[2E] Homebrew Courts and Freeholds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally like the last one best.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• I like the first one personally

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• What about these for the Empyreal Court?

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
        WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
        and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

• Lower left hand one, 100%

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

Comment

• Originally posted by haren View Post
            Lower left hand one, 100%
            Wished it was cropped, for the sake of presentation. Any recommendations for an alternative?

and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

• Upper right, if you need an alternative.

Comment

• Originally posted by haren View Post
                Upper right, if you need an alternative.
                Don't be afraid to offer images. The one's I've shown here are just what I could find at the mo.

Comment

• tasti man LH , Amazing job updating the First Post!!! This thread is an awesome resource!

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Going to add this to my document a bit later (running a Changeling game) but a 1 point Hollow bonus that requires Hob Alarm for Traveler's Freeholds... basically there's a set but potentially mobile entrance because the Hollow is moved by the Hobs. Basically it's so you can have a symbiotic Goblin Market with a mobile Hollow set up for both changelings and some hobs.

Comment

• I posted this about a year ago in a different thread, but would love to get some more opinions on it now that the kickstarter has been released. Please let me know if you would rather me paste individual components rather than a link to the document. This is for a freehold in St. Augustine, Florida, in the United States.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Comment

• So i am writing up a Changeling the Lost second edition setting, set in the small city of Harstad, Norway and the surrounding area. For that setting, I thought it would be cool to design two courts to serve as the locally established freehold. The current idea that I have are for the two courts to be as follows:

The Court of Love: This court unlike spring doesn't focus on the desires surrounding love, but more on the attachment itself. Love for them is everything from romantic love to the love of a good workout or a family member. Their way of coping with their durance is focusing on building relationships and attachments to things and people in their life. They also are very much culturally inclined in fostering love that other people are feeling((or should feel in their opinion)). This can make some of them really annoying matchmakers that would even make Aphrodite groan, or they can almost like be a traveling band of cheerleaders who actively help people become friends or pursue their dreams.

The Court of Hate: The Court of Hate on the other hand have little interest in "coping" or "moving on" from their durance. They want revenge first and foremost, they aren't happy with just protecting their freehold or sending out armies to fight against the Gentry in the Hedge. Hate is cold and slow compared to the immediate explosion that is wrath, the members of this court want to hit the Gentry where it hurts. So in a lot of ways the members of this court act more as spies, saboteurs and schemers as opposed to being warriors. Their hate is everlasting and their emnity will never die. This hate even extends to other enemies of their court.

So what i wanted some help with was threefold:

1. Help with Designing their Mantels

2. Find out how these two courts share/transition their power between the two of them

3. Come up with Court Contracts

Ideas for helping to develop these two courts is also helpful, i have been considering adding in a third court to represent the middle so to speak: The Court of Indifference...But i wanted you guyses take on that before proceeding .

Comment

• These guys are mostly NPCs, unless you're in a really strange game, but I'm rather proud of this, so here it is

Freehold of the Crashing Waves
                          A mobile freehold, acting as privateers, coming in like a storm, snatching changelings, tokens, esoteric valuables, symbolically powerful mortals, and even other supernatural beings. They divide power like any other freehold, with each court fulfilling a specific function.

Court of Sea
                          Signature Emotion: Curiosity
                          The Sailors are the eyes of the privateers, scouting and searching for their next base of operation. They govern the freehold's movements, guiding them past the snares and dangers of the hedge, leading them to their next base camp.
                          Harvest: they get a glamour when they let their curiosity get the better of them.
                          Mien: they appear weathered by travel, and smell of sea spray
                          Patrons: their patron is Sea, specifically Sea as a patron of exploration
                          Ascension to Rulership: when the time comes to move on, an old tricorn hat is placed on the kings head, and he leads them on their way.
                          Give and Take:
                          Mantle:
                          *Ignore the Goblin Debt Cost of the Mantle Mask Contract.
                          **Become inured a Clarity trigger
                          ***Gain +2 to all rolls made to navigate the hedge
                          ****Become inured to a second Clarity trigger
                          *****Reroll a failed Hedge navigation check

Court of Sand
                          Signature Emotion: Satisfaction
                          The Dealers are the rulers of the freehold at rest, setting up both their real world and hedge accommodations while they set up their temporary bases. They also are in charge of selling the freehold's stolen goods and loaning them out as mercenary fighters.
                          Harvest: whenever you make someone happy with a deal that ultimately hurts them, gain a glamour
                          Mien: they track phantom sand behind them, and the sound of clinking coins follow them.
                          Patrons: they are patroned by Market itself, not any specific market, but the idea of them.
                          Ascension to Rulership: when the freehold strikes semi-permanent camp, an ornate coat alights on the rulers shoulders.
                          Give and Take:
                          Mantle:
                          ***Gain the Market Sense and Brownie's Boon merits
                          *****Gain 3 dots of the fast talking style

Court of Sabres
                          Signature Emotion: Terror
                          The Buccaneers take over in battle, warriors and thieves, they endeavor to either attack with no warning whatsoever, or to inspire pure terror in their enemies beforehand. They are the most wild of the courts and have the highest turnover rate as well.
                          Harvest: when someone refuses to challenge you because they fear you, gain a glamour
                          Mien: they grow tattoos as they grow in power, their scars also stand out in sharper relief.
                          Patrons: They are patroned by Terror, who grows fat on the fear they inspire
                          Ascension to Rulership:
                          Give and Take:
                          Mantle:
                          ***Gain 9-again on intimidate checks
                          *****Gain 3 dots of the fighting style merit of your choice

Comment

Working...
                          X