No announcement yet.

Hybrid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way Clarity would work is they just have to be extra close to their Touchstones, as they will be taking a lot of damage. Thst ties into the Family theme anyway, so i think its fine

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
      The way Clarity would work is they just have to be extra close to their Touchstones, as they will be taking a lot of damage. Thst ties into the Family theme anyway, so i think its fine
      Agreed; so maybe instead of not having the Mask, it just costs Glamour to maintain the Mask (and extra Glamour to strengthen it, but none to drop it). The constant Glamour bleed would result in the Kindly Ones needing to "feed" much more often than normal, similar to the Begotten's need to maintain their Satiety.

Comment

Great idea Mad_Maudlin - I like the mechanic of "pay to keep your Mask". Might that apply to other hybrids as well? I mean you're basically feeding magic into a powerful illusion all the time....

--Khanwulf

Comment

Not sure I would like these guys as protags though, but then again, I say the same about Beasts in general, so take me with a grain of salt.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
            Great idea Mad_Maudlin - I like the mechanic of "pay to keep your Mask". Might that apply to other hybrids as well? I mean you're basically feeding magic into a powerful illusion all the time....
            Eh, I'm not sure it's on-theme for every type of hybrid. For the Kindly Ones is makes sense for the reasons I gave above; for, say, a Bound Changeling, I'm not sure how making them pay for the Mask helps bring the closer to the Sin-Easters. (Though of course this in general is the kind of house rule a ST could invoke in any Changeling game to make Glamour acquisition more of a priority.)

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
            Not sure I would like these guys as protags though, but then again, I say the same about Beasts in general, so take me with a grain of salt.

That's fair. I'm not sure the Kindling Ones would work as PCs myself, or at least, not as the whole motley. But they'd be interesting NPCs in either game line.

Comment

Working...
            X