[2E] Kith Conversion (Homebrew)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
    Second Chances I like your Grey writeup a good deal; my suggestion for it would be to simply make the Kith Blessing into a roll using a Science specialty, like the Artist kith uses Crafts Specialties. I'm sure there's a better way of granting the Telepathy merit without actually making it the merit itself, but as far as abilities goes it works.
    I had that exact comment in there for a while, but it didn't quite fit the way I wanted it to. When I think of Greys in terms of technology, I don't think of all around good scientists. I think of cutting edge, bizarre, and improbable devices, so having a general science blessing didn't seem right. I wanted something that made the Grey feel other worldly and familiar. Plus, as a science teacher, I feel like the science speciality blessing should go to a kith that feels more down to earth, so to speaks.

As for the merit you're absolutely right, but as I said, I based this on a pretty much straight conversion from Underhill. I just adapted the mechanic from there, so since it referenced the Telepathy merit, so did I. But thanks for the feedback! It is appreciated!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Honestly if we ever get a more detailed Kith builder, "Pick a three dots of supernatural merits and swap in a glamour cost" seems like a half-way decent baseline for a number of archetypes.

Comment

Here is one I posted a while ago...This is the final version.
        It is the screams of the children I remember most. The smell of cooked human flesh is exactly like that of pork. I remember them, their faces as they burned, as they screamed and begged for mercy. It is something that haunts me every time. How do I deal with it? For starters...I don’t eat pork.
        Sometimes the gentry just need to quell a rebellion, destroy a neighbor, or incinerate a hobgoblin village. When they need such an engine of destruction they make an Efreet. These power houses are made from those who have strong burning tempers, not always ones that explode fast but that can build up over time into raging infernos. A passionate personality is required as well. These changelings become avatars of carnage, and flame and when set loose upon their targets leave only ash in their wake.
        Fairest: An exotic muscular figure with reddish skin and small horns, who when exited or angered seems to be aglow from within.
        Ogre: A beastial figure of claws, rage, horns, and flame. It’s face that of a predator, and yet very expressive almost human.
        Blessing
        When using Craft to demolish a building or other inanimate object, an exceptional success is gained on 3 successes instead of the usual 5.
        Burning Wrath - By spending a point of glamour the Efreet can turn their burning wrath into a an explosive fireball. This fireball may be thrown as per grenade rules and has the same range as an aerodynamic thrown weapon. The explosion has a damage of wyrd or 5 which ever is lower, a blast radius of 2x stamina and a force of strength.

Comment

I really like the Blessing HaplessWithDice . My gut says that Burning Wrath is maybe a LITTLE powerful, but... I'm not sure how I'd change it. It's just 1-10 aggravated damage at ground zero. But then again, I suppose it requires both Stamina and Strength for effectiveness. Part of me wonders if maybe it's high level of power would make people hesitate to use it, due to collateral damage and the possibility of friendly fire. My suggestion (made with a lot of thought and referencing Hurt Locker and core) is maybe remove the Force and instead add the Incendiary tag.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

Idea: White Oak Dragon, maybe you will link full list of 1E Kiths in Opening Post so people would know what source to look for original Kith - or if their idea has canonical name in 1E.

LGBT+ in CoD games
            Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
            Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
            Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
            My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              Idea: White Oak Dragon, maybe you will link http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Kiths"]full list of 1E Kiths[/URL] in Opening Post so people would know what source to look for original Kith - or if their idea has canonical name in 1E.
              That's not a bad idea. I can't take care of that right now, but I will later. Today, I've got a wedding to attend!

Jason Ross Inczauskis
              Freelance Writer
              Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, TC In Media Res
              Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Hmmm, you know, I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't have a "request list" somewhere so people can look through and see if they have inspiration with something someone else needs.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

Originally posted by haren View Post
                  Hmmm, you know, I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't have a "request list" somewhere so people can look through and see if they have inspiration with something someone else needs.
                  Opening Post seems to be good place - with joined Google Docs for marked those Kiths are done - and link to their post in topic.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Another idea White Oak Dragon , along with a list of 1st ed Kiths on the first post, but also the page number where they are written up on the topic.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Originally posted by xiongrey View Post
                      Another idea White Oak Dragon , along with a list of 1st ed Kiths on the first post, but also the page number where they are written up on the topic.
                      That's not a bad idea, either, although I'd need to decide how I'd go about it. Mostly because it would be easy for multiple people to update the same kiths.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
                      Freelance Writer
                      Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

That's not a bad idea, either, although I'd need to decide how I'd go about it. Mostly because it would be easy for multiple people to update the same kiths.
                        Google Docs structure like this:

Kith 1 - 1E concept sum up
                        Link-to-post 1
                        Link-to-post 2
                        Link-to-post 3

Kith 2 - 1E concept sum up
                        Link-to-post 1
                        Link-to-post 2

Etc?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Google Docs structure like this:

Kith 1 - 1E concept sum up
                          Link-to-post 1
                          Link-to-post 2
                          Link-to-post 3

Kith 2 - 1E concept sum up
                          Link-to-post 1
                          Link-to-post 2

Etc?
                          With roughly 100 kiths and counting, I think that creating and maintaining such a list would probably require more time than I could spare if I intend to continue writing. If someone else would be willing to do so, though, I could gladly link to it in the initial post.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
                          Freelance Writer

Comment

I think you just really need to start Google Docs and link it to Opening Post - each user could post his own materials, don't they? I can make 1E Kiths list on weekend for you, if need help.
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-12-2017, 06:36 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I think you just really need to start Google Docs and link it to Opening Post - each user could post his own materials, don't they? I can make 1E Kiths list on weekend for you, if need help.
                              Go for it, Wyrd. That would be quite helpful.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
                              Freelance Writer

Comment

Originally posted by haren View Post
                                If you guys do set up such a page, can I request Cleareyes? In the past, I found the Underhill version of that Kith really useful for a character idea I had. However, in trying to homebrew a version to use until the kith book arrives, not only am I having conflicting issues of "keeping it as close to the Underhill version as possible" and "not making it horribly unbalanced," but I'm also at a loss for the skill portion of the kith due to the closest roll related to it, Perception, not being a skill roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X