Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    Updated the first post a bit more.

Taidragon, you got an overall name for your Courts yet so I can post up your stuff?
    I'd say no; my stuff is very firmly still in development, and I'm aiming to have a concentrated post of it when it's ready. Otherwise there will be links to a lot of my posts that haven't got anything concrete. Thanks for asking though.

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post

I'd say no; my stuff is very firmly still in development, and I'm aiming to have a concentrated post of it when it's ready. Otherwise there will be links to a lot of my posts that haven't got anything concrete. Thanks for asking though.
      Ok, got it.

Comment

Would it be considered cheating if I took one or two contracts from the Seasonal Courts and converted them to my own?

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
        WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
        and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

Moar Sturffs.

Contracts of the Empyrean

Soul’s Testament (Common)
          x
          Cost: 1 Glamour
          Dice Pool: Wits + Expression + Mantle vs. Composure + Supernatural Tolerance
          Action: Contested
          Duration: Instant
          Roll Results
          Dramatic Failure: The changeling believes the target’s aspiration is something it’s not, chosen by the Storyteller or target’s player.
          Failure: The Contract fails.
          Success: The changeling learns the target’s most impassioned aspiration, and any Conditions or Tilts connected to it. This aspiration can even be one the target is unaware of. The changeling may replace this aspiration with one of her choice. The target’s passion for the original aspiration, along with any Conditions or Tilts it engendered, turns towards the new one for the scene.
          Exceptional Success: The changeling gleans the details of her target’s aspiration, such as its origins and what’s holding them back from accomplishing it. She may coax them into acting upon it without a roll, so long as the target doesn’t believe it suicidal.
          Loophole: The changeling has told the target one of her own aspirations.

Lay on Hands (Royal)
          The changeling calls upon the vigor of life to heal all wounds. Such power cannot be used on wounds brought by iron unless the target is mortal, nor does it work if damage was dealt by the changeling’s own hand.
          Cost: 3 Glamour + 1 Willpower
          Dice Pool: None
          Action: Instant
          Duration: Instant
          Effects: The target converts all damage they are suffering to bashing as their body is stabilized. Any Conditions or Tilts caused by mundane toxins or poisons are also removed.
          Loophole: The target was an innocent bystander.

Contracts of the Inferno

Hellfire (Royal)
          The changeling calls upon the umbral fires of Hell to consume his enemies. To enact this Contract, the changeling must already have suffered at least 1 Lethal point of damage.
          Effects: The changeling spits blood onto the floor, igniting it as it becomes the center of a smokeless conflagration that grows until an area out to (Mantle x 20) yards/meters suffers the Inferno Tilt. The changeling himself is immune to the effects. Alternatively, the changeling can revoke said-immunity to render even fireproof material susceptible, at which point the fire turns black as night. Cruel laughter and agonized wails echo throughout the scene while the contract is in effect.
          Loophole: The Contract is cast between Midnight and 3 AM.
          Last edited by MrParaduo; 12-22-2017, 02:04 PM.

and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

Contracts of the Inferno

Reveler’s Blessing (Common)
            The changeling gives praise to his patron vice, beseeching it to shelter him from all consequence whilst in pursuit of its many delights. Vice, in turn, compels its child to make good on his intentions.
            Effects: On casting, the changeling chooses an indulgent activity to partake in for the remainder of the scene. Whilst actively pursuing said-activity, the Contract prevents the changeling from suffering negative Tilts or Conditions that would come from doing so, such as overdosing on a drug, broken bones during sex, or wherever the Storyteller approves. Pain is only mitigated as far as personal pleasure allows. This only prevents damage if in line with the activity, or isn’t a frailty of the changeling’s.
            Loophole: The Contract is used to entertain someone else’s Vice.

Comment

Since I'm not sure it'd be noticed if I didn't post it here. Looking for thoughts about this. Rituals and History of the Courts

It is said in the annuls of the tales of Crossroads, that the Founders approached their Patrons as a group during their escape. Tales say that the Patrons too were escaping the Gentry, chafing against unfair pacts they were never consulted in, underwritten in by greater powers. Each spoke of what they would offer and what they wished for in return. By making this Bargain with the changelings, the Patrons took back the power to rule their own fates and make pacts only on their own terms. The one thing that they always agreed on was that they would travel at least 1 out of every three days to each year. Travel isn't just a way of avoiding threats, but an integral part of the deal.

Though it is agreed by the Courts that all of this happened so long ago that the names were nothing like those of the tales. But the tales seem to agree they were all of lands far set from each other who met during their escape through the Hedge. So generally, names are taken from eastern Asia, South or Central America, Europe, and Africa or Australia for each Founder.

The truth is that the Travelers' Courts have existed in these areas seemingly separately, which they believe was the Founders traveling Trods to spread the Courts throughout the world. This too was part of the Bargain. They would take the secrets of the Courts and spread them, and in return, even in the worst of times, the Courts would have survivors to rebuild from. Sometimes these survivors escape the Hedge with a Mantle and knowledge of the Court, yet remembering nothing of how they learned it. And so the legends of the Founders yet existing somewhere teaching the lessons of the Courts to escaping changelings are spoken, just as they learned the ways during their escapes.

Breakback Qiang was the mighty one who forged a deal with Cargo. He pledged to place walls built with both might and wisdom against the forces of those who would unjustly rule over them.

The Fortress Festival is a bi-yearly celebration of creativity among the Court, as different forms and ideas for defenses are offered. Some build small replicas, others produce small functional examples, while others might attempt their hand at blueprints. The Freehold gathers to vote for their favorites. The winner for each year gains the right to test their project against the winners of other Freeholds at the Carnivale Gossamer.

Winding Paths Khalida offered wisdom and a hunger for more to Crossroads. Under her, long memories would be recorded and kept and most importantly... shared with other travelers.

The Wheel Record is a mobile... well place for the keeping of all sorts of records. In the modern age, backups are kept spread out amongst the Freehold, but there is one repository where you can go that you will know the knowledge will exist, if anywhere. The Court freely claims credit for the idea that they say gave rise to bookmobiles.

Soft Words Cato offered the need for not just a place to survive, but one to thrive. To make a place that all others would have only envy for.

As opposed to the Fortress Festival, the Records of Paradise are a year-long competition of both exhibits or shows and homes. Each has a yearly tally present somewhere on them. Perhaps notches on a flagpole to represent credits, with carvings to represent a end-of-year recognition and reward. Popular ones often have “tattoos” reminiscent of old fighter planes and their tally of planes shot down.

Wind-racer Xochitl said she would find every path, run their lengths, and always return in time. She would taste of all the delights of the world and share of them with others. This Court alone has no least “official” events or ideas shared beyond Freeholds, instead building up a mix of favorite rites and habits that changes with time and the whims of the current courtiers. The one thing you can count on is each is like a reporter looking for the scoop on a new idea to share with the others and the good-natured fun they have with it... but no one keeps track. Such would be an insult to the most nomadic of Patrons and Courts.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
                Would it be considered cheating if I took one or two contracts from the Seasonal Courts and converted them to my own?
                I don't think so, especially since (as someone pointed out up-thread) the Seasonal Courts already have some relatively similar Common Contracts. I don't see anything wrong with "reskinning" existing Contracts if it's relevant to your homebrew court. (The Court of Tragedy already borrows heavily from Autumn and Winter, and Comedy from Spring.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post

I don't think so, especially since (as someone pointed out up-thread) the Seasonal Courts already have some relatively similar Common Contracts. I don't see anything wrong with "reskinning" existing Contracts if it's relevant to your homebrew court. (The Court of Tragedy already borrows heavily from Autumn and Winter, and Comedy from Spring.)
                  Awesome. True, might seem like a cop-out, but still feels logical to me.

Also, is this too OP?

Contract of the Empyrean

Music of the Spheres (Royal)
                  The changeling beseeches the firmament in pursuit of her quest, giving praise to the heavens that they might becalm the sky or bring about drastic change. This Contract must be cast beneath open sky.
                  Cost: 3 Glamour
                  Effects: The changeling chooses either to remove all environmental Tilts related to meteorological phenomena for the remainder of the scene, or create one. She is immune to the effects of said-Tilt for its duration, but may draw unwanted attention if the weather is beyond the norm for the area. Alternatively, she may revoke said-immunity to call upon a comet controlled by the Wyrd to strike down her most pressing obstacle within the scene. Such an act is risky, however, as the Wyrd may target allies, random barriers, or even her as ‘perceived’ obstacles. The comet disintegrates after impact.
                  Loophole: The changeling is wearing attire appropriate for the weather she means to call upon.

Comment

Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
                    Awesome. True, might seem like a cop-out, but still feels logical to me.

Also, is this too OP?

Contract of the Empyrean

Music of the Spheres (Royal)
                    The changeling beseeches the firmament in pursuit of her quest, giving praise to the heavens that they might becalm the sky or bring about drastic change. This Contract must be cast beneath open sky.
                    Cost: 3 Glamour
                    Effects: The changeling chooses either to remove all environmental Tilts related to meteorological phenomena for the remainder of the scene, or create one. She is immune to the effects of said-Tilt for its duration, but may draw unwanted attention if the weather is beyond the norm for the area. Alternatively, she may revoke said-immunity to call upon a comet controlled by the Wyrd to strike down her most pressing obstacle within the scene. Such an act is risky, however, as the Wyrd may target allies, random barriers, or even her as ‘perceived’ obstacles. The comet disintegrates after impact.
                    Loophole: The changeling is wearing attire appropriate for the weather she means to call upon.
                    I feel like there's a bit too much going on with this Contract, but it might be the way it's written. But, not OP. I mean, they don't control the comet, but at the same time, I doubt an ST is going to want to potentially wipe out their PCs either (unless they're one of the kind who play antagonistically), so I'm not sure how much teeth the comet has. Perhaps a better method is to treat it as an explosion. One the PCs probably can survive, but that's going to cause collateral damage unless the threat really is that bad (aka, there's enough area for the strike's blast zone to not hurt anything but the targets). Then it might be OP... yeah, that offers some danger, but also a chance of turning a certain loss into possible survival.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

Originally posted by haren View Post

I feel like there's a bit too much going on with this Contract, but it might be the way it's written. But, not OP. I mean, they don't control the comet, but at the same time, I doubt an ST is going to want to potentially wipe out their PCs either (unless they're one of the kind who play antagonistically), so I'm not sure how much teeth the comet has. Perhaps a better method is to treat it as an explosion. One the PCs probably can survive, but that's going to cause collateral damage unless the threat really is that bad (aka, there's enough area for the strike's blast zone to not hurt anything but the targets). Then it might be OP... yeah, that offers some danger, but also a chance of turning a certain loss into possible survival.
                      K. I'll remove the comet and maybe make that its own Contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsienfan View Post
                        Death has always watched over the people of Mexico. That isn't an insult, or a poetic commentary on their state of affairs, despite what news or TV shows about the drug trade might have you think-- It is verifiable religious truth. Mictēcacihuātl tended to the Aztec underworld, and in the wake of the conquistadores and forced conversion to Catholicism, the natives eventually dressed her in the clothing of a folk saint: Our Lady of Holy Death, Santa Muerte, she who watches over the lost. Unlike what some say is a silent, uncaring god in Christianity, Santa Muerte can do anything, protect anyone... and that especially includes the Changelings who petition and swear vows in her name.
                        Black is the color of protection, and Santa Muerte in Black is the mother of magic, of curses undone, of freedom won at any cost. Changelings who swear to her are the hex-breakers and jailbreakers of fae society, who know the most about the Gentry and the Hedge and magic-- all the better to beat them.

Gain glamour whenever someone, even for just a moment, defies a dark fate: the junkie walks away from addiction for a night, the abuse victim pushes for freedom in a harmful relationship, the once-human goblin slave asserts their right to be free-- even if it's doomed to fail. Among the poor and marginalized, these moments are unfortunately easy to come by.

When Santa Muerte in Black is ascendant, there is always, always a way out. No matter how powerful the Gentry is, or how hopeless the trap may seem, the True Fae is obligated to leave one opening that is possible for the changeling to take. He may have to sacrifice a limb to get free, but the choice is always there.

(The Black Court speaks of another bargain, less popular for obvious reasons: When Santa Muerte in Black is ascendant, a changeling may, at any time and for any reason, ask Her to embrace them and take them into death. A swift, painless and peaceful end is always available, which is a precious thing in a violent world.)

Comment

And one more, a hidden court:

Santa Muerte in Blue can mean a number of different things. To mortal followers (especially after Afro-Cuban immigration to Mexico in the 1970s), Santa Muerte has seven colors, each with different properties-- La Niña Azul is the aspect of the saint that deals with empathy and clarity. Among changelings, sometimes, the White Court splits into White and Blue when members disagree over prioritizing blood family or all potential families of humankind.

But sometimes, in the several freeholds that make up the vast area of San Diego and Tijuana, they speak of a different Blue Court, a devout Catholic court devoted to the Virgin of Guadalupe, which they say was active in the mid-20th century. They were the kindest, most charitable, and most powerful court in northern Mexico, so the stories go. Tales of this court disagree over whether the Court of Guadalupe stood alone or with sibling courts of San Miguel (Michael) and other saints. How exactly they fell apart is also a matter of heated disagreement, even among those who lived through it.

But one matter is agreed upon by almost everyone: The Blue Court lives. They've survived by reinventing themselves as an aspect of Santa Muerte-- an idea that makes some of the more devout Christians recoil in disgust, but these are strange times.

Santa Muerte in Blue's followers are jittery and well-hidden due to their recent history-- a "crypto-court," secret even to people who live an endless secret like the Lost. But no one doubts that the Virgin of Guadalupe still watches over her children. They're around, somewhere.

Comment

First concepts for Runner Court Contracts. Almost zero rules at the moment, will get to those later, probably in Custom Contract thread.

Shaper's Mind (Maker/Common)
                            Bestows magical inspiration.

Hands that Made You (Maker/Common)
                            Maker can use Crafts and Medicine for their attacks.

Long Night of Passion (Maker/Common)
                            Maker can perform two Build Equipment actions simultaneously.

Enter Collective Unconscious (Maker/Royal)
                            Maker draws audience into collective dream that lasts a scene "inside" and an eyeblink on the outside.

Treasure of Earthly Miracles (Maker/Royal)
                            Turns piece of equipment into any magical Artefact of World of Darkness that they had touched before.

Is This Yours (Taker/Common)
                            Taker instantly steals something he has seen Mark put into their pocket.

Striking Forgery (Taker/Common)
                            Taker bestows Condition "Delusional: Item was never stolen" on Mark.

Just Your Imagination (Taker/Common)
                            Taker can cash in Mark's negative non-persistent conditions for all kinds of cat and mouse antics.

Become the Mask (Taker/Royal)
                            Legend rules from DtD essentially.

Finders Keepers (Taker/Royal)
                            Taker straight up steals Attribute dots from Mark.

Howl of War Horde (Breaker/Common)
                            Attacks target's "will" via vicious war chant

Savage Disarmament (Breaker/Common)
                            Object is reduced to Durability of 1.

Feel Nothing But Enmity (Breaker/Common)
                            Heals all non-Agg wounds and then deals one Agg to user. Downgrade all lethal damage to bashing.

Decry False Comforts (Breaker/Royal)
                            Creates blackout zone for post 19th century tech.

Apex Horde of War (Breaker/Royal)
                            Motley shares highest attribute among themselves.

Comment

Contract of the Empyrean:

Luna's Diadem (Common)
                              The changeling forms a crown from moonlight to shield her from insanity. Such a gift is only temporary, and when the magic ends, she must face the tides of lunacy.
                              Effects: From now till the next sunrise, when the changeling would suffer an attack against Clarity or a breaking point, she stores it within the diadem instead. Upon the Contract’s end, the changeling rolls the most severe breaking point, minus her Mantle. If she would have suffered multiple breaking points, she instead converts these to temporary conditions appropriate to what caused them. This Contract cannot be cast again until said-conditions are resolved.
                              Loophole: The changeling basks in natural moonlight.

Comment

Not sure this would be the proper thread to put it, but might as well since it relates to my Toontown Courts:

As I mentioned before, I decided to have the actual quality of being a toon changeling being represented as a changeling-exclusive merit, as I didn't want to take away any choice from having it be a dedicated toon seeming or kith. Thinking a 1-2 dot merit. One of the things I know will include will be that toon changelings all start out with a bane against paint thinner: any material that could be used as thinner (acetone, turpentine, toluene, etc) could harm them as much as cold iron.

So with there I'm left wondering: what kind of benefit would toon changelings have to have in comparison to regular changelings to counter-balance them having two weaknesses? Especially with the other substance being relatively far more common and easier to get then cold iron. What kind of benefit could toon changelings get that would be otherwise unavailable for regular changelings?

Comment

Working...
                                X