Santa as 2e Changeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa as 2e Changeling

So thinking about what could be done with the revealed 2e rules, here is what I came up with.

Seeming: Wizened, Kith: Helldiver

Contracts: Loyal Servant, Discreet Summons, Mirror Walk, Light-Shy, Blessings of Perfection.

Merits: Token •••••: Santa's Sleigh, Hollow ••••: Santa's Village, • Hobkin.

Santa's sleigh flies when activated and it summons 9 flying Reindeer.

Santa's Village comes with •• Size, • Hobgoblins (Christmas Elves), • Luxuries.

Touchstone Mrs. Claus, a Fae Touched with the Loyal Servant, and Potents and Visions contracts.

Santa can use his magic to bring Snowmen and Toys to life (Loyal Servant), uses Mirror Walk to drop off toys, Light-Shy helps him hide, Discreet Summons allows him to summon Christmas themed Hobgoblins and pull toys from his sack, Blessings of Perfection improves his toys and tools.

Santa's Village is a Hollow with a Christmas Village theme filled with Christmas Elves.

See, I was thinking of him more as a Keeper, with a small army of Wizened toymakers and 8-9 Beasts to pull the sleigh. Making enough toys for all the children on Earth seems like the kind of Sisyphean task the Gentry would get a kick out of...

Comment

Well, what if there were TWO Santas (and probably Keeper Krampus as well)? You could have one who in some ways is the more classical one (and a Keeper) and one who is perhaps the latest in a line of changeling Santas who carry on both trying to protect the children of Earth and reward the good ones.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
        See, I was thinking of him more as a Keeper, with a small army of Wizened toymakers and 8-9 Beasts to pull the sleigh. Making enough toys for all the children on Earth seems like the kind of Sisyphean task the Gentry would get a kick out of...
        That has been my take. The freehold I've been working on (on and off for years) has a major character who did a Durance as a flying reindeer.

Comment

Honestly this was just an experiment in exploring the Character Creation system with a Christmas theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
            summons 9 flying Reindeer.
            Should totally be Fae Mount merit! For contracts, you should also include the Slipknot Dreams Contract - this ability is designed to make people happy by giving gifts.

Also, Winter Court's Give & Take includes a celebration during the same time as Christmas Night called the Winter Market, where fae items are given out under complete secrecy and discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by haren View Post
              Well, what if there were TWO Santas (and probably Keeper Krampus as well)? You could have one who in some ways is the more classical one (and a Keeper) and one who is perhaps the latest in a line of changeling Santas who carry on both trying to protect the children of Earth and reward the good ones.
              Maybe Krampus is just another of the Keeper's titles?

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

So, I actually see Santa as an Ogre Helldiver with the Keeper mostly manefesting as the Realm of the North Pole.

Imagine the Lost being forced to play the role of Santa in the Workshop, in charge of many goblins or other Changelings. Forced to be the boss.

Actually now that I say "Boss", fairest could work too. Just depends on which which aspect effects to the CL latches onto really.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Hmm... I can see this going either way -- a very advanced (high XP) Changeling or a Keeper.

And in the Keeper version I could see a schizophrenic Keeper -- Santa/Krampus. Somehow that feels like an interesting take. Consider: December 5th is when the Krampus roams; December 6th is Saint Nicholas Day. So on Krampusnacht, the Krampus steals away naughty children who are then mutated into elves (and reindeer and decorations and trees) who must serve Santa Claus on an endless night of creating toys and being forced to travel at supersonic speeds around the world to reward the good children. This becomes a double whammy -- these are children ripped away from their families under a set of rather arbitrary rules and then afterwards forced to reward the children who are *not* taken away.

If that isn't something from the Darkness, nothing is

Comment

Working...
                  X