[2E] Kith Conversion (Homebrew)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aquatica1000 View Post

If you guys do set up such a page, can I request Cleareyes? In the past, I found the Underhill version of that Kith really useful for a character idea I had. However, in trying to homebrew a version to use until the kith book arrives, not only am I having conflicting issues of "keeping it as close to the Underhill version as possible" and "not making it horribly unbalanced," but I'm also at a loss for the skill portion of the kith due to the closest roll related to it, Perception, not being a skill roll.
    I'd go with Investigation rolls involving their keenest sense as far as the Skill goes

Jason Ross Inczauskis
    Freelance Writer
    Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, TC In Media Res
    Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

An attempt at the Oracle for a friend, though he doesn't need it, I figure doesn't hurt

Oracle

The future is an open book, but most are too wise or fearful to open it and gaze upon its pages.

The legends of oracles and seers are ancient ones, and it is said among the first to be Taken were those made to read the future for their Gentry Masters and Mistresses. Some say that is because among those first pledges made with Arcadia, were pacts for the True Fae to bring those who would speak with the voice of the land while listening to the songs of the stars. And so the Oracles first came into being. They were the captive guides that gave Good Folk the edge in the games they play with each other, hobgoblins, or even those who are or were human once.

The thing that marks all Oracles is their sense of Otherness, even among changelings. They speak with voices that seem not their own, see stars reflected in their eyes even under a clouded sky or in daytime or perhaps their eyes seem cloudy despite their clear vision. They are the old hag Ogre, devouring the unwise. The beautiful Fairest seer bound over a smoking pit. The Wizened scribbling fortunes and truths across every wall or even their own skin. The flight of birds that lands on a Fair One's shoulder or nearby that they might whisper wisdom into his ear. The cave where crash of wave and howl of wind seem to inspire those who listen to the eerie song they give. Or even the Darkling who steals wisdom as seeds and fruits to eat and mindlessly speak out truths in a trance.

Kith Blessing: When using Persuasion to convince others to believe in the future they saw, the Oracle gets an Exceptional Success on 3 successes instead of 5.

Eye of Omens:The changeling may spend a point of Glamour, take a single die mild Clarity Attack, and roll Wits + Occult to cause the world to reveal its omens to her. This can take any form from a flight of birds rising up to her breathing onto a mirror or glass and reading the future in the hoarfrost her breath causes. Each success allows the Oracle to ask one of the questions below:
      • Is this path (for herself or others) doomed to ruin?
      • What tools might bring about success on this path?
      • Who has yet to show themselves as part of the current situation?
      • Who can change this path's course most for weal or woe?
      • What can I expect to gain should I succeed?
      • What do I risk losing on failure?
      On an exceptional success, the changeling may also ask one of these questions per success over 4:
      • What change can I make to most ensure my victory?
      • What risks must I take to gain more out of my victory?
      • How might I doom my foes the most on my victory?
      • What elements of the situation does no one else notice?
      Most Oracles always ask one particular question first. Even if they only have one, it's the answer they always look to. Such is the origin of seers who only speak of doom and ruin.
      Last edited by haren; 12-12-2017, 06:47 PM. Reason: Minor flavor change on advice from non-forum friend

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

I prepared Kiths list - you just write your version as post link, like in first examples from Beast Seeming Kiths list. Anyone having link can edit it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

LGBT+ in CoD games
        Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
        Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
        Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
        My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          I prepared Kiths list - you just write your version as post link, like in first examples from Beast Seeming Kiths list. Anyone having link can edit it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Already added my own, though I didn't want to step on anyones' feet by adding theirs.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

Comment

I have updated the opening post with (hopefully) helpful links. I have also added the first draft of my guide to kith creation, and feedback is quite welcome. The full write-ups of the Windwing and Honeysoul kiths will be added later. For now, I hope this is helpful.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
            Freelance Writer
            Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Do you guys think spending Glamour to see Ghosts is enough for the Gravewright Kith Ability? I was considering adding some sort of bonus to interactions with Ghosts and other kinds of restless dead.
              As for the Gravewright Blessing, I thought it would come into effect on Occult actions involving the restless dead.

Side note: How would you go about doing Dual Kiths in 2e? So many of my character concepts basically revolve around that.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post
                Do you guys think spending Glamour to see Ghosts is enough for the Gravewright Kith Ability? I was considering adding some sort of bonus to interactions with Ghosts and other kinds of restless dead.
                As for the Gravewright Blessing, I thought it would come into effect on Occult actions involving the restless dead.

Side note: How would you go about doing Dual Kiths in 2e? So many of my character concepts basically revolve around that.
                My initial thought on Dual Kith would be to make it a minimum of a three dot Merit, with the drawback of the skill benefit for both kiths only giving an exceptional success on four successes.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
                Freelance Writer

Comment

Although this one is called Swimmerskin, in the spirit of killing multiple avians with solitary projectiles, it should also be a good stand-in for the Waterborn Elemental kith and the Water-Dweller Ogre kith.

Swimmerskin

Oh yeah? Why don't you jump in here and say that?

The sea is many things: beautiful, mysterious, dangerous, unfathomably vast. It should come as no surprise that many of the Gentry feel an attraction to the water. Changelings with the Swimmerskin kith may have served their durances as pearl divers on the sea floor of a Fae sea, as the creatures that lurk below the waves, or as the waves themselves.

A majority of Swimmerskins are at their most comfortable in the water, but many tend to avoid the depths except in case of dire emergency.

Beast: He might almost be attractive, with his lean body and scintillating green scales, but his webbed fingers and faint fishy smell have made it hard to find romance in the freehold. Not for lack of trying, though.

Elemental: She constantly looks like she just stepped out of a rainstorm, her hair bedraggled and her soaked clothes leaving wet footprints in her wake. When she smiles, which is rarely, her teeth are tiny chips of beach glass.

Kith Blessing: When the Swimmerskin uses Athletics to swim, achieving three successes counts as an exceptional success.

Born to the Water: A Swimmerskin is capable of remaining underwater for far longer than an average mortal. When submerged in water, the Swimmerskin can hold her breath for thirty minutes before making any rolls to avoid drowning. Furthermore, she can spend one Glamour to remain submerged indefinitely; however, this effect ends as soon as her head breaks the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post

I agree with White Oak Dragon on Dual Kiths. As to Gravewight, I think it's far too weak a benefit on its own.

Comment

I would love feedback on my Woodblood and Cleareyes

Woodblood
                      Did you hear the one about the woodcutter who didn’t know when to stop? Nature always finds a way.
                      Instead of blood, sap slowly works its way through Woodbloods’ veins. Their hair is leaves, their skin bark. Some were taken to be magnificent topiaries, while others were the most beautiful thorned roses. Any Fae can create plants out of glamour and dreams, but the exquisitely solid flesh of a human made into an ornament offers something no dream can. Humans can actually grow. And when they’re trimmed back, they scream in such a delectable way.

The True Fae seek out humans who are patient and know how to play the long game to achieve their goals to become their prized plants. These are people who are willing to plant the seeds of their success, then watch and tend their development over time. Such a person is sure to offer the juiciest fruits of their labours, the most superb flowers.
                      To escape Arcadia, some Woodbloods had to literally uproot themselves, deciding on a sudden drastic change in their lives. Others hid their roots deep in the earth, stretching slowly but surely towards the gate of their garden, and from there to the Hedge beyond. There are also those who convinced the hobs tending them to dig them up in exchange for the rarest of fruits that they and the Hedge can provide.

In Freeholds, Woodbloods make excellent sentinels, as they have the patience necessary to wait and watch for any threat that may come.

Beast: Leaves smooth all over this changeling like a perfectly cropped topiary or lawn. Branches thrust from their bushy brow, creating towering antlers. Their eyes are two rowan berries, bright red and always open.
                      Elemental: A shambling mound of fungi and moss that resembles nothing other than if a forest floor decided to get up and walk away.

Kith Blessing: When the Woodblood uses Survival to identify, scavenge, care for, or harvest plants (including Goblin Fruit), achieving three successes counts as an exceptional success.

Fade into Foliage: Spend a glamour and roll Stamina + Stealth + Wyrd as a reflexive action to take the form of any plant of at least Size 3. While in this form, the Woodblood is indistinguishable from a natural plant of the chosen type, though observers may notice that a plant has appeared where none was before. As a plant, the Woodblood cannot move, but maintains their full senses. Any attempt to detect them through supernatural means provokes a Clash of Wills. The Woodblood can end this effect at any time as a reflexive action.

Cleareyes

I see you.
                      When the True Fae seek a Cleareyes, they find people who pay attention to details and notice their physical existence. Tragically, many of these aesthetic souls were locked away in blank room in a tall tower, with a single porthole through which they had to watch for enemies of their Keeper. Others stalked as the foxhounds and hunting birds of True Fae hunters, constantly seeking out the signs of potential prey. Some poor souls were locked away in complete darkness. It wasn’t until they could hear the impossible sound of rocks growing that they could find the hidden exit to their prison.

Beast: The eyes and feathers of an eagle and the maw and ears of a wolf combine into a human griffin. Massive compound eyes and waving antennae adorn the top of an otherwise normal looking person.
                      Ogre: Cyclops can smell anyone near them; the Hundred Handed One can see in all directions; The golem of mud and stone can feel the vibrations of footsteps through the floor.

Kith Blessing: When the Cleareyes rolls Wits + Composure to sense beings who mean them harm, achieving three successes counts as an exceptional success.

Primal Senses: A Cleareyes can hyper focus their senses. Spend a glamour and roll Wits + Investigation to heighten a specific sense. The Cleareyes may be able to see a license plate clearly from down the street, hear a moth fly by, or smell a particular person in a crowd. The Cleareyes may instead sharpen their awareness of their immediate surroundings and gain an effective 360 degree sensory awareness of stimuli within a short range. They might see a person running up behind them, feel the breezes disturbed by a mosquito taking off their skin, or hear the heartbeat of someone close by. While a Cleareyes has any heightened sense, they risk harming themselves from sudden intense stimuli. They may gain the Blinded, Deafened, or Insensate Tilts in response to a bright flash of light if they have heightened sight, or to a gunshot if they have heightened hearing.
                      Last edited by gedgaroo; 12-23-2017, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Anyone has an idea for the trickery part of the Treasured Kith from 1E?

I was thinking to have stealth when immobile as the skill, but updating the blessing is leaving me with a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by De_K47 View Post
                          Anyone has an idea for the trickery part of the Treasured Kith from 1E?

I was thinking to have stealth when immobile as the skill, but updating the blessing is leaving me with a headache.
                          I think you could get away with just reusing the Alabaster Fortitude Blessing, which allows them to, once a scene, pay a glamour to reroll a failed Resistance stat roll (except for certain Clarity-related rolls).

I would personally take a hint from their role as "valuable possessions" and for that I have two ideas.

1) Pay a glamour to gain or upgrade the Striking Looks Merit for the rest of the scene.

2) Pay a glamour to inflict some sort of Obsessed Condition on someone looking at them for the rest of the scene. I'm unsure how the Condition would manifest, but it would be centered on the Changeling and be as risky to use as it is powerful. I was considering Obsession("Owning" the Treasured), but I'm unsure how the Treasured could semi-reliably turn that goal to their advantage.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Anyone got a recommendation for Coyote's (Winter Masque pg. 107) Blessing? I wanted to make a kith representing them, hyena spirits, Tanuki, Kitsune, etc. Prototyping it under "Laughing Stranger", but don't want their power being a generic stat boost or attribute discount. So far all I can think of is making their flesh elastic (like with 1e's Mirror Contract: Odd Body) or making a trick where they can fake success to anyone watching them. Attribute + Subterfuge + Wyrd, (Manipulation or Stamina?)

Please help me. :'3

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
                            WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
                            and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

The tentative version of the Coyote I jotted down applies its Blessing to uses of Subterfuge to convince someone they are trustworthy, and their power allows them to spend a point of Glamour to improve their impression level by one when starting Social Manuevering. One of these should probably only apply when you first meet someone, but I'm uncertain.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

I think you could get away with just reusing the Alabaster Fortitude Blessing, which allows them to, once a scene, pay a glamour to reroll a failed Resistance stat roll (except for certain Clarity-related rolls).

I would personally take a hint from their role as "valuable possessions" and for that I have two ideas.

2) Pay a glamour to inflict some sort of Obsessed Condition on someone looking at them for the rest of the scene. I'm unsure how the Condition would manifest, but it would be centered on the Changeling and be as risky to use as it is powerful. I was considering Obsession("Owning" the Treasured), but I'm unsure how the Treasured could semi-reliably turn that goal to their advantage.
                                This option (2) is the more unique. As to usefulness? Well let's assume the character/player is comfortable with a "grab the spotlight" power. From that point, at least for the subject of the power, they would have a) a lot of trouble focusing on other aspirations and scene objectives--your Treasured becomes the obsessive focus of their attention, to a fully stalker-ish degree if necessary, and b) the subject of the power would be easier for the Treasured to manipulate directly, especially if doing so involves them obtaining "ownership" or control over the Treasured.

This would also greatly incline the subject to avoid harming the Treasured... and having an on-demand "don't let me get hurt" button (with, ehem, social/freedom drawbacks at least in the short-term) is handy for both players and storytellers.

So, yes, it's a reliable advantage, assuming the Treasured is keen on worming their way out of such attention on a frequent basis.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
                                X