though I totally get the limit, word count being what it is)

Onyx Path Moderator
                  Mod Voice is RED*
                  *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                  Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• The Kings Raven
                    • Nov 2013

I've only skimmed here and there but overall I like what I'm seeing. While I liked the concept of your Seeming being how you escaped rather than what your Keeper did to you, I have to admit the new write ups feel more flexible. The previous set felt like a specific charachter rather than a foundation. I think the physical decscriptions of Wizened fit much better than the old cyborg ones. I'm still hopeful that one day there will be a damsel in distress kith who's blessing helps convince others that they are innocnent, harmless, and should be rescued (truthfully or to trick them). The Notary Kith was a pretty awesome addition, I'm hoping at some point there'll be some mechanics for a Notary using the specific pledge they represent against their keeper.

The give and take for the Courts were also a step up from the old Approaches. Approaches gave points to Huntsmen, but nothing stopped a Huntsman taking it's full starting pool and going straight for the capture. Autumn and Winter were particularly good, since they forced the Gentry to play to the Changling Court's strength. Autumn gets plenty of time to hit the books, and since Winter inflicts a horrible disadvantage in open combat the Gentry are all but forced to try and catch changelings alone in dark alleyways - and Winter plays that game well. Spring and Summer didn't capture me the same way. Spring controls when the Gentry/Huntsmen/Loyalists are aloud to attack, but doesn't change the methods they can use after they make their move. Summer feels like it would discourage open conflicts in favour of striking isolated weak targets, but on the other hand we haven't seen the mechanics for Gentry and Huntsman yet. If there's plenty of ways for them to escape then this becomes a useful bonus, even if not specifically a bonus about not being abducted again.

The Hedge seemed solid, but I'd like to see mechanics on that.

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
                    I'm afraid to say I'm pretty disappointed with the smattering of Kiths.
                    What would you have liked to see differently? Or was it just not enough Kiths for your taste?

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                    My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                    Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

• Bluegrass Beast
                      • Mar 2016

Might someone at least confirm if Seeming and Kith are still separate ala Underhill? Because if we're back to the 1e mold, that's a solid pass from me even at full-release.

Comment

• emmens
                        • Aug 2016

backer numer 537. right now I'm only to chapter one in the preview. I'm getting the feelings I got from when I read up the 1st edition that first time so far, hopefully it continues.

Comment

• The Kings Raven
                          • Nov 2013

It looks like they're separate.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
                          My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
                          Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

• xiongrey
                            • Nov 2013

I like the Fairest Curse.

A Lot.

Actually I like all of them, but the Fairest Curse is. Well it's good.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• MrParaduo
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                              I like the Fairest Curse.

A Lot.

Actually I like all of them, but the Fairest Curse is. Well it's good.
                              What was the curse again? I can't find the preview.

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
                              WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
                              and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

• MhicWombat
                                • Mar 2015

I've kicked in. My comments will wait until I actually see something. All I can say is that C:TL was my favourite NWoD game and I don't expect that I will be disappointed in the 2nd ed. ☺

Comment

Working...